Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Travel Document Photo Specifications?

Travel Document Photo Specifications?

Old Feb 17th 2016, 10:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

SivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond repute
Default Travel Document Photo Specifications?

Hi Folks,

As I will be heading back to the UK in the coming weeks due to family health issues, I will require a Travel Document on my return to Canada (PR Renewal submitted in early January).

I normally deal with Costco for PR Photos, but notice that the Travel Document photo specifications are smaller. Has anyone dealt with outfits like Costco on this particular photo sizing, or are you better to contact a photographic agency to guarantee them offering the correct specifications?

Kind Regards,
Siv
Old Feb 17th 2016, 10:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Travel Document Photo Specifications?

I would go to somewhere where they can deal with the correct spec which you will take with you to present to them to absolutely ensure there are no errors.

S

Last edited by Snowy560; Feb 17th 2016 at 10:49 pm.
Old Feb 17th 2016, 10:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute

London Drugs will take the worst photo of you that you have ever seen.

But they will do the right size.
Old Feb 18th 2016, 4:20 am
BE Enthusiast

SivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the replies folks, really appreciate the input.

Well, I headed down to Costco tonight for some shopping, so took the opportunity to quiz the "dude" as the Photo counter. I presented him with my printout of the photo specifications from CIC's Travel Document page and he confidently stated that these dimensions are the Old PR sizes ... which Costco can still offer. Just ensure that you make them aware of these dimensions, before you stick your bum on the chair.

All the best,
Siv
Old Feb 18th 2016, 4:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Glad it worked out.

As it will be a while before you submit a travel doc application (I think from reading your posts), it may be worth checking everything again before you submit in case they change the spec or the form ...

with a bit of luck your PR card will turn up and you won't need all this (you never know!).

S