transporting pets to canada

Old Jan 12th 2002, 10:47 am
Michele Starkey

Has anyone had any experience of transporting pets to Canada? We are going to Ottawa
and need some information about this, please thanks.

--

Old Jan 12th 2002, 11:02 am
Ravichandran Valavan

Is that pet your Husband? They might allow if he behaves himself Michele.

Just kidding

>
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jan 12th 2002, 11:46 am
Lynn Holden

http://www.julyfood.com/immigration/...port.html#pets

Michele Starkey wrote:

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

--
Web Page: http://www.julyfood.com

Old Jan 14th 2002, 8:20 pm
Ingrid

All you need to bring your pets to Canada (dog or cat) is its current vaccinations,
that is, a certificate from your Vet in your home country (translated to english,
if not so already) stating the type and date of each vaccination (I think they are
most worried about the rabies one), and stating that your pet is in good health. I
belive the certificate has to be no older than 15 days, but you might want to check
for that one.

Declare your pet at customs when you arrive. They will take you and your pet to an
office to do the paper work. They are suppposed to have a vet checking your pet, but
that hasn't happened to me in the last 2 times. You will have to pay something like
$30 CND I think, and that's it!!!!!!

Hope this helps, I am olny talking from my own experience with my dog. Good luck with
your travel! Ingrid

Lynn Holden <[email protected]>
    >
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> >Has anyone had any experience of transporting pets to Canada? We are going to[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >Ottawa and need some information about this, please thanks.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >--[/usenetquote2]