Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Transition Time.... Mr. Berto/ Miller Pl. clarify

Transition Time.... Mr. Berto/ Miller Pl. clarify

Old Jan 3rd 2002, 5:58 am
Nkris

Hi,

The pending application before implementation of law( June 02), which have been filed
well before ( In fact 30 months ago)... Do they move in the same old fashion? Or Visa
officer has the power to guess/ assess and filter the applications in order to reduce
the waiting time?. I know pretty well this is a difficult question to answer. However
with your experience/ practice adopted by visa officers , I guess you can sort of
indicate the strategies of the visa officers.

As otherwise I see that pile can't be reduced considerably.

Lastly what is your guess on second set of Reg.- meaning , what would it contain? As
the most part( 400 Pages!) have already been published. Some more reg./rules ...I
wonder what they could be?

Would really appreciate if you could reply,

Thanks.....nkris

Old Jan 3rd 2002, 6:31 am
Andrew Miller

There is nothing to guess as transition rules have been clearly spelled out in both,
Canada Gazette and on the CIC website here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/coming/new-regs.html

This is exactly what the notice says:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR ECONOMIC IMMIGRANTS

Under the proposed regulations of the new Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
(expected to be implemented June 28, 2002), for Skilled Workers there will be an
important distinction between applications received before and after December 17,
2001. Specifically:

- Independent and Assisted Relative immigrants who are interviewed (or have had their
interview waived) before implementation of the new Act will continue to be assessed
against present regulations.

- Independent and Assisted Relative immigrants who apply on or after December 17,
2001 and who have not been interviewed (or have not had their interview waived)
before implementation of the new Act will be assessed against the new Skilled
Worker regulations and a pass mark of 80.

- Independent and Assisted Relative immigrants who applied before December 17, 2001
and who have not been interviewed (or have not had their interview waived) before
implementation of the new Act will also be assessed against the new Skilled Worker
regulations, but require a lower pass mark of 75.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

As you can see from the above notice your question is not difficult to answer at all
- it is pretty clear how pending applications will be treated.

The second part of Regulations to be published in February will deal with matters
that are not covered in the December 15th publication - like for example processing
fees, etc.

--

../..

Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
[email protected] (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before
sending email)

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >