Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Transferring application to Canada

Transferring application to Canada

Old Mar 4th 2002, 12:35 pm
Ted

Default Transferring application to Canada

I, a Canadian citizen presently living in China, and my wife, a Chinese citizen
have submitted an application for her for permanent residence in Canada. I plan to
try to travel with my wife to Canada later this year as a visitor (on a visitor's
visa) as I am not hopeful of her application for permanent residence being
processed by the summer. Does anyone know if it is possible to have the file
transferred to Canada to finish the final steps there or whether it is possible to
resubmit the entire application? Either step would be much cheaper than flying back
to China for an interview. Or is there another option? Any suggestions would be
appreciated. Thank you

Old Mar 6th 2002, 1:35 am
Webimmigration.

Default Re: Transferring application to Canada

Hi:

It will take most likely take over a year to finalize your wife's applicaiton for
Canadian permanent residency outside of Canada.

You will have to submit a new application to sponsor your wife from within
Canada. You will not be permitted to transfer your file to the Case Processing
Centre in Canada.

To complicate matters further, your wife will most likely be denied a visitor visa to
enter Canada. She may have to apply for a Minister's permit.

Yours truly, Ingrid Y. Chen, B.A., LL.B.

"Ted" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > I, a Canadian citizen presently living in China, and my wife, a Chinese citizen
    > have submitted an application for her for permanent residence in Canada. I plan to
    > try to travel with my wife to Canada later this year as a visitor (on a visitor's
    > visa) as I am not hopeful of her application for permanent residence being
    > processed by the summer. Does anyone know if it is possible to have the file
    > transferred to Canada to finish the final steps there or whether it is possible to
    > resubmit the entire application? Either step would be much cheaper than flying back
    > to China for an interview. Or is there another option? Any suggestions would be
    > appreciated. Thank you

Old Mar 6th 2002, 12:05 pm
Berto Volpentes

You cannot transfer a file from a visa post to an immigration office in = Canada. You
will have to start again once inside Canada.

--=20 Good luck,

All opinions expressed are IMHO, not anyone else's

Berto Volpentesta, B.A. (Spec. Hons.), B.Ed. Member, OPIC Director, OPIC and
Education Committee Chairman

Sidhu & Volpentesta Inc. Serving people around the world since 1991

www.svcanada.com

"Ted" <[email protected]> wrote in message =
    > I, a Canadian citizen presently living in China, and my wife, a Chinese citizen
    > have submitted an application for her for permanent residence in Canada. I plan to
    > try to travel with my wife to Canada later this year as a visitor (on a visitor's
    > visa) as I am not hopeful of her application for permanent residence being
    > processed by the summer. Does anyone know if it is possible to have the file
    > transferred to Canada to finish the final steps there or whether it is possible to
    > resubmit the entire application? Either step would be much cheaper than flying back
    > to China for an interview. Or is there another option? Any suggestions would be
    > appreciated. Thank you

Old Mar 6th 2002, 4:05 pm
Vincent Gogh

Hello ms chen,

what is a "Minister's permit" and how do we apply for it?

thanks

VG

"WebImmigration.Com" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > Hi:
    >
    > It will take most likely take over a year to finalize your wife's applicaiton for
    > Canadian permanent residency outside of Canada.
    >
    > You will have to submit a new application to sponsor your wife from within
    > Canada. You will not be permitted to transfer your file to the Case Processing
    > Centre in Canada.
    >
    > To complicate matters further, your wife will most likely be denied a visitor visa
    > to enter Canada. She may have to apply for a Minister's permit.
    >
    > Yours truly, Ingrid Y. Chen, B.A., LL.B.
    > _____________________
    > Webimmigration.com 225-141 Bannatyne Ave. E. Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada R3B 0R3 Tel:
    > 1-204-943-3303 Fax: 1-204-943-2625 Email: [email protected] Visit our website
    > at: www.webimmigration.com
    >
    > "Ted" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > I, a Canadian citizen presently living in China, and my wife, a Chinese citizen
    > > have submitted an application for her for permanent residence in Canada. I plan
    > > to try to travel with my wife to Canada later this year as a visitor (on a
    > > visitor's visa) as I am not hopeful of her application for permanent residence
    > > being processed by the summer. Does anyone know if it is possible to have the
    > > file transferred to Canada to finish the final steps there or whether it is
    > > possible to resubmit the entire application? Either step would be much cheaper
    > > than flying back to China for an interview. Or is there another option? Any
    > > suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you