Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Total cost of sponsored spouse app

Total cost of sponsored spouse app

Old Jul 28th 2008, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

leecyndisanders is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Total cost of sponsored spouse app

Hi,

Sorry if this has already been answered, my wife and I both live in Germany (She's Canadian I'm British) with the UK Forces. We are sending off an out of Canada application for my self within the next few days.
Are we right in thinking that these are the amounts we have to pay?

Right of Permanent Residence Fee $490.00

Family Class
Sponsorship application (per application) $75.00
Principal applicant $475.00
Total $1040.00

Is this allpaid up front or does the Right of Permanent Residence Fee get paid once the application is approved.

Again, sorry if this has been answered, I just want to make sure we pay the correct amount at the time of application.

Many thanks.
Old Jul 28th 2008, 10:51 am
Job Hunting in Ottawa

sheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Total cost of sponsored spouse app

pay everything upfront. and good luck
Old Jul 28th 2008, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

Island_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud of

Don't forget the cost of the medical for the sponsered spouse which is also done up front and sent off with the application.

Island Girl

Originally Posted by leecyndisanders
Hi,

Sorry if this has already been answered, my wife and I both live in Germany (She's Canadian I'm British) with the UK Forces. We are sending off an out of Canada application for my self within the next few days.

Family Class
Total $1040.00

Is this allpaid up front or does the Right of Permanent Residence Fee get paid once the application is approved.

Again, sorry if this has been answered, I just want to make sure we pay the correct amount at the time of application.

Many thanks.
Old Jul 28th 2008, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

techwizard has a brilliant futuretechwizard has a brilliant futuretechwizard has a brilliant futuretechwizard has a brilliant futuretechwizard has a brilliant futuretechwizard has a brilliant futuretechwizard has a brilliant future

Hi,

Family Class
Total $1040.00

Many thanks.
I would pay it all now.

I learned the hard way, I paid the Right of Permanent Residence Fee later and it added about 6 weeks on to the processing time for the visa.

Best of luck

GW
Old Jul 28th 2008, 4:23 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

CIC made an error on my Sponsorship/PR applications. They admitted the error, accepted things would have been different but for the error and apologised for it but they did bugger all to correct it. That error meant the PR application was doomed to failure. I had paid all fees up front.

That meant they kept all the fees. Had I not paid the PR fees at that point, CIC could not have kept what they didn't have. Not only that, we would not have been wrongly led to believe the PR application was proceeding satisfactorily, because the error would have been highlighted and discovered to have been irreversible almost immediately.

The idea of paying everything up front is apparently to avoid delays.

On the second Sponsorship/PR application (in Canada), I didn't pay the PR fee....once bitten, twice shy and all that.

It delayed things not one iota. They wrote making me an appointment for the official 'landing' interview at which I could pay the PR fee. I got my PR card very soon after.
Old Jul 28th 2008, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

ptomlin01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just completed our own sponsorship and yes your sums are spot on.. $1040.

You don't mention any children but you would add $150 for each if they were to be included in the sponsorship.

We paid everything up front so to avoid any chance of delays.

All the best

Last edited by ptomlin01; Jul 28th 2008 at 7:45 pm.
Old Jul 28th 2008, 8:11 pm
Banned

strobemike has a spectacular aura aboutstrobemike has a spectacular aura aboutstrobemike has a spectacular aura about

Hi,

Family Class
Total $1040.00

Many thanks.

We didn't pay the permanent residence fee until just before landing.
Old Jul 28th 2008, 9:15 pm
Forum Regular

leecyndisanders is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for all the swift replies.

I have already had my medical and paid for that, as for kids we have two but one is Canadian and the other is Canadian by Birth right so saved myself a few quid there lol.
Old Jul 28th 2008, 9:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
It delayed things not one iota.
OH didn't pay his upfront either (common-law, outland) - it cost him a mere 2wks, no big deal at all. It was 1wk for the letter requesting payment to get to us, and 1wk for them to receive our payment receipt - family class apps (apps processed in Canada) can pay online, which we did. I guess that's a big advantage over skilled worker where the big delays quoted by not paying upfront might stem from?
Old Jul 29th 2008, 1:39 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

The processing fees are not normally refundable but the RPRF is always refunded when visas are not issued or in issued not used for landing in Canada.