Too late for a FSW?

Old Nov 4th 2014, 11:34 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute
Default Too late for a FSW?

Hi all,

So for the past few months we either haven't been staying or my husband has been studying for part one of his medical exams. This means we have put a PR application on the back burner. We want to apply now but from what Christoompa said on another thread I fear we have left if too late to get an application together for FSW.

Is it possible to put it together and apply before January? Or are we better off leaving it to the Express Entry route (sounds simple enough ) ? We have until October 2016 on Temp work permit although obviously this now means we will prob have to look at an extension of work permit in the future...

Thank you in advance!
Old Nov 23rd 2014, 8:26 pm
Forum Regular

Hasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Too late for a FSW?

oh! i am trying to put my app together to apply by mid Dec 2014...checking on cic website, the cap has not reached if it is accurate. only 35 application for NOC 3112!...however, to collate documents such as letter of employment will take time...unless you already have them!
Old Nov 23rd 2014, 11:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

FlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond repute

A bird in the hand...
Old Nov 24th 2014, 12:40 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

We are already here Hasan, on a temp work permit so some things could be collated in time but we felt most couldn't like a new police check and letters of reference going back however long.... Given that he has a job here and funnily enough has been approached to move jobs we're going to go down the Express Entry route in January.

The cap didn't matter if you had a job offer for FSW.
Old Nov 24th 2014, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

Hasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tirytory
We are already here Hasan, on a temp work permit so some things could be collated in time but we felt most couldn't like a new police check and letters of reference going back however long.... Given that he has a job here and funnily enough has been approached to move jobs we're going to go down the Express Entry route in January.

The cap didn't matter if you had a job offer for FSW.
Yes! Aware cap won't apply if you have job offer. it is 10 years of work experience letter you need to submit as per current forms unless it is going to change with EE again..It took me about 3-5 months to get few and still collating letters...of course it make it difficult for me as Locum!
Old Nov 24th 2014, 1:06 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Originally Posted by Hasan78
Yes! Aware cap won't apply if you have job offer. it is 10 years of work experience letter you need to submit as per current forms unless it is going to change with EE again..It took me about 3-5 months to get few and still collating letters...of course it make it difficult for me as Locum!
Mmm difficult, my husband had been a partner for a large chunk of that but we still thought it would be difficult to get everyone to respond in the timeframe needed!
Old Nov 24th 2014, 1:14 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Tirytory
Mmm difficult, my husband had been a partner for a large chunk of that but we still thought it would be difficult to get everyone to respond in the timeframe needed!
I learnt that to get a quick reply - draft a letter yourself and email with your request so all they have to do copy and paste then it will be a lot quicker response as well as your draft will cover each points CIC request to be included in the letter!