Timing?

Old Sep 3rd 2020, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

Sunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond repute
Default Timing?

I know there is no definite answer to my question but you never know and I'm fully aware of the knock on effect that Covid is having on things.

Question 6 on IMM5532 asks when do you plan to return to Canada to resume residence.. I assume they need a date and not "when house is sold and PR is granted", we would like to go in April 2022 so i should put that in
but I read somewhere if the date you put is more than 12 months away, the application will be rejected.

So should we wait until April 2021 to submit the paperwork or just go ahead now when it's all ready?
Old Sep 3rd 2020, 1:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timing?

Originally Posted by Sunnybrae
I know there is no definite answer to my question but you never know and I'm fully aware of the knock on effect that Covid is having on things.

Question 6 on IMM5532 asks when do you plan to return to Canada to resume residence.. I assume they need a date and not "when house is sold and PR is granted", we would like to go in April 2022 so i should put that in
but I read somewhere if the date you put is more than 12 months away, the application will be rejected.

So should we wait until April 2021 to submit the paperwork or just go ahead now when it's all ready?
Is this for spousal sponsorship? If so, then IMHO, wait until April 2021.

As part of my proof of intent to return to Canada, I sent a copy of my signed marketing agreement with a UK Estate Agent and a screen shot of Rightmove proving that my house was for sale.

Last edited by Hurlabrick; Sep 3rd 2020 at 1:40 pm.
Old Sep 4th 2020, 4:48 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and welcome to BE!

I would strongly suggest that you don't put a specific date down for when you plan to move or a date you intend to return! There have been reports of applications being refused because the sponsor had put down a 'return' date later than PR was going to be granted... 'when PR is granted' is fine.. but you will need to show some 'planning' steps that you have taken to make the move . For instance - contact a couple of real estate agents about a rental / potential purchase -- or get a letter from a relative or friend if you are going to stay with them initially - make enquiries about jobs / schooling etc., etc. There's an excellent post in about this in our wiki https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spous...n_to_Canada.3F
Old Sep 5th 2020, 7:52 am
Forum Regular

Sunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, it is a spousal application and that wiki is helpful. We've just but our house and business up for sale as it could take a while to sell, we're in the tourism industry and ideally we'd like to move to Canada in April 2022.

My partner is Canadian and our application should be straight forward, I suppose it's just bit of a gamble really selling up before getting PR, what time frame are you allowed from getting PR in the UK to actually emigrating? There must be some leeway?
Old Sep 5th 2020, 12:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, it is a spousal application and that wiki is helpful. We've just but our house and business up for sale as it could take a while to sell, we're in the tourism industry and ideally we'd like to move to Canada in April 2022.

My partner is Canadian and our application should be straight forward, I suppose it's just bit of a gamble really selling up before getting PR, what time frame are you allowed from getting PR in the UK to actually emigrating? There must be some leeway?
Have another read of the spousal sponsorship wiki. It explains about 'soft landing' where once you have your CoPR, you can land in Canada on a visit and declare PR, then return to the UK to sell up before a permanent move to Canada up to a year or 18 montgs later - just make sure you can meet the PR residency obligation of 2 year out of 5 in Canada.
Old Sep 5th 2020, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick
Have another read of the spousal sponsorship wiki. It explains about 'soft landing' where once you have your CoPR, you can land in Canada on a visit and declare PR, then return to the UK to sell up before a permanent move to Canada up to a year or 18 montgs later - just make sure you can meet the PR residency obligation of 2 year out of 5 in Canada.
Thanks, that's good to know
Old Sep 5th 2020, 7:42 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick
Unless OP is living with their Canadian spouse.......if so, the 2 in 5 rule isn’t applicable as time outside Canada will count towards residency requirements as long as they’re together. So if that’s the case, they can do a soft landing and stay out of Canada for years/decades without losing PR.

For that reason I’d personally apply now, in case of delays due to Covid.
Old Sep 6th 2020, 7:22 am
Forum Regular

We've decided to apply now and in Question 6 on IMM5532 will put something like "see attached game plan", we've been living together for 10 years as common law partners, thanks for the help.
Old Sep 12th 2020, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

Will_PA has a reputation beyond reputeWill_PA has a reputation beyond reputeWill_PA has a reputation beyond reputeWill_PA has a reputation beyond reputeWill_PA has a reputation beyond reputeWill_PA has a reputation beyond reputeWill_PA has a reputation beyond reputeWill_PA has a reputation beyond reputeWill_PA has a reputation beyond reputeWill_PA has a reputation beyond reputeWill_PA has a reputation beyond repute

Spousal PR is pretty much a slam dunk. I wouldn't be nervous of not getting it, provided you are living together.

People make mistakes on their forms and get them sent back, etc, but if it's a genuine relationship, and your partner is Canadian, I'd be comfortable assuming it's going to be successful.

Processing time though... who knows. So get the application in asap