British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/timescales-pnp-pr-applications-outside-canada-751891/)

vettemaster Nov 26th 2012 12:59 pm

Re: timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Originally Posted by Tony_Tiger (Post 10401267)
Happy Birthday Vettemaster... I shall have a spiced rum and a coke on your behalf.. :D

Thankyou Tony :D I hope all is well and your having a good time ;)

vettemaster Nov 26th 2012 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by Kaye5 (Post 10401733)
Hi Violets

What email address did you use for your enquiry?

I was looking on the website for the email and it says they won't reply to enquiries unless application has exceeded average processing times, which according to this link are now 23 months for London!! And that's from application arriving in London. Holy moly.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...ial.asp#europe

Now both you and Vettemaster have had responses and none of us are anywhere near 23 months. So I might try the email address you used and see if we can get a response. But won't be surprised if we dont. :(

The case specific email address for London is [email protected]

vettemaster Nov 26th 2012 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by manitobain (Post 10401861)
If they have to answer all these emails it will take even longer?? Ur file gets on the bottom again after they had to pull it out to answer u? At least that's my theory.

Hi Ilse, I can't see why they would put your file to the bottom of the pile just for a case specific email. I would have would have thought, they would have a look at your file, then put it back were it was in the first place?

vettemaster Nov 26th 2012 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by Violets are blue (Post 10399165)
Have a great day Vettemaster, I hope its really enjoyable. Happy Birthday :thumbsup::getcoat::beer::drinkwine::beer:, probably not best to mix your drinks in this way. Have fun :D

Originally Posted by chiefmissile (Post 10399221)
Happy birthday mate, hope its a good one, next one across the pond, then you can go to the Keg and really push the boat out!!

Andrew

Originally Posted by Tony_Tiger (Post 10401267)
Happy Birthday Vettemaster... I shall have a spiced rum and a coke on your behalf.. :D

Thankyou for your Birthday wishes!:thumbsup: I had a great day. My family even came over to see me and stay over, which was great considering they live nearly 3 hours away. I had lots of Champagne and good food. :rofl: Its so nice to have some friends on this forum :nod:

I hope you all have a great day.

Dammy Nov 26th 2012 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by vettemaster (Post 10399055)
Hi Leslie, yes we did send an email on Thursday. :D I will relaxing most of today as my OH taking me out and surprising me

Happy birthday vettemaster. :drinkwine:

One mistake you made was that you left the Canadian High Commissioner to the UK out of the list of invite. Believe he would have come for the party, slept over and when leaving, he would have dropped your COPR :eek::rofl::rofl:

Anyway, happy you enjoyed your birthday party.:)

vettemaster Nov 26th 2012 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by Dammy (Post 10402087)
Happy birthday vettemaster. :drinkwine:

One mistake you made was that you left the Canadian High Commissioner to the UK out of the list of invite. Believe he would have come for the party, slept over and when leaving, he would have dropped your COPR :eek::rofl::rofl:

Anyway, happy you enjoyed your birthday party.:)

Hi Dammy, Thanks and very funny. I did not think of inviting the CHC :lol:

Kaye5 Nov 26th 2012 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by vettemaster (Post 10402094)
Hi Dammy, Thanks and very funny. I did not think of inviting the CHC :lol:

:lol:

Kaye5 Nov 26th 2012 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by vettemaster (Post 10401886)
Hi Ilse, I can't see why they would put your file to the bottom of the pile just for a case specific email. I would have would have thought, they would have a look at your file, then put it back were it was in the first place?

Conversely, I have heard others' thoughts are that it gets it out of the pile for attention, and therefore goes to the top of the pile.

I'm inclined to agree with Vettemaster, though and that it neither gets it to the top nor the bottom, and simply gets put back where it was.

Or possibly not taken out at all. Perhaps the reply is just based on what is held on computer.

There's a post in another thread which, reading between the lines, says we would process your files if we didn't have so many enquiries to deal with. (Er, you wouldn't have so many enquiries if you processed the files.... ;)) I'm not convinced that enquiries move anything forward, or tell us anything useful, so we might just sit it out. Last thing we want to do is give them another enquiry to deal with that will achieve nothing but add to their workload.

You could apply for your CAIPS notes (not sure how it is done, nor how long it takes, but you could search the forum) which might give you more of an idea what the hold up is, if your latest enquiry comes back with nothing.

Hopefully you will hear something positive; the frustration at not having heard anything for so long must be immense.

Violets are blue Nov 26th 2012 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by vettemaster (Post 10401911)
Thankyou for your Birthday wishes!:thumbsup: I had a great day. My family even came over to see me and stay over, which was great considering they live nearly 3 hours away. I had lots of Champagne and good food. :rofl: Its so nice to have some friends on this forum :nod:

I hope you all have a great day.

Glad you had a great day, it was very much deserved. I did like Dammy's suggestion, if only you had thought of it :D :thumbsup:.

I hope the enquiries dont cause too much of a delay but I am guessing in the grand scheme of things that they probably do a bit if you think about it logically :blink:. Ohh well, it is what it is at this stage, no point in worrying any more about it than we all already have :).

I hope you get to see meds received at the very least soon :fingerscrossed:.

chiefmissile Nov 26th 2012 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by Kaye5 (Post 10402264)
Conversely, I have heard others' thoughts are that it gets it out of the pile for attention, and therefore goes to the top of the pile.

I'm inclined to agree with Vettemaster, though and that it neither gets it to the top nor the bottom, and simply gets put back where it was.

Or possibly not taken out at all. Perhaps the reply is just based on what is held on computer.

There's a post in another thread which, reading between the lines, says we would process your files if we didn't have so many enquiries to deal with. (Er, you wouldn't have so many enquiries if you processed the files.... ;)) I'm not convinced that enquiries move anything forward, or tell us anything useful, so we might just sit it out. Last thing we want to do is give them another enquiry to deal with that will achieve nothing but add to their workload.

You could apply for your CAIPS notes (not sure how it is done, nor how long it takes, but you could search the forum) which might give you more of an idea what the hold up is, if your latest enquiry comes back with nothing.

Hopefully you will hear something positive; the frustration at not having heard anything for so long must be immense.

I have been warned not to send unnecessary enquires to London VO, it will slow down the process. I am in the UK military and know someone who liaises with the London VO reference UK military personnel going on exchange to Canada. The biggest gripe from embassy staff was the number of rude enquiries that they received from impatient applicants, he told me that they can intentionally delay PR for anyone who they get miffed with (I am not saying that this is the reason some of you are still waiting). I have been told that when i submit my application, not to send any unnecessary enquiries. :)

manitobain Nov 26th 2012 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by chiefmissile (Post 10402473)
I have been warned not to send unnecessary enquires to London VO, it will slow down the process. I am in the UK military and know someone who liaises with the London VO reference UK military personnel going on exchange to Canada. The biggest gripe from embassy staff was the number of rude enquiries that they received from impatient applicants, he told me that they can intentionally delay PR for anyone who they get miffed with (I am not saying that this is the reason some of you are still waiting). I have been told that when i submit my application, not to send any unnecessary enquiries. :)

...which is confirming a lil bit as to what I have been guessing.

vettemaster Nov 27th 2012 1:33 am

Originally Posted by chiefmissile (Post 10402473)

Best not to be rude when sending a case specific email then ? Lol. You would not think that people would be, would you?.
We looked into CAIPS and you need to have someone in Canada to do it for you and it takes around 6 weeks. :( Our application has suffered quite long delays regardless of the emails sent.

Surely as a paying applicant you have every legal right to ask for information or a progress report regarding your PR application?
Is that not a good point? Maybe Jim Humphries could answer those questions for us all and give us piece of mind? :)

PMM Nov 27th 2012 3:25 am

Hi

Originally Posted by vettemaster (Post 10402789)
Best not to be rude when sending a case specific email then ? Lol. You would not think that people would be, would you?.
We looked into CAIPS and you need to have someone in Canada to do it for you and it takes around 6 weeks. :( Our application has suffered quite long delays regardless of the emails sent.

Surely as a paying applicant you have every legal right to ask for information or a progress report regarding your PR application?
Is that not a good point? Maybe Jim Humphries could answer those questions for us all and give us piece of mind? :)

1. You don't have to be in Canada to request CAIPS. You can authorize someone in Canada to request CGMS (new CAIPS) on your behalf, cost $5.00 Or you can go to one of the commercial companies who will do it for you.
2. Think in London CHC shoes. The posted processing time for 80% of PNP applications is 23 months. So you can see how annoyed they can get with monthly requests for updates when the applicant is nowhere near the processing time line.
3. You have paid for processing, thats it. Compare the $550 to what you pay for the same processing service for the UK.

vettemaster Nov 27th 2012 3:49 am

Originally Posted by PMM (Post 10402942)
Hi

1. You don't have to be in Canada to request CAIPS. You can authorize someone in Canada to request CGMS (new CAIPS) on your behalf, cost $5.00 Or you can go to one of the commercial companies who will do it for you.
2. Think in London CHC shoes. The posted processing time for 80% of PNP applications is 23 months. So you can see how annoyed they can get with monthly requests for updates when the applicant is nowhere near the processing time line.
3. You have paid for processing, thats it. Compare the $550 to what you pay for the same processing service for the UK.

Hi PMM, is it safe to give over your personal information to a company to apply for CAIPS or CGMS?

PMM Nov 27th 2012 4:29 am

Hi

Originally Posted by vettemaster (Post 10402959)
Hi PMM, is it safe to give over your personal information to a company to apply for CAIPS or CGMS?

No complaints that I am aware of of. Most people seem satisfied with the service.