Timescales

Old Aug 1st 2006, 2:47 pm
Pinko lentil-hugger

Hipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to all
Default Re: Timescales

Am I the only person that isn't too bothered about the delay? I'm assuming it will be 4, 4 and a half years until I hear anything, and although I kind of wish I'd applied a year ago when I first meant to, I'm quite content to forget about it for a bit now. If nothing else, it gives me a chance to try to save up a bit more, and of course see as much of Europe while I can.

(Disclaimer: nobody is allowed to throw this back at me if I start bitching about the delays in 6 months !)
Old Aug 1st 2006, 2:57 pm
Glasgow Rangers

Voyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond repute

We applied May 2005
AOR July 2005 quoting 30 months until initial assessment

Going by previous posts I reckon we will be lucky to hear anything well into late 2008 if there are no delays

So in actual fact it could well be into late 2009 before things could get finalised

WAY WAY to long to put the families lives on hold so I went out in May this year and got myself a job, leaving hopefully with the next few months

I dont think all the waiting would be worthwhile, its far to long just now and I am only 12 months down the line, never mind a possible 3 years down the line with further delays possible

Eddie
Old Aug 1st 2006, 3:03 pm
Forum Regular

pixieelvis is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by steve666
Hi, our processing started October (end) 2004 as a skilled worker, we were told at the time it would be up to 18 months, a letter in March this year put it up to April 2007. However, The July and August 2004 people seem to be getting their medicals and visas done, working on that information it seems we may be lucky to get things moving around January 2007 time. We know of someone who has just put their info in and they were told it could take 40 months!!! I wouldn't bother personally, it's taken a lot out of us just waiting 19 months...
How old are your sons?
My daughter will be 20 soon and my son 18, in the period between making a decision to go and now has been 3 years exactly. They now have partners who don't want them to go and the longer this goes on the less chance we have going as a family. In that situation my wife says we'll stay here, so that's 3 years of our lives gone up the spout.

Hi There...... Our son's are 18, 13 and 12, we have a daughter who is turning 21 this year but she is not coming with us.
Old Aug 1st 2006, 3:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

pinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to behold

If your AOR is Aug 8th '04 how do you make it to be 2yrs, 2months in the system?? I always base my length of time in their system from my AOR date (which is Aug 12th '04). So I reckon I am not quite 2 years in yet?? Have I assumed that wrong or is there no right/wrong way of working out our times in the queue? Also from other threads I've read, once you do get the med requests the process seems to move into 5th gear, and a lot of people have competed in under 2 months, so hold out hope you hear soon, you might be able to spend xmas in Canada!!

Here's a question though; how likely/unlikely is it that they refuse somebody this far down the line? I guess common sense would have you beleive that if an Immigration officer looks over your paperwork initially to check its all in order when you first submit it (which they do), if you don't stand a chance at that stage they would tell you there and then??? Not have you put your life on the back burner for 2+/3+ years living in hope you can emigrate only for them to say "Not a chance!" when they do look at it and you don't get to cross the medical hurdle.
I guess nerves are setting in now as the Aug applicants are getting close to that stage now!! :scared:

To answer the original question: I know of somebody who applied early this year and they have been told to expect a 4 to 4.5 year wait to have application reviewed. Good luck!

Originally Posted by Dying to leave England
Or was submitted to London CHC after, say, October 2005.

We have been in the system 2 years 2 months and, even if we get med requests in the next 2 weeks, are unlikely to receive visas until Jan/Feb next year - making a total time of 2 years 7/8 months from date of application. I really do pity those that are "behind" us in the queue
Old Aug 1st 2006, 3:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Woodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond repute

CHC work from the date of application not your AOR date.

Unfortunately it is still possible, at any point, to be refused. Untill you have the PR visa in your sticky little mitts you could be refused.
Just look at Craftybanshee's posts or Gray C's.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Hope all goes well with your application and you hear good news soon.
Old Aug 1st 2006, 4:23 pm
Pinko lentil-hugger

Hipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to all

I don't understand this "putting the family's life on hold" business. Why do people do that? Why not just get on with life as normal until (say) 6 months before you expect to hear anything?
Old Aug 1st 2006, 6:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hipster Contrarian
I don't understand this "putting the family's life on hold" business. Why do people do that? Why not just get on with life as normal until (say) 6 months before you expect to hear anything?

I guess you don't have kids !

Those of us that do have to take lots of "other" things into consideration. Whilst I wouldn't advocate people staying indoors and "not living" whilst their application is in process those that have children who may/may not need to go to Uni, secondary schools etc need to factor issues such as these into their plans.

Someone applying now with a newly born baby, is likely to see that baby go through nursery and begin primary school in the time it will take their application to be processed. Silly little things such as "do we buy a larger car to accommodate the growing (size) of the kids or do we just make do with the one we have because our application will be processed soon" is a conversation we had in January this year - just before CHC told us our "review" was to be put back by 8 months !!

A number of our "white goods" have given up the ghost in the time we have been waiting the question then is: "do we buy cheap and cheerful on the basis that we will leave it or do we buy expensive and accept that we will lose a massive amount when we come to sell them when we leave" Not a great concern for singletons with lots of disposable income, but a major concern for largish families watching the pennies so as to make their new life as stress free as possible
Old Aug 1st 2006, 6:03 pm
Moved from Chester UK

IckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really nice

(Disclaimer: nobody is allowed to throw this back at me if I start bitching about the delays in 6 months !)
Not planning to throw this back at you, but I felt like you do now about six months ago. Now we just want to get there.
Old Aug 1st 2006, 6:16 pm
Pinko lentil-hugger

No- was it the youthful complexion that gave me away ?

Silly little things such as "do we buy a larger car to accommodate the growing (size) of the kids or do we just make do with the one we have because our application will be processed soon" is a conversation we had in January this year - just before CHC told us our "review" was to be put back by 8 months !!
Eesh! Don't suppose you can take the car with you?

Not a great concern for singletons with lots of disposable income
I wouldn't know! What's a disposable income ? (I've been in a relationship for well over a decade, but fortunately the cats don't need college funds, or I'd be screwed.)

Icklehelen, I can well believe that I will be in the same boat in 6 months- I'm not the most laid-back person you'll ever meet ! I'm sure I'll do my share of pacing, but for now I'm doing the fingers-in-the-ears-lalalala method of hoping the time will pass.
Old Aug 1st 2006, 6:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

No- was it the youthful complexion that gave me away ?
Something like that

Eesh! Don't suppose you can take the car with you?
Unfortunately no

12 months ago I felt exactly the same as you do, it's amazing that, the closer you get, the more frustrated every little delay becomes

Here's hoping we all have as quick a process as possible
Old Aug 1st 2006, 8:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

smitp11 will become famous soon enoughsmitp11 will become famous soon enough

Yep, we're in a similar position to a few of the other posters. Coming up on 2 year anniversary but realistically don't expect to hear anything before November. Having already repaired the washing machines three times, the hoover twice, the oven and the dug out an old kettle and can truly sympathise with anyone who is wringing the neck out of any electrical appliances or indeed their car!

Patrick.
Old Aug 1st 2006, 9:03 pm
claire ashton

Or was submitted to London CHC after, say, October 2005.

We have been in the system 2 years 2 months and, even if we get med requests in the next 2 weeks, are unlikely to receive visas until Jan/Feb next year - making a total time of 2 years 7/8 months from date of application. I really do pity those that are "behind" us in the queue

We applied through London in July 04, I know things have got worse but....
we got our medicals in late May 06, did them quickly and had our PPR 6 weeks later.

Just thought I'd mention it.....
Regards
Claire

Old Aug 1st 2006, 9:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

pinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to behold

No kids, no big responsibilities. Life is on hold though because I can't buy a house! No point at the moment.
Car has got 'car cancer' as well (rust) and just about getting me from A to B.
Do I bite the bullet and buy a new one or hang on to it in the hope it doesn't break down on me in the very near future?!?
Old Aug 1st 2006, 9:21 pm
Account Closed

yonk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rgilbert
We have an AOR of Jan 06 and was told 39 months before we hear anything. I know lots of people before us in the process have been given delay letters. It sounds like by the time we submitted our application CHC were more aware of the delays. I wonder if this has been calculated into our estimated time (what do people think??).

I have been looking positivley at our 39 months and using as time to really think about where we would like to live and organise and prepare ourselves for the move. I am also going to use the time to travel a bit more around the UK and Eurpoe while it is still so easy and cheap. I don't know if I really like the idea of lots longer than 39 months.
We also have a wait of 39 months stated on our AOR.
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 9:29 am
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

On 'hold' as in no planning for family life, no buying electrical goods (least of our problems), watching property prices, both here and Canada, watching kids getting older and having their own agendas (for those of us with teenage kids), not giving a toss about job careers in this country, trying not to spend money, boredom, waiting...waiting...waiting.....
I call that Life On Hold..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.