Timescale for AEO ?

Old Dec 18th 2008, 2:47 am
Forum Regular

dogman scotland is a name known to alldogman scotland is a name known to alldogman scotland is a name known to alldogman scotland is a name known to alldogman scotland is a name known to alldogman scotland is a name known to alldogman scotland is a name known to alldogman scotland is a name known to alldogman scotland is a name known to alldogman scotland is a name known to alldogman scotland is a name known to all
Default Timescale for AEO ?

Hi Folks

My prospective employer in Ottawa (I am an auto mechanic) has just applied to HRDC for AEO, does any one have any idea roughly how long this should take ?

Thanks
Old Dec 18th 2008, 1:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

lucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud of
Default Re: Timescale for AEO ?

Originally Posted by dogman scotland
Hi Folks

My prospective employer in Ottawa (I am an auto mechanic) has just applied to HRDC for AEO, does any one have any idea roughly how long this should take ?

Thanks
Hey I spoke to a lawyer the other day and she said it should take about a month. I only have her word for it though...
Old Dec 20th 2008, 1:45 pm
Just Joined

john spence is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi my AEO took 5weeks hope this helps.
Best regards
Old Dec 20th 2008, 1:46 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by john spence
Hi my AEO took 5weeks hope this helps.
Best regards
Sorry to correct you John but your LMO took 5 weeks - different thing!
Old Dec 20th 2008, 1:55 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Sorry to correct you John but your LMO took 5 weeks - different thing!
No sorry to correct you receieved positive AEO after 5 weeks this was done in oct2008 and just received pos LMO last week which also took 5weeks.

Best Regards
Old Dec 20th 2008, 2:01 pm
Forum Regular

londonlass is an unknown quantity at this point

John did need the LMO as well as the AEO or did your employer apply for both just incase?
Old Dec 20th 2008, 2:10 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

No sorry to correct you receieved positive AEO after 5 weeks this was done in oct2008 and just received pos LMO last week which also took 5weeks.

Best Regards
Oh ok, sorry! Assumed you'd misunderstood as I saw your pp about the LMO.

Why did you do both?
Old Dec 20th 2008, 2:14 pm
Just Joined

The AEO supported my PR application and the Lmo is to renew my WP as it is due late jan 2009.
Best Regards and no probs withe the mis understanding
Old Dec 20th 2008, 2:16 pm
Just Joined

Sorry forgot to mention my WP was open so needed LMO to get my present employer onto my WP hence the need for LMO.
Old Dec 20th 2008, 2:28 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

The AEO supported my PR application and the Lmo is to renew my WP as it is due late jan 2009.
Best Regards and no probs withe the mis understanding
Ah, I see. You didn't actually need to get the AEO - could have had your PR application 'fast-tracked' due to your TWP but not to worry. Bit late now anyway but just thought I'd clarify why we were confused as to why you'd applied for both! This Wiki article explains how you could have done it without AEO..............http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Fast_T...ication-Canada

Old Dec 20th 2008, 2:30 pm
Forum Regular

Maybe it's me but I'm abit confused by AEO's.....

I'm wondering, if you don't need a LMO to get one and it takes you straight to fast-tracked PR within a year why most people on here go through the whole LMO/temp work permit thing then when they get a job offer rather than using this AEO route? Am I missing something?
Old Dec 20th 2008, 2:36 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by londonlass

I'm wondering, if you don't need a LMO to get one and it takes you straight to fast-tracked PR within a year why most people on here go through the whole LMO/temp work permit thing then when they get a job offer rather than using this AEO route? Am I missing something?
Because a LMO/TWP can be sorted within about 4-8 weeks, but a PR application with AEO will take at least 6-9 months. And not many employers are prepared to wait that long! So for most, the only way to get the job is to go the quicker route which is LMO/TWP as if they mentioned not being able to start work for a year or so, very few would get the job offer in the first place!

Hope that helps clarify it.
Old Dec 20th 2008, 2:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

lucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by londonlass

Hey,

I think it's because AEO's don't enable you to work in Canada before PR comes through and they are also scrutinized more carefully to ensure they're legitimate offers....and also for most people out here in Canada wanting to fastrack they already have LMO's so there's no need for them to get an AEO.

Also I'm presuming if you have an LMO for one employer...but a different employer is offering you a permanent position if you get PR you would need to get an AEO for that offer.

And the rules have changed...the minister is now ordering that arranged employment pr apps have priority so it should make things easier, although like anything depends on the staffing they have in place.
Old Dec 20th 2008, 3:33 pm
Forum Regular

OK thanks for clarifying ladies