Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timelines:Submission of TWP application to receiving med. request

Timelines:Submission of TWP application to receiving med. request

Old Mar 19th 2009, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

DESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really nice
Default Timelines:Submission of TWP application to receiving med. request

Morning all!

Waiting! a very awful feeling which I guess a few of us in a similar position.

I just want to find from you guys how long did you wait from submission of your TWP application to receiving your med request?

We have submitted ours 09/03/09 via special delivery so we know they have received it but haven't heard or received anything from them.

Will you be able to ring them to find out as to what's been happening or it's best to wait?
Old Mar 19th 2009, 11:24 am
In limbo!

Sleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really nice
Default Re: Timelines:Submission of TWP application to receiving med. request

Hello, seems we are destined to do this horrendous wait together, we submitted a day after you by GND so our application arrived on the Tuesday rather than the Monday.

I was doing some research on this last night (whilst slowly going out of my tree) CHC London uploaded a new website very recently (last couple of days I think) and has quite a comprehensive section now on the whole process.

This is what it says on processing times.

http://www.dfait-maeci.gc.ca/mission...tement-eng.asp.

And finally, this is an interesting read too!

After applying.

In a nutshell it says don't do anything until after you 6 weeks has lasped! Which means by my reconing another 5 weeks of hell before we can make contact.
Old Mar 19th 2009, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

DESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really nice

Thanks for the link sleeping_beauty. I've also read some of those latest info from CIC last night. I am trying to find out if anyone has received their med request lately and how many days if not weeks from the date they have submitted their application?

I guess we'll be on this together. I am trying to be positive and focused as we felt that we are at a standstill at the moment. It's been painfully slow and agonising Waiting for our med req. and completion of our house sale (fingers crossed will sail through as well).
Old Mar 19th 2009, 1:59 pm
is Happy

Tanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to behold

Hi - there used to be a thread about TWP waits etc in the immigration section, i know I used it alot when i was moving. Everyone who is applying etc would put their times in and update with med req's etc - my signature satill shows all my info from when i was contributing to the thread - so feel free to look at the timeline below might also be worth resurrecting the thread
Old Mar 19th 2009, 4:32 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Tanah
Hi - there used to be a thread about TWP waits etc in the immigration section, i know I used it alot when i was moving. Everyone who is applying etc would put their times in and update with med req's etc - my signature satill shows all my info from when i was contributing to the thread - so feel free to look at the timeline below might also be worth resurrecting the thread
Looking at your timeline it looks like that yours took nearly a month. It looks like we have another 2-3 weeks waiting but hopefully sooner.
Old Mar 19th 2009, 4:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

kmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to all

Originally Posted by DESERTFOX
Looking at your timeline it looks like that yours took nearly a month. It looks like we have another 2-3 weeks waiting but hopefully sooner.
Hi desertfox, tanah and sleeping beauty,

I too am waiting to hear! ive been following you desertfox and SB

Written job offer- 13/2/09
+ve LMO received-25/2/09
Temp registration CRNBC (nursing)-9/3/09
TWP sent by R.Del- 13/3/09

Tanah, i was just wondering how straight forward you found the PNP through Healthmatch BC because we will be doing the same?

regards
k
Old Mar 19th 2009, 5:05 pm
In limbo!

Sleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really nice

Originally Posted by kmcguinness
Hi desertfox, tanah and sleeping beauty,

I too am waiting to hear! ive been following you desertfox and SB

Written job offer- 13/2/09
+ve LMO received-25/2/09
Temp registration CRNBC (nursing)-9/3/09
TWP sent by R.Del- 13/3/09

Tanah, i was just wondering how straight forward you found the PNP through Healthmatch BC because we will be doing the same?

regards
k

Yes I've been watching your progress as well, fingers crossed we all hear soon, although I dare say that we will be the last to hear, sods law!
Old Mar 19th 2009, 5:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

kmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Sleeping_Beauty45
Yes I've been watching your progress as well, fingers crossed we all hear soon, although I dare say that we will be the last to hear, sods law!
Hi SB45,

blimey im sooooo hoping your wrong...lets pray for the luck on our side and hope we get sorted out v.v.v.soon!!!

k
Old Mar 19th 2009, 5:29 pm
In limbo!

Originally Posted by kmcguinness
Hi SB45,

blimey im sooooo hoping your wrong...lets pray for the luck on our side and hope we get sorted out v.v.v.soon!!!

k
Thanks! I hope you are right, I can't bare this wait it is driving me to distraction and I'm only just over a week in to it ... but then I keep telling myself that after the weekend I will be two weeks into the wait and another week after that should hopefully see us to the half way mark.

I'm anxious because we aren't going down a "normal" route which makes it even worse - there is so much room for error with this.

I flit between being really positive and a blubbering nervous wreck.

I'm too much of a control freak, I hate the fact that my future lies is in the hands of some unknown person lol!

Keep me posted with your updates, fingers crossed it won't be too long and it is so nice to know others are feeling as anxious as I am, in a bizarre way!
Old Mar 19th 2009, 5:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Trophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of light

See our timeline below for our details.

Kev
Old Mar 19th 2009, 6:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sleeping_Beauty45
Thanks! I hope you are right, I can't bare this wait it is driving me to distraction and I'm only just over a week in to it ... but then I keep telling myself that after the weekend I will be two weeks into the wait and another week after that should hopefully see us to the half way mark.

I'm anxious because we aren't going down a "normal" route which makes it even worse - there is so much room for error with this.

I flit between being really positive and a blubbering nervous wreck.

I'm too much of a control freak, I hate the fact that my future lies is in the hands of some unknown person lol!

Keep me posted with your updates, fingers crossed it won't be too long and it is so nice to know others are feeling as anxious as I am, in a bizarre way!
hahah..your personality sounds like mine....i dont do waiting either..but ohhh have i had to learn...a little.

going insane not knowing and like you said its awful our futures sitting in some1 else's hands :-(

but im trying to remain positive.. im handing in my notice on the 9th april, last working day in the UK NHS system will be on the 29th may.

leaving do organised already. about to start the arduous task of carbooting!!! oh joy.

k
Old Mar 19th 2009, 6:51 pm
Forum Regular

Smudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really nice

Hi,

I wish I could fast forward and be in the same position as you guys.

Can I ask how you managed to get your job offers for the TWP. Its something that my husband and I are looking into at the moment and it would be really helpful to know how to go about it.

Also has anyone sold everything in uk to go out on a TWP? It just worries me that if we sell everything and are not then granted PR we'd have nothing to come back to. I don't really want to keep everything here 'just in case' but I suppose I worry (I'm another worrier!) that there is always the chance they could send you home!

It is really comforting reading these threads that alot of people's thought processes are the same, excited one minute and scared the next - I don't know whether I'm coming or going, plus I'm having difficulty thinking about anything else and we are at the very start of the process - no doubt it's only going to get worse, I had better prepare myself!!
Old Mar 19th 2009, 7:01 pm
In limbo!

Our route is different to the traditional TWP routes so someone else will have to advise on that but I can say that we are selling everything here - if the application isn't successful (either TWP or in time the PR application) then we wouldn't want to return here anyway, we know where we will go if the application isn't successful, we have seen some nice houses to rent if the TWP doesn't come through so that we can actually consider our next step.

Good luck and I'm sure someone will come along soon to give you some advice. In the meantime, maybe you could say what sort of job you are looking for?
Old Mar 19th 2009, 7:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Smudger75
Hi,

I wish I could fast forward and be in the same position as you guys.

Can I ask how you managed to get your job offers for the TWP. Its something that my husband and I are looking into at the moment and it would be really helpful to know how to go about it.

Also has anyone sold everything in uk to go out on a TWP? It just worries me that if we sell everything and are not then granted PR we'd have nothing to come back to. I don't really want to keep everything here 'just in case' but I suppose I worry (I'm another worrier!) that there is always the chance they could send you home!

It is really comforting reading these threads that alot of people's thought processes are the same, excited one minute and scared the next - I don't know whether I'm coming or going, plus I'm having difficulty thinking about anything else and we are at the very start of the process - no doubt it's only going to get worse, I had better prepare myself!!
Hi Smudger75, welcome to BE i see your a new member.

I applied for a job to one of the hospital's in BC. sent my resume and cover letter to one of the hospitals recruitment consultants, i had a telephone interview 2 days later with immediate job offer (July 08) house wasnt on the market then. did recce end of aug 08. upon returning to the uk i contacted my employer- explained house was just going on the market and explained process of nurses registration and TWP estimated timeliness. unfortunately the unit needed to be fully staffed by end jan 09...so had to let that job go.. anyway accepted offer on house on 4 nov 08 and complete on 19th dec 08!!

informed employer i had sold (they kept my file open) so received further written job offer my email, printed it, scanned it and sent it back...they applied for LMO, this was emailed to me 2 weeks later and along with all the other info required i sent for TWP last week.

OH will get SOWP included with my application and there is only me who requires a medical (due to my job) otherwise we could have applied for TWP at POE.

were about to start selling our house contents, other than sentimental things we are not taking anything with us.

so waiting, waiting, waiting.

what is your line of work?

k
Old Mar 19th 2009, 7:18 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Smudger75
We're also going on a TWP and we're not selling our house. We'll sell two of our cars (hubby is keeping his sports car at my in-laws to start with at least!) and a few other things. But furniture we're taking with us (from what I can gather, much more expensive to buy new in Canada) and we're going to rent our house out.

But we have two young children so that's why we're keeping the house - if we return back to the UK we would want the familiarity for them, don't want to uproot them again and have to return to a strange house in a strange place. At least if we do come back then although it will be unsettling for them again, they'd be returning to their own bedrooms, same school, same village, etc.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.