Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timelines and other ques.. Someone pls. help

Timelines and other ques.. Someone pls. help

Old Sep 11th 2001, 12:21 am
Stock

Hi,

I am presently in Nigeria and submitted my appli. for immigration in Aug2000 in
Buffalo office. In Dec 2000 I got a letter along with the medical papers and stating
that I should be ready for an interview within 7 to 10 months for which I would have
to go to Detroit. Also the letter said that I should not get my medical done. In July
2001 I got a letter from Buffalo stating that my file has been transferred to Detroit
and mmy next letter will let me know my interview date.

Could someone pls. share their experience with me about the timelines for the
interview and getting the visa. HOw much time it would take for me to get the
interview letter and what happens after the interview.

Also because of business deals I need to go to Canada. Is it possible for me to get a
business/visitor visa for Canada even when I have applied for immigration.

Thanks in advance for all help.

Old Sep 12th 2001, 3:10 pm
David Cohen

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

You should expect the interview date to be scheduled approximately 2-4 months after
the last communication from the Detroit office. Following the interview, in most
cases, processing of medical examinations, conclusion of background clearances, and
finalization of landing documents would take place. This generally entails a delay of
3-5 months for the offices in the USA.

>
    >

You can apply for permanent resident status and temporary status at the same time
(dual intent). Doing so will not harm your application for permanent resident status.
However, your application for temporary status may be affected because an impression
will have been created that you do not intend to leave Canada upon the expiration of
your temporary status.
________
CAMPBELL, COHEN - attorneys at law tel:514.937.9445 / fax:514.937.2618
[email protected] http://canadavisa.com

Online Community: http://canadavisa.com/community

Old Sep 13th 2001, 2:00 am
Stock

Thanks Mr Cohen,

However is it true that the Detroit office can take upto 7-10 months to invite for an
interview ? I have been lead to believe that this is also possible.

I would appreciate comments about this.

Thanks in advance.

David Cohen <[email protected]>
    >
[usenetquote2]> > Hi,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > I am presently in Nigeria and submitted my appli. for immigration in Aug2000[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > in Buffalo office. In Dec 2000 I got a letter along with the medical papers[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > and stating that I should be ready for an interview within 7 to 10 months for[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > which I would have to go to Detroit. Also the letter said that I should not[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > get my medical done. In July 2001 I got a letter from Buffalo stating that my[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > file has been transferred to Detroit and mmy next letter will let me know my[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > interview date.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Could someone pls. share their experience with me about the timelines for the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > interview and getting the visa. HOw much time it would take for me to get the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > interview letter and what happens after the interview.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> > Also because of business deals I need to go to Canada. Is it possible for me to[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > get a business/visitor visa for Canada even when I have applied for immigration.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >