Wikiposts

Timelines

Old Aug 23rd 2010, 1:47 am
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute
Default Timelines

Hi guys,

With regard to the number of months it takes to process an application and quoted times, are the times quoted based on 'n' number of months after:

a) receipt at Sydney
b) after receipt of AOR
or c) after you go 'in process' ?

By the way, I applied this year before the most recent changes.

Basically, my full application was dropped at London about 3 weeks ago and I'm trying to figure out roughly how long it'll take to get visas if I'm lucky enough to be granted them.

Thanks
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 5:41 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timelines

Hi

Originally Posted by rubberduckofdeath
Hi guys,

With regard to the number of months it takes to process an application and quoted times, are the times quoted based on 'n' number of months after:

a) receipt at Sydney
b) after receipt of AOR
or c) after you go 'in process' ?

By the way, I applied this year before the most recent changes.

Basically, my full application was dropped at London about 3 weeks ago and I'm trying to figure out roughly how long it'll take to get visas if I'm lucky enough to be granted them.

Thanks
Date full application received at the processing visa office for those applications prior to 26/06/10 After, who knows? As none have been processed as yet.
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 5:42 am
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PMM
Date full application received at the processing visa office for those applications prior to 26/06/10 After, who knows? As none have been processed as yet.
Thank you once again, PMM!
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 7:15 am
BE Enthusiast

stokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nice

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

Hi PMM - is the date received at CIO / 120 day letter stage irrelevant or is this time also factored into the order the applications are processed at London?

Thanks.
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 8:21 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by stokesey
Hi PMM - is the date received at CIO / 120 day letter stage irrelevant or is this time also factored into the order the applications are processed at London?

Thanks.
Irrelevant, as the Overseas office doesn't process anything until it receives your full application.
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 8:26 am
BE Enthusiast

stokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nice

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

Irrelevant, as the Overseas office doesn't process anything until it receives your full application.
PMM - Many thanks.
Old Aug 24th 2010, 12:05 am
Forum Regular

MegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hijack your thread rubberduckofdeath but you said you dropped it at CHC London, did you have to go to the immigration and visa section or just the main reception? I ask because OH is dropping ours off tomorrow and the visa and immigration section says its only open between 8 and 11. If it can be dropped at main reception it would save getting to London too early with grumpy 10 year old lol.
Old Aug 24th 2010, 12:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by MegSnow
Sorry to hijack your thread rubberduckofdeath but you said you dropped it at CHC London, did you have to go to the immigration and visa section or just the main reception? I ask because OH is dropping ours off tomorrow and the visa and immigration section says its only open between 8 and 11. If it can be dropped at main reception it would save getting to London too early with grumpy 10 year old lol.
Hey, no worries. You need to drop it at the visa place:

38 Grosvenor Street London W1K 4AA

HTH!

So, guys if I get an AOR in the next couple of weeks, should I be looking at perhaps another 8 months until PR (assuming I'm successful) ?

Cheers!
Old Aug 24th 2010, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

MegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that. Application on way to London now with OH and surprisingly ungrumpy DS lol.
Ironically the one reference we were waiting for was scanned and e-mailed this morning - too late to put in the pack unfortunately. We had put a covering letter that it would follow but did send an unsigned copy for them to be going on with. With OH being in the Navy it has proved difficult to get references but he's managed 3 of them. This last one was coming from his old DO who is now based in NS with the Canadian forces so hopefully London will be understanding and accept what we've sent. Once we get AOR we can forward this other one onto them.
Yet more waiting, oh well gives me time for the diet before medicals although we're off to France on Friday so lots of wine and bread.
Good luck

Meg
Old Aug 25th 2010, 3:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Good stuff! Good luck with the rest of your application

I'm now praying for AOR soon followed by a positive outcome... I'm hoping that we'll get PR and be able to get out to Calgary in June/July of next year.