Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Aug 2nd 2016, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

llysmabley is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Originally Posted by llysmabley
Does any one know if the photos for permanent residence and passport photos are the same or have they been changed within the last 6 months?
Sorry I should have said size of photos.
Old Aug 2nd 2016, 12:45 pm
Just Joined

tommy85 has a reputation beyond reputetommy85 has a reputation beyond reputetommy85 has a reputation beyond reputetommy85 has a reputation beyond reputetommy85 has a reputation beyond reputetommy85 has a reputation beyond reputetommy85 has a reputation beyond reputetommy85 has a reputation beyond reputetommy85 has a reputation beyond reputetommy85 has a reputation beyond reputetommy85 has a reputation beyond repute

PR photos are now 50mm x 70mm, with a chin to crown size of 31-36mm.
Old Aug 2nd 2016, 12:53 pm
Forum Regular

English Timbit is an unknown quantity at this point

Any news on your application Tommy85? Creg? We sent a case specific enquiry and an email asking about our 'In Progress' sponsor, and also medical validity, and still no communication back.
Old Aug 2nd 2016, 12:58 pm
Just Joined

tommy85 has a reputation beyond reputetommy85 has a reputation beyond reputetommy85 has a reputation beyond reputetommy85 has a reputation beyond reputetommy85 has a reputation beyond reputetommy85 has a reputation beyond reputetommy85 has a reputation beyond reputetommy85 has a reputation beyond reputetommy85 has a reputation beyond reputetommy85 has a reputation beyond reputetommy85 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by English Timbit
Any news on your application Tommy85? Creg? We sent a case specific enquiry and an email asking about our 'In Progress' sponsor, and also medical validity, and still no communication back.
I got an email of Thursday (28th) asking for me RPRF and passport photos. I've sent them off today, so fingers cross I get my visa soon!

I'd included a photocopy of my passport bio page with the original application, so I assume that's why they never request it.
Old Aug 2nd 2016, 1:16 pm
Forum Regular

CReg91 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by English Timbit
Nothing on my end yet. I sent a message via the 'technical queries' button to let them know that my SA stage still shows as 'in progress' (in the hopes of rousing them somehow). Will send a CSE this week too to change address as we're moving to Toronto on August 30th regardless.

Judging by the fact that London has processed 5 applications a month for the past 4 months, I'm hoping ours will come through before we leave!
Old Aug 3rd 2016, 1:39 pm
Just Joined

rtoddpm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

So I just received this email with attachment:

"This letter is to inform you that your Permanent Resident (PR) Card cannot be issued without a compliant/acceptable photo.

The photograph provided does not meet the required specifications. It is therefore impossible to produce the card until you provide the following:

You must send:

Two (2) new photos

Your photos must meet the specifications set out in the attached document.

If we do not receive the requested information within 60 days of the date above, your application for a permanent resident card will be considered abandoned."

Has anyone else received this?

I'm also assuming (risky I know) that this is in reference to my card only, as I have already landed and activated my PR (and got my SIN).

Not that I'm not planning on sending the pics, but just inquiring.
Old Aug 3rd 2016, 1:43 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rtoddpm
So I just received this email with attachment:

"This letter is to inform you that your Permanent Resident (PR) Card cannot be issued without a compliant/acceptable photo.

The photograph provided does not meet the required specifications. It is therefore impossible to produce the card until you provide the following:

You must send:

Two (2) new photos

Your photos must meet the specifications set out in the attached document.

If we do not receive the requested information within 60 days of the date above, your application for a permanent resident card will be considered abandoned."

Has anyone else received this?

I'm also assuming (risky I know) that this is in reference to my card only, as I have already landed and activated my PR (and got my SIN).

Not that I'm not planning on sending the pics, but just inquiring.
Yes, it's just in relation to the card. My husband got the same letter back in 2013. We were pretty sure we'd sent the correct photos, but who knows. We think in his case they may have been too old. Meh! It's not a big deal at all, just send the new photos and don't worry about it, just means your card will be slightly later in arriving.

Hope that helps!
Old Aug 3rd 2016, 1:45 pm
Just Joined

rtoddpm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Yes, it's just in relation to the card. My husband got the same letter back in 2013. We were pretty sure we'd sent the correct photos, but who knows. We think in his case they may have been too old. Meh! It's not a big deal at all, just send the new photos and don't worry about it, just means your card will be slightly later in arriving.

Hope that helps!
That's what I thought, thanks.

One of the criteria on the document is that the photos needed to be fewer than 6 months old, so it could just be that.

Thanks again.
Old Aug 3rd 2016, 1:54 pm
Forum Regular

English Timbit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CReg91
Nothing on my end yet. I sent a message via the 'technical queries' button to let them know that my SA stage still shows as 'in progress' (in the hopes of rousing them somehow). Will send a CSE this week too to change address as we're moving to Toronto on August 30th regardless.

Judging by the fact that London has processed 5 applications a month for the past 4 months, I'm hoping ours will come through before we leave!

This is pretty much identical to what we are doing, and what we have sent. No word back yet though!

Well, fingers crossed!
Old Aug 3rd 2016, 2:49 pm
Forum Regular

Three months after Decision Made, and sending two sets of photos (as they could not locate the first set), yesterday I received an email informing me that the photos I sent were 'too small'. How that can be I don't know as the company who took the photos has a camera with all the necessary lines and the pictures were properly taken. However, I sent another set yesterday by 'Priority Mail - $80! Already sent $100 to extend visitor's visa. This morning I received another email requesting a copy of my passport - 'a scan will do'! I sent a copy with the original application in August last year and the passport has not been changed! Why couldn't they have sent that yesterday with the request for photos as I could have included it in the priority package.
Old Aug 3rd 2016, 2:53 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Wow that is frustrating! Question, though, did you bring the photo spec sheet with you to the photographers? CIC is incredibly specific about photo sizes, and the photos you need for immigration are often different...

Glad you have the scan sorted, though!

Fingers crossed this is the last step!
Old Aug 3rd 2016, 2:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Wow that is frustrating! Question, though, did you bring the photo spec sheet with you to the photographers? CIC is incredibly specific about photo sizes, and the photos you need for immigration are often different...

Glad you have the scan sorted, though!

Fingers crossed this is the last step!
Yes. Not only that, they have the sizes on their posters as they do all sizes - top ones being Passport and PERMANENT RESIDENCE - which are the same size.
Old Aug 3rd 2016, 3:01 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by llysmabley
Yes. Not only that, they have the sizes on their posters as they do all sizes - top ones being Passport and PERMANENT RESIDENCE - which are the same size.
Heh. Interesting. I only mention it because we had this issue when we went to Snappy Snaps. We said that we needed photos for a Canadian PR application, and all they heard was "Canadian visa" or something like that so they just defaulted to what they were expecting and didn't actually check the spec sheet. They took my husband's photos and printed them, and we actually asked for a ruler to measure them as we were pretty sure they weren't right... and they were indeed wrong. The photographer was NOT happy, lol. So we had the photos retaken right there, much to their chagrin, but we got it right on the second attempt.

BTW, the photo specs changed about six months ago... I wonder if the photographer is aware of the change.
Old Aug 3rd 2016, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

If Walmart and Shoppers Drug Mart are producing photos of the wrong size, then they need to be informed of the situation. We certainly checked the size with both metric and a linear rule and they seemed OK but obviously not to Canada Immigration Services. This will need to be taken further at a later date.

On all three occasions we took the CIC photo requirements with us and made sure the photos were the correct format and size. To say the photos were " TOO SMALL " seems very odd. I bet when we ask for the unused photos to be returned, they will have been lost or destroyed.
As to the Passport request today, London already has a copy of my passport in my original submission. Also, why ask for photos and passport on two different days. I wonder what their next request will be. I notice that passport requests are not normally made unless the passport has expired and been renewed.

As they have not replied to ANY of my emails over the last 3 months and will not respond to Case Specific enquiries until 14 months have elapsed,I am at a loss to know what to do. MP could get no further than the ECAS details and the Information lines just cut you off after going through all the choices.
Old Aug 3rd 2016, 3:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

You have to be really careful and take the current spec with you. There are far too many instances reported on BE and also that I have seen recently where photographers think they know better then either you or CIC and produce the wrong size. Take the spec with you and ensure the photos meet it before you leave the studio.

S

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.