Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Jul 7th 2016, 6:13 pm
Forum Regular

HighCeiling is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Update to the spreadsheet

AOR. 7th July 2016 (the email says they received the application 20th June 2016.). So I have a UCI number and an Application Number. I am unable to check the application status, as I assume it isn't being processed yet, plus the website says it updates every Tuesday.

Last edited by HighCeiling; Jul 7th 2016 at 6:25 pm.
Old Jul 8th 2016, 3:58 am
Just Joined

stupid_old_fart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Don't know if anyone is interested..Inland info

We are beginning to see the backlog program in action on my other forums Inland thread, some March 2016 Inland applications are starting to receive SA (3 months processing down from 15 months).
Old Jul 8th 2016, 12:53 pm
Just Joined

natcat7000 is an unknown quantity at this point

A bit more info to add to the spreadsheet please and thank you:

We received sponsorship approval on 7 July 2016. I can now find us on their system which is nice. We have been sent to London for PR processing (bit of a longer wait for us then I guess).
Old Jul 8th 2016, 3:47 pm
Just Joined

TC8474 is an unknown quantity at this point

Email received yesterday entitled "ready for visa"! We're over the moon!

Thank you to everyone on this forum for their help and to Schnook in particular for getting us to this point.

� ����
Old Jul 11th 2016, 3:13 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Originally Posted by TC8474
Schnookloly,

Thanks for this. I'll drop them an email today.

As of today ecas is now showing our permanent residence application status as "decision made"! Bizarrely our sponsorship application status is still shown as "in process".

Hopefully this is good news as I can't see why they would request a statutory declaration of common law Union only to immediately reject our application as soon as we provide it! Especially given that we ticked virtually all of the boxes in the declaration (i.e. joint rental agreement, other property owned jointly, shared accounts + life insurance).

Very excited but still slightly apprehensive!

T
Originally Posted by TC8474
Email received yesterday entitled "ready for visa"! We're over the moon!

Thank you to everyone on this forum for their help and to Schnook in particular for getting us to this point.

� ����
Yay, glad it's all sorted out! I've just guessed at dates on your line on the spreadsheet, and I am assuming it's gone to Ottawa given your processing time. Keep an eye out for the COPR now and read the wiki article on landing! Congrats!

Originally Posted by HighCeiling
Update to the spreadsheet

AOR. 7th July 2016 (the email says they received the application 20th June 2016.). So I have a UCI number and an Application Number. I am unable to check the application status, as I assume it isn't being processed yet, plus the website says it updates every Tuesday.
Does the website actually say it updates on Tuesdays? That said the Tuesday thing generalyl is a farce I find, people have had updates all days of the week including Saturdays. So don't put too much weight on that.

Originally Posted by natcat7000
A bit more info to add to the spreadsheet please and thank you:

We received sponsorship approval on 7 July 2016. I can now find us on their system which is nice. We have been sent to London for PR processing (bit of a longer wait for us then I guess).
Bit longer but at least it's the next step in the process!

Everyone updated.

(Side note, I am back at work now from mat leave so actually can check on here a bit more regularly when I am procrastinating on things and be more available than I've been int he past!)
Old Jul 12th 2016, 4:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Just received an email from CIC Mississauga acknowledging receipt as at 23/6/2016.

At least I now have my UCI number, but doesn't yet seem to work - I assume I need to wait a couple of days to allow the case to start to be 'in process' or whatever.
Old Jul 12th 2016, 5:40 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Got it! The UCI might take a day or two. Also make sure you are selecting England or Scotland or whatever as your place of birth and NOT United Kingdom.
Old Jul 12th 2016, 6:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Got it! The UCI might take a day or two. Also make sure you are selecting England or Scotland or whatever as your place of birth and NOT United Kingdom.
OK - stooopid question then, WHO'S details should I be entering on the login screen, mine as sponsor (I assume so) or my wife's as Applicant (and yes, the Scotland thing applies to her)?
Old Jul 12th 2016, 6:11 pm
Concierge

Either.

The sponsor will be able to see both "halves" of the sponsorship process, the sponsor part and the PR part. The Applicant will only be able to see the second half.
Old Jul 12th 2016, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

Shoshannah has a reputation beyond reputeShoshannah has a reputation beyond reputeShoshannah has a reputation beyond reputeShoshannah has a reputation beyond reputeShoshannah has a reputation beyond reputeShoshannah has a reputation beyond reputeShoshannah has a reputation beyond reputeShoshannah has a reputation beyond reputeShoshannah has a reputation beyond reputeShoshannah has a reputation beyond reputeShoshannah has a reputation beyond repute

Hello All,

An update for the spreadsheet.

My documets arrived yesterday and I am now waiting for an appointment with the CIC to stamp them as I am not able to leave the country and re-enter. It's 6 weeks for them to call me with an appointment, but I think I'll be able to handle that after two years of waiting

I'll let you know how that goes.
Old Jul 12th 2016, 7:01 pm
Concierge

Awesome, huge congrats and glad it's finally over! Hopefully you hear back from them soon!
Old Jul 12th 2016, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

English Timbit is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello!

Can anyone guide me on some options? My other half has to head back to Canada on September 1st due to her UK visa expiring. We have called the UK Visa people and also the border control, and her entering again as a visitor is a bit of a grey area since she has been here on a 2 year working visa.

Our application was received back in November, and SA was given in January. Since then we have heard nothing back at all.

Does anyone have any advice on how we could do this without having to be apart for an extended period of time? Or is it just a case of sucking it up and waiting for DM?
Old Jul 12th 2016, 7:46 pm
Concierge

Honestly, no one can give you a guarantee one way or the other. If she tries to re-enter the UK, she'll have to show proof that she is only entering as a visitor. She can say that she was on a work visa but it's expired, she's applied for sponsorship for you in Canada (show proof), she's wanting to wait in the UK with you until you have approval and then oyu'll both be moving, she should show other ties to Canada as much as she can... all you can do is put together the best case you possibly can and see what happens.
Old Jul 12th 2016, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

English Timbit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Honestly, no one can give you a guarantee one way or the other. If she tries to re-enter the UK, she'll have to show proof that she is only entering as a visitor. She can say that she was on a work visa but it's expired, she's applied for sponsorship for you in Canada (show proof), she's wanting to wait in the UK with you until you have approval and then oyu'll both be moving, she should show other ties to Canada as much as she can... all you can do is put together the best case you possibly can and see what happens.
Thanks for the reply,

Is it much the same if I was to enter Canada as a visitor whilst waiting for approval?
Old Jul 12th 2016, 11:55 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by English Timbit
Thanks for the reply,

Is it much the same if I was to enter Canada as a visitor whilst waiting for approval?
Pretty much. It's a bit different in Canada particularly if you've already got an application filed with CIC, that's why it's called 'dual intent'... you clearly are intending to stay permanently, but you have taken legitimate and demonstrable steps to acquiring legal status in Canada. So CBSA will nearly always let in someone who has a PR application on file.

Whether the UK is okay with that or not is another story, though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.