Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Feb 18th 2016, 2:26 pm
Forum Regular

Crayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by Shirtback
This is not a problem in any which way, shape or form.
Thank you I was stressed out they will send me PR on maiden name or something and didn't knew what to do. Wanna just get the ball rolling!
Old Feb 18th 2016, 3:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Crayon
Thank you I was stressed out they will send me PR on maiden name or something and didn't knew what to do. Wanna just get the ball rolling!
Even if they do it's still not a problem. It's still *you*.
Old Feb 18th 2016, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

Crayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shirtback
Even if they do it's still not a problem. It's still *you*.
Even if I will have PR in maiden name and passport on married name? So I suppose just keeping marriage very handy is enough? X
Old Feb 18th 2016, 3:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Crayon
Even if I will have PR in maiden name and passport on married name? So I suppose just keeping marriage very handy is enough? X
Yes.
Old Feb 19th 2016, 2:37 am
Just Joined

Prosecco is an unknown quantity at this point

For the spreadsheet - spousal visa application received in Mississauga on Feb 18. We are married. If the location refers to the applicant, it's London, UK.
Old Feb 19th 2016, 8:48 am
Just Joined

danbsword is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Folks,

Just an update to the spreadsheet for my application.

A letter was received yesterday dated 8th February 2016 confirming sponsorship approval.
The case has been forwarded to the London office.

Cheers.
Old Feb 21st 2016, 3:06 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rtoddpm
Could you also add that I had my medicals done on August 15th
Originally Posted by Prosecco
For the spreadsheet - spousal visa application received in Mississauga on Feb 18. We are married. If the location refers to the applicant, it's London, UK.
Originally Posted by danbsword
Hi Folks,

Just an update to the spreadsheet for my application.

A letter was received yesterday dated 8th February 2016 confirming sponsorship approval.
The case has been forwarded to the London office.

Cheers.
All updated!! Sorry for the delay, I was on holiday and my two editors have been busy!!
Old Feb 21st 2016, 4:11 pm
Just Joined

danbsword is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
All updated!! Sorry for the delay, I was on holiday and my two editors have been busy!!
Not a problem...

Just pleased to have got this far... Now the long wait...!

Cheers

Dan
Old Feb 21st 2016, 5:30 pm
Just Joined

Prosecco is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Thanks SchnookoLoly.
Old Feb 23rd 2016, 12:30 am
Just Joined

dr_25 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello, I am a new member here, so i thought i will give you guys some information about my husband's application. Can someone add it to the spread sheet as well?

- Application received in Mississauga: 09/02/16
- They started processing his application on the 12/02/16
- They sent me a mail telling me that my application to sponsor my husband has been approved on the 18/02/16 and that they sent the application to london office on the same date
- Meds recieved

Also because i live in Quebec, so they told me to fill out the CSQ forms and send them to MICC. They need to recieve them tomorow. Does anybody know how much time does the MICC will take to take a descision? Also what happens if the MICC approve the application?
Old Feb 23rd 2016, 2:50 pm
Forum Regular

Shoshannah has a reputation beyond reputeShoshannah has a reputation beyond reputeShoshannah has a reputation beyond reputeShoshannah has a reputation beyond reputeShoshannah has a reputation beyond reputeShoshannah has a reputation beyond reputeShoshannah has a reputation beyond reputeShoshannah has a reputation beyond reputeShoshannah has a reputation beyond reputeShoshannah has a reputation beyond reputeShoshannah has a reputation beyond repute

Just an update on our situation. Since it's been over 20 months now, I contacted the CIC via the inquiry form and also tried to have our MP do the same. A note appeared on the on-line case history now:

4. We sent you correspondence on December 30, 2014. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

They received that document two weeks later and I have proof of that. I emailed the MP and forwarded them the email exchange I'd had with the CIC regarding that document (in March 2015 I was worried because nobody acknowledged having received the document and I sent an inquiry, to which they responded and said that they, indeed, received it and would contact me in due course).

I'm not sure if that note in my case history is their way of replying to my recent inquiry, because nobody bothered to contact me personally. This is so incredibly frustrating, it's hard to describe. They never even updated my address on-line, which I know they sometimes don't do, but now I'm paranoid that everything about my case is messed up.

So far the only thing I've heard from the MP is that my medicals have expired. That's not news to me, but I'm waiting for more information. I'm giving them until Friday. After that I'm going to the Minister.

Sorry about the rant. I just want this to be over.
Old Feb 23rd 2016, 3:06 pm
Forum Regular

Shoshannah has a reputation beyond reputeShoshannah has a reputation beyond reputeShoshannah has a reputation beyond reputeShoshannah has a reputation beyond reputeShoshannah has a reputation beyond reputeShoshannah has a reputation beyond reputeShoshannah has a reputation beyond reputeShoshannah has a reputation beyond reputeShoshannah has a reputation beyond reputeShoshannah has a reputation beyond reputeShoshannah has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shoshannah
Just an update on our situation. Since it's been over 20 months now, I contacted the CIC via the inquiry form and also tried to have our MP do the same. A note appeared on the on-line case history now:

4. We sent you correspondence on December 30, 2014. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

They received that document two weeks later and I have proof of that. I emailed the MP and forwarded them the email exchange I'd had with the CIC regarding that document (in March 2015 I was worried because nobody acknowledged having received the document and I sent an inquiry, to which they responded and said that they, indeed, received it and would contact me in due course).

I'm not sure if that note in my case history is their way of replying to my recent inquiry, because nobody bothered to contact me personally. This is so incredibly frustrating, it's hard to describe. They never even updated my address on-line, which I know they sometimes don't do, but now I'm paranoid that everything about my case is messed up.

So far the only thing I've heard from the MP is that my medicals have expired. That's not news to me, but I'm waiting for more information. I'm giving them until Friday. After that I'm going to the Minister.

Sorry about the rant. I just want this to be over.
Another update. I just got an email from the MP's office saying that :

"there is a notation on your file on February 19, 2016 that confirms all documents requested have been received. Currently your file is waiting for review. You will receive instructions from them by letter as to next steps.

In the meantime, we urge you to apply for an extension of your Visitor Visa."

How nice of the CIC to put a notation of a received document one year after it was received. But at least that's something positive I guess.
I really wanted to avoid having to extend my visitor visa, but I'll just have to get on it.
I keep getting this feeling that Canada doesn't want me and if it wasn't for my husband, I'd be going back to the UK.
But we're actually back on track, so hey, let's be optimistic!
Sorry, everyone.
Old Feb 23rd 2016, 3:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by dr_25
Hello, I am a new member here, so i thought i will give you guys some information about my husband's application. Can someone add it to the spread sheet as well?

- Application received in Mississauga: 09/02/16
- They started processing his application on the 12/02/16
- They sent me a mail telling me that my application to sponsor my husband has been approved on the 18/02/16 and that they sent the application to london office on the same date
- Meds recieved

Also because i live in Quebec, so they told me to fill out the CSQ forms and send them to MICC. They need to recieve them tomorow. Does anybody know how much time does the MICC will take to take a descision? Also what happens if the MICC approve the application?
You need to complete the sponsorship undertaking for MICC, and enclose your spouse's application for a CSQ.
Immigration, Diversité et Inclusion Québec - Undertaking application

Once QC approves the application, they supposedly transmit approval automatically to CIC; HOWEVER, this process doesn't always work . So once you get approval & CSQ from Qc, it's a good idea to transmit a copy of each to CIC yourself.

Approximate processing times are posted on the Immigration QC website, but as it's down/up/wobbling all over the place at the moment, I can't give you a link, sorry .
Old Feb 23rd 2016, 3:38 pm
Just Joined

dr_25 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for your reply,

The office that is now processing the application is London, so do i need to send a copy of the papers to London or Mississauga? Also on what address should i transmit the documents?
Old Feb 23rd 2016, 4:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by dr_25
Thank you for your reply,

The office that is now processing the application is London, so do i need to send a copy of the papers to London or Mississauga? Also on what address should i transmit the documents?
Once you receive approval/CSQ from MICC, use the CSE route to send copies to CIC.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.