Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Mar 5th 2011, 5:03 pm
Forum Regular

Mdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really nice
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by Cowgirl
But maybe it's just showing that because they've only just got around to changing it now? They're not at all reliable, as we all know. I would go by your email correspondences more than ecas.
good old eCAS.. mine says 'Complete' today. On Thursday it said 'decision made' , on Tuesday it said 'In Process'.

no sign of a PPR email or letter yet but it must be on its way. hurrah!

what a roller coaster of a week though...! at the start of the week when my consultant told me that he had not sent all the docs i thought i was going to be delayed by another few months . During the week i found out that the document in question was a Canadian police certificate which you all know is not required for an outland spousal sponsorship application. so i figured it wasnt as bad as i first thought, now its sooooo close to being finished.!
Old Mar 6th 2011, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

Mrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mdunny
good old eCAS.. mine says 'Complete' today. On Thursday it said 'decision made' , on Tuesday it said 'In Process'.

no sign of a PPR email or letter yet but it must be on its way. hurrah!

what a roller coaster of a week though...! at the start of the week when my consultant told me that he had not sent all the docs i thought i was going to be delayed by another few months . During the week i found out that the document in question was a Canadian police certificate which you all know is not required for an outland spousal sponsorship application. so i figured it wasnt as bad as i first thought, now its sooooo close to being finished.!
We had something similar - went to decision made, but no email or letter. We emailed them just asking if a letter had been sent and we'd not got it. Never got a reply to the email, but got the PPR email 2 days later.
Old Mar 6th 2011, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

VW092906 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by caleo
I certainly hope so - My Ecas changed again today - now medical results received has disappeared - oh my, not good for my blood pressure!!!
Our medical results have also disappeared on our ecas
I cant remember if anyone has come up with a theory on this one? its so stressful! Im hoping its just random

any news Caleo?
Old Mar 6th 2011, 7:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by VW092906
Our medical results have also disappeared on our ecas
I cant remember if anyone has come up with a theory on this one? its so stressful! Im hoping its just random

any news Caleo?
Our medicals status has changed several times in the past few months, so I am trying not to be alarmed. I am just hoping that they are busy looking for my stray results so I don't have to go through it all again!

how does it feel to be home? Hope all is okay there for you!
Old Mar 7th 2011, 1:29 am
Forum Regular

VW092906 is on a distinguished road

Our medicals status has changed several times in the past few months, so I am trying not to be alarmed. I am just hoping that they are busy looking for my stray results so I don't have to go through it all again!

how does it feel to be home? Hope all is okay there for you!
home is good thanks. a ton of snow today! I dont remember ever having such bad jet lag coming this direction but Im sure its just all the stress and entire situation that has added to it.

I read somewhere that moving house is one of the most stressful times in a persons life lol, so this application process, having to leave my job, my mom being so sick, having to move ahead without my hubby, flying alone with an 18 month old baby, etc etc... well Im sure my blood pressure has been better. lol BUT being back home is good. just waiting for my good stuff to start. I could really use some luck.

my fingers are crossed for all of us on here
Old Mar 7th 2011, 7:57 am
Forum Regular

Mdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really nice
Smile re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Yes! got my PPR letter! , it came in the post and not via email. Was sent on the 28th February and arrived on Friday.

This has absolutely made my day.. I have 3 weeks left of work in Dublin and I will be back to Toronto for spring. Will send the passport off this week as I need it in April and then im intending on landing in Toronto after Easter towards the end of the month.

thanks everyone for all the information during the past number of months. there really is so much knowledge on this website. So much that it put my immigration consultant to shame! suppose, i better call him now and tell him he can close my file.
Old Mar 7th 2011, 9:47 am
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

MDunny - really pleased for you! Hopefully now they have finished with yours they can do some more work on mine??? Here is hoping it all goes well, and you meet your sprintime deadline!

Valentina - I can't even begin to imagine all the emotions you must be going through - but I can well imagine the stress! all goes well and you hear something soon!
Old Mar 7th 2011, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

MDunny - really pleased for you! Hopefully now they have finished with yours they can do some more work on mine??? Here is hoping it all goes well, and you meet your sprintime deadline!

Valentina - I can't even begin to imagine all the emotions you must be going through - but I can well imagine the stress! all goes well and you hear something soon!
thanks Caleo... i hope they are working on yours and you hear something soon.

does anyone know what the photos we send with the passports are for? are they for the visa being put into the passport or for the PR card?
Old Mar 7th 2011, 7:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

thanks Caleo... i hope they are working on yours and you hear something soon.

does anyone know what the photos we send with the passports are for? are they for the visa being put into the passport or for the PR card?

Aaaaah, I did not realise we had to send more photos - hopefully they are for the PR cards, because that has been my next worry that the pics we sent were not good enough for our PR cards and then we get called back to canada to retake them! I am sure by now you have realised that things never seem to run smoothly for me!!

Did they send you specs for the photos? Are they different to the ones you already sent?

My husbands UK visa has his photo on it in his passport, so maybe it is the same for the Canadian ones?
Old Mar 7th 2011, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

Aaaaah, I did not realise we had to send more photos - hopefully they are for the PR cards, because that has been my next worry that the pics we sent were not good enough for our PR cards and then we get called back to canada to retake them! I am sure by now you have realised that things never seem to run smoothly for me!!

Did they send you specs for the photos? Are they different to the ones you already sent?

My husbands UK visa has his photo on it in his passport, so maybe it is the same for the Canadian ones?
the specs are the same as the immigration ones - i think i sent 8 of them in October! wonder what they used them for?!
Old Mar 7th 2011, 7:43 pm
Forum Regular

Mrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really nice

the specs are the same as the immigration ones - i think i sent 8 of them in October! wonder what they used them for?!
I thought the specs were similar but not quite the same. that said, the photos we had taken for immigration will fit the specs so should be fine.

I think they put one photo on the visa and the other goes for the PR card ...if I remember right.
Old Mar 7th 2011, 7:44 pm
Just Joined

androb is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Mdunny,
Congratulations........ My wife and I am very pleased for you. Have a wonderful life in Canada. We are desperate to get back to the Toronto area. Wish us luck in receiving our medical request from London soon. We are getting fed up with the rain in Wales.

Kind regards,
Rob.
Old Mar 7th 2011, 7:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Maybe they use them for wall paper? When they sent the request for our RPRF and our medicals - the medical forms had pics on them, so they can't need all 8 photos in a "normal" application.
Old Mar 7th 2011, 7:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mrs-G
I thought the specs were similar but not quite the same. that said, the photos we had taken for immigration will fit the specs so should be fine.

I think they put one photo on the visa and the other goes for the PR card ...if I remember right.
Do you know what the specs are? I might go and get our pics done while waiting for them to find our medicals
Old Mar 7th 2011, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

Do you know what the specs are? I might go and get our pics done while waiting for them to find our medicals
not a bad plan...

Copied directly from the email. Very similar to the immigration - think there was just a slight size difference in the chin to crown length, but it actually gave you more room, so the small immigration size might still fit? (sorry, couldn't get the wee diagram to copy):

NOTES TO THE APPLICANT
• 2 recent pictures are required for each person;
• write your file number and the name of each
person on the back of their photo;
• the photographs must not be damaged or
blemished.
Immigration
photographs are
NOT the same as
passport
photographs; they
must meet the
specifications in the
diagram below.
NOTES TO THE PHOTOGRAPHER
The photographs must:
• show a full front view of the person’s head
and shoulders, showing full face centred in
the middle of the photograph;
• have a plain white background;
• be identical (black and white or colour)
produced from the same untouched
negative, or exposed simultaneously by a
split-image or multi-lens camera;
• be produced on single weight matte paper;
• measure between 25mm and 35mm (1"
and 1 3/8") from chin to crown (see
diagram);
• have a finished size of 35mm x 45mm
(1 3/8" and 1 3/4").
Section 2 - Updated Information Chart

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.