Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Sep 4th 2015, 2:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

andrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Decisive moment: spreadsheet updated.

kazana18: spreadsheet updated. I mentioned in a post a few pages back that London seems to backdating applicant's in process date to when they received the application from Mississauga, however I have been entering the in process date as the date it is noticed in ECAS otherwise it would seem applications are in process for a year which is not the case.
Old Sep 4th 2015, 4:29 pm
Just Joined

tatters86 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm still eagerly waiting for my PR which l am hoping wont be much longer since going into process on 14th August. But today l received a email from CIC saying l have been accepted on the IEC 2015 quota that l entered earlier in the year and requesting payment which is a bit bloody late. I do have a job waiting for me which l am meant to start in October depending on me getting PR.

Is it worth me going ahead with a IEC application which could take months or just sit out and await my PR?
Old Sep 4th 2015, 5:07 pm
Forum Regular

Bromelia is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, that is not too bad then. Just hope they deem my app as "normal". Should do.
Old Sep 4th 2015, 5:56 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tatters86
I'm still eagerly waiting for my PR which l am hoping wont be much longer since going into process on 14th August. But today l received a email from CIC saying l have been accepted on the IEC 2015 quota that l entered earlier in the year and requesting payment which is a bit bloody late. I do have a job waiting for me which l am meant to start in October depending on me getting PR.

Is it worth me going ahead with a IEC application which could take months or just sit out and await my PR?
According to CIC it's about 6 weeks: Processing times for International Experience Canada

At least you would know you could start the job sometime in late October, regardless of whether your PR comes through or not.

Old Sep 4th 2015, 6:09 pm
BE addict

Princesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tatters86

I'm with Siouxie, I went in process on 8th July, I am now showing decision made but I still don't have COPR in hand, so if your job offer is dependant on your PR you may be pushing it for October. It sucks paying out more money, but at least you know you will be able to start working :-)
Old Sep 4th 2015, 7:30 pm
Just Joined

tatters86 is an unknown quantity at this point

I guess its cheap insurance even if l am lucky enough to get my PR before then, I Have made payment and started the process .

Thanks
Old Sep 5th 2015, 2:57 am
Forum Regular

Location: Edinburgh - to Calgary (didn't work out) - Now Vancouver
JJHJ is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=chrisco87;11740443]
Originally Posted by JJHJ
Hi All,

Just to update our situation, we arrived in Calgary July 15, my wife under dual intent. We had no problems with immigration upon arrival and the officer gave her a one year visa, more than we'd asked for.

I have a quick question, my wife is going to Brazil to visit her family for a month as she has little to do while waiting for residency. Is there likely to be any issue of her leaving the country and returning? I can't see why, but I've heard some strange tales of others encountering problems. I'll make sure she also carries the sponsor approval letter so she can brandish that upon her return. It does say on her visa it 'doesn't authorize re-entry' but I'm not sure what to make of that.

Hi,

My husband and I have left the country and came back 3 times since he has arrived to Montreal with dual intent. It has never been a major issue, however, some immigration agents could be a bit more strict than others. I would recommend not only bringing the approval letter, but also evidence of sufficient money for her stay and of what she plans to do as she can't work. Maybe they're not gonna ask any question, as it hppens, but it's better to be well prepared, just in case. Also, make sure that when she comes back, on the immigration declaration paper (on which you declare alcohol or goods you bring in the country) that she does not write your Canadian address on it, but that she writes her British one (even though it's her parents' one or something). Because she is still only a tourist in Canada, and therefore, her residence address can't be in Canada. My husband once wrote the Montreal address on this paper, and they put some note in his file, and now everytime we come back to Canada, they ask plenty of questions.
Thanks Chrisco87 & Princesstigger for the replies. They are much appreciated.
Old Sep 5th 2015, 10:28 pm
Just Joined

kazana18 is an unknown quantity at this point

Update for spreadsheet: Phone call from the High Commission in London on Sept 4, 2015 advising the COPR was being issued, and it arrived in the mail the next morning!
ECAS still shows in process.
Old Sep 5th 2015, 10:36 pm
BE addict

Princesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kazana18
Update for spreadsheet: Phone call from the High Commission in London on Sept 4, 2015 advising the COPR was being issued, and it arrived in the mail the next morning!
ECAS still shows in process.
Wow congrats!!!!
Old Sep 6th 2015, 2:24 am
Forum Regular

jk94441 has a reputation beyond reputejk94441 has a reputation beyond reputejk94441 has a reputation beyond reputejk94441 has a reputation beyond reputejk94441 has a reputation beyond reputejk94441 has a reputation beyond reputejk94441 has a reputation beyond reputejk94441 has a reputation beyond reputejk94441 has a reputation beyond reputejk94441 has a reputation beyond reputejk94441 has a reputation beyond repute

Just an update that I received my PR card in the mail. Took approx. 90 days.
Old Sep 6th 2015, 2:29 pm
Just Joined

shooey is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

Just checked ECAS and it seems my Permanent Residence application went into processing May 6th 2015 and it's now Decision Made....hopefully a good one!!!
Old Sep 6th 2015, 4:38 pm
BE addict

Originally Posted by shooey
Hi All,

Just checked ECAS and it seems my Permanent Residence application went into processing May 6th 2015 and it's now Decision Made....hopefully a good one!!!
Many congratulations!
Old Sep 7th 2015, 8:52 am
Just Joined

mhamudx is an unknown quantity at this point

My ECAS status changed to "in process"😎😎😎
Old Sep 7th 2015, 12:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

andrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond repute

kazana18 and shooey: Spreadsheet updated.

mhamudx: I have previously asked you for your full details so I can add you to the spreadsheet. Please provide the following:

-Date application received in Mississauga
-Whether you applied as Married or Common-Law
-Date of sponsor approval
-Which office is processing Phase 2 of your application (will say on your sponsor approval letter/email)
-Date(s) of any other requests you've had
-Whether or not the principal applicant is non-visa exempt
-Current location of the principal applicant- closest major city is fine if you don't want to be too specific!
Old Sep 7th 2015, 12:14 pm
Just Joined

mhamudx is an unknown quantity at this point

-Date application received in Mississauga : 23 October 2014
-Whether you applied as Married or Common-Law : married
-Date of sponsor approval : 27th January 2015
-Which office is processing Phase 2 of your application (will say on your sponsor approval letter/email) : London
-Date(s) of any other requests you've had : I have had a request for re-medical on 3/09/15
-Whether or not the principal applicant is non-visa exempt : non visa exempt
-Current location of the principal applicant- closest major city is fine if you don't want to be too specific! : moved to bangladesh from uk on 6 th July 2015

Thanks 😃😃😃😃

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.