Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Jul 3rd 2015, 6:09 pm
July 2014

debhinds has a brilliant futuredebhinds has a brilliant futuredebhinds has a brilliant futuredebhinds has a brilliant futuredebhinds has a brilliant futuredebhinds has a brilliant future
Smile re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Got COPR in mail today,off to Port Huron on Tues to activate
Old Jul 3rd 2015, 6:12 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by debhinds
Excellent, good luck! Make sure you review the landing wiki articles just to make sure you are all sorted!

All updated, all the best!
Old Jul 3rd 2015, 6:25 pm
July 2014

debhinds has a brilliant futuredebhinds has a brilliant futuredebhinds has a brilliant futuredebhinds has a brilliant futuredebhinds has a brilliant futuredebhinds has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Excellent, good luck! Make sure you review the landing wiki articles just to make sure you are all sorted!

All updated, all the best!

Thank you Mrs S,The advice given on this forum was a life saver.Fingers crossed to all those waiting in May,June and July still.Will now read up on the Wiki landing info.
Old Jul 3rd 2015, 9:29 pm
BE addict

Princesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by debhinds
That's great! Glad you didn't have to wait too long
Old Jul 3rd 2015, 11:21 pm
Just Joined

aknuge85 has a reputation beyond reputeaknuge85 has a reputation beyond reputeaknuge85 has a reputation beyond reputeaknuge85 has a reputation beyond reputeaknuge85 has a reputation beyond reputeaknuge85 has a reputation beyond reputeaknuge85 has a reputation beyond reputeaknuge85 has a reputation beyond reputeaknuge85 has a reputation beyond reputeaknuge85 has a reputation beyond reputeaknuge85 has a reputation beyond repute

After a few long feeling weeks of waiting, my COPR arrived today!
Immediately began laying plans for a sitter to make the trip to Carway only to realise that the address under Sponsor Information is incorrect. For some reason when I changed my address with them I had to do so twice, they've put the intermittent, and incorrect, one as my wifes address.
I'm fairly certain I'm right in saying I have to inform London so they can rectify the mistake before landing unless anyone in the know believes otherwise and the immigration officer at the border can do it?
Old Jul 4th 2015, 4:30 am
July 2014

Originally Posted by Princesstigger
That's great! Glad you didn't have to wait too long
Thanks princess,can't believe the waiting process is over.Hope you have some good news soon.
Old Jul 4th 2015, 10:44 am
Just Joined

Annemarie_Edinburgh is an unknown quantity at this point

COPR arrived this morning! (That's one thing I'll miss being back in Canada - mail on Saturdays!) Our updated photos etc arrived in London Tuesday and the letter is dated Thursday, so speedy turn-around! All that's left is the easy bit of planning a transatlantic move with a baby. Good luck to all those waiting.
Old Jul 5th 2015, 2:40 am
Just Joined

MrsKickasso has a reputation beyond reputeMrsKickasso has a reputation beyond reputeMrsKickasso has a reputation beyond reputeMrsKickasso has a reputation beyond reputeMrsKickasso has a reputation beyond reputeMrsKickasso has a reputation beyond reputeMrsKickasso has a reputation beyond reputeMrsKickasso has a reputation beyond reputeMrsKickasso has a reputation beyond reputeMrsKickasso has a reputation beyond reputeMrsKickasso has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Folks, just a quick update. Went to Niagara Falls this morning, walked across the Rainbow Bridge with all necessary paperwork (and un-necessary paperwork - you never know what you may be asked for!), flagpolled (US border chap was a bit grumpy to be working the 4th of July), walked back across the bride, "landed" got B4 stamped. Start to finish 2 hours. While I was waiting, I was talking to an Irish girl, she was telling me, the day before, a friend of hers waited 11 hrs to get all their paperwork organised. I'm so glad I went today and not yesterday! Monday morning will see me heading out to Service Canada to organise SIN and then Service Ontario to apply for OHIP.
Old Jul 6th 2015, 10:57 am
TRC
Forum Regular

TRC has a reputation beyond reputeTRC has a reputation beyond reputeTRC has a reputation beyond reputeTRC has a reputation beyond reputeTRC has a reputation beyond reputeTRC has a reputation beyond reputeTRC has a reputation beyond reputeTRC has a reputation beyond reputeTRC has a reputation beyond reputeTRC has a reputation beyond reputeTRC has a reputation beyond repute

Got an email back from them saying my application is in time with regular processing times. Still at Application Recieved as of 7th of August....
Old Jul 6th 2015, 11:36 am
BE Enthusiast

andrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TRC
Got an email back from them saying my application is in time with regular processing times. Still at Application Recieved as of 7th of August....
Did they say they are working on September applications?
Old Jul 6th 2015, 2:01 pm
TRC
Forum Regular

TRC has a reputation beyond reputeTRC has a reputation beyond reputeTRC has a reputation beyond reputeTRC has a reputation beyond reputeTRC has a reputation beyond reputeTRC has a reputation beyond reputeTRC has a reputation beyond reputeTRC has a reputation beyond reputeTRC has a reputation beyond reputeTRC has a reputation beyond reputeTRC has a reputation beyond repute

They basically just said that is is being process at a regular time, and they cannot say when it will be finalised. Sent 2 sentences back to me.
Old Jul 6th 2015, 2:31 pm
Just Joined

sam_1985 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by andrewbrit
Did they say they are working on September applications?
Based on the spreadsheet, it seems that TRC is being processed in Ottawa;

TRC: Did you e-mail London or Ottawa?

The responses from LVO are very inconsistent; on one hand they say that 28 months is not reflective of actual times because of the Pakistan backlogs etc.... And we are putting September applications into active processing then to some people they say that, oh! 28 months have not elapsed so sit tight and wait..... I am amazed at their incompetence!
Old Jul 6th 2015, 9:00 pm
Just Joined

bmank53 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey All,

My wife living in London is hoping to move over to Vancouver in late August. She's got a return ticket. I was wondering if it will be an issue for her to do that while the spousal sponsorship application is still in progress. I've read online about Dual Intent and was wondering if anyone here has had any experience with this and what they needed to provide the border services with when they moved.

My application was received by CIC in mid July so I'm hoping that we receive COPR before then but that might be a long shot.

Any info would be much appreciated.

BK
Old Jul 6th 2015, 9:29 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

If you read the wiki article on this site about dual intent it would have answered all your questions. have a solid radio of that article!
Old Jul 6th 2015, 9:57 pm
Just Joined

bmank53 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
If you read the wiki article on this site about dual intent it would have answered all your questions. have a solid radio of that article!
Thanks. Had read the wiki previously but completely skipped the "Threads where BE members have entered under dual intent" link.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.