Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Jun 15th 2015, 7:24 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by Divvym1
Thank you. Kitchener office will call within next 4 weeks to set up an appointment.
I can see a trip to niagara on the cards this week instead
Yeah probably easier to just make a run to the border, you aren't too far! Plus you can make a day of it if you do Niagara. Make sure you read the wiki articles about what you'll need for your landing! Best of luck!
Old Jun 15th 2015, 7:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Divvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Yeah probably easier to just make a run to the border, you aren't too far! Plus you can make a day of it if you do Niagara. Make sure you read the wiki articles about what you'll need for your landing! Best of luck!
will do Thanks as always Schnooks
Old Jun 16th 2015, 2:02 pm
mec
Forum Regular

mec will become famous soon enough

Of course... its the standard lines they pretty much have to say.

I'm sorry everyone is feeling discouraged on this thread right now. Don't know what else to say!
For those not following along on CV, there is movement from London at last. I received my Decision Made this morning in ECAS.

I hope the rest of you start to see progress soon.

For the record I was in 'Active Processing' for about 6 weeks, so the 8-12 months quoted above is nonsense
Old Jun 16th 2015, 2:09 pm
TRC
Forum Regular

TRC has a reputation beyond reputeTRC has a reputation beyond reputeTRC has a reputation beyond reputeTRC has a reputation beyond reputeTRC has a reputation beyond reputeTRC has a reputation beyond reputeTRC has a reputation beyond reputeTRC has a reputation beyond reputeTRC has a reputation beyond reputeTRC has a reputation beyond reputeTRC has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

I've noticed in the spreadsheet, that my application hasn't started being processed yet when people who have applied after me already have the COPR. I know it is dependent case to case, but some people who have had the same requests as myself, such as futher proof of intent to stay (march 13th) have been processed or even approved.

Can anyone advise?
Old Jun 16th 2015, 2:11 pm
BE addict

Princesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mec
For those not following along on CV, there is movement from London at last. I received my Decision Made this morning in ECAS.

For the record I was in 'Active Processing' for about 6 weeks, so the 8-12 months quoted above is nonsense
I've already congratulated you on CV... but
Old Jun 16th 2015, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

doctore is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mec

Yay!!! Congratulations!!! So happy for you!
Old Jun 16th 2015, 2:19 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mec

Andrew actually even texted me this morning to say "MEC GOT DM!" hahahaha. It's about friggin time! Lovely to see your line in green at least.

Originally Posted by TRC
Hi,

I've noticed in the spreadsheet, that my application hasn't started being processed yet when people who have applied after me already have the COPR. I know it is dependent case to case, but some people who have had the same requests as myself, such as futher proof of intent to stay (march 13th) have been processed or even approved.

Can anyone advise?
Have you tried emailing to see if there's any movement? Really it's anyone's guess. You could try ordering your notes. THere are some after you who already have COPR, but there are also some before you who have not.
Old Jun 16th 2015, 2:37 pm
TRC
Forum Regular

TRC has a reputation beyond reputeTRC has a reputation beyond reputeTRC has a reputation beyond reputeTRC has a reputation beyond reputeTRC has a reputation beyond reputeTRC has a reputation beyond reputeTRC has a reputation beyond reputeTRC has a reputation beyond reputeTRC has a reputation beyond reputeTRC has a reputation beyond reputeTRC has a reputation beyond repute

Andrew actually even texted me this morning to say "MEC GOT DM!" hahahaha. It's about friggin time! Lovely to see your line in green at least.

Have you tried emailing to see if there's any movement? Really it's anyone's guess. You could try ordering your notes. THere are some after you who already have COPR, but there are also some before you who have not.
OK thanks for the reply, I will try an email. What is the best email to send too? Or should I just call an office?
Old Jun 16th 2015, 2:42 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by TRC
OK thanks for the reply, I will try an email. What is the best email to send too? Or should I just call an office?
Contact info for Ottawa is in the FAQ.
Old Jun 16th 2015, 3:12 pm
Just Joined

Annemarie_Edinburgh is an unknown quantity at this point

An update for the spreadsheet: we got an e-mail requesting new photos and a copy of the passport yesterday (June 15).

A couple of questions that I don't see in the FAQ: I'm assuming "accompanying family members" doesn't include me and our daughter as we're Canadian. So only photos of my husband, the applicant are required?

The e-mail says that "family members who are entitled to Canadian citizenship must travel on their Canadian passports". Our infant daughter has a British passport and a certificate of Canadian citizenship. We weren't going to get her a Canadian passport just yet, mostly to avoid the hassle/cost of applying from the UK. Are they particularly picky about this Canadian passport thing?
Old Jun 16th 2015, 3:15 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Annemarie_Edinburgh
An update for the spreadsheet: we got an e-mail requesting new photos and a copy of the passport yesterday (June 15).

A couple of questions that I don't see in the FAQ: I'm assuming "accompanying family members" doesn't include me and our daughter as we're Canadian. So only photos of my husband, the applicant are required?
YOu are correct, only need photos for any non-Canucks.

The e-mail says that "family members who are entitled to Canadian citizenship must travel on their Canadian passports". Our infant daughter has a British passport and a certificate of Canadian citizenship. We weren't going to get her a Canadian passport just yet, mostly to avoid the hassle/cost of applying from the UK. Are they particularly picky about this Canadian passport thing?
Errrrr not sure on this one, you might want to do a search around for previous threads where people have travelled with children with only one passport but who are otherwise Canadian and have their citizenship certificates... I don't know all the detail around it!
Old Jun 16th 2015, 3:46 pm
July 2014

debhinds has a brilliant futuredebhinds has a brilliant futuredebhinds has a brilliant futuredebhinds has a brilliant futuredebhinds has a brilliant futuredebhinds has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by mec

CONGRATS MEC .....Truly happy for you and your family.
Old Jun 16th 2015, 7:57 pm
Just Joined

TomJoons is an unknown quantity at this point

Got the COPR!
And the validity date is into 2016, 1 year from the date of issue rather than 1 year from the date I took the medical exam :-)

In the final forms sent to London UK (after decision made but before COPR arrives) I included a letter requesting an extension along with proof of travel to Canada in August (more than a year after my medical) and a short explanation of my work commitments which this travel revolves around... so whether this generous expiry date is because of the letter or standard procedure, who knows.

Now we're onto the next set of hurdles, how to ship, tax, pensions etc... but I think these questions can wait until after a bottle of bubbly!

Thanks everyone for all the replies and help along the way!
Old Jun 16th 2015, 8:32 pm
Just Joined

rafi.london is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys, so we got an email from London Office stating:

'Dear Applicant,
We are writing with regards to your application for permanent residence in Canada.
As you are aware, visa validity is determined by medical validity, and for this application your medical results expired on 2015/05/08.
As a one-off procedure, in order for our medical officer to potentially reassess the current medical results and determine whether an extension of your medical validity is possible, please provide the following:
- countries visited/country of residence since the date of your original medical, including details of all/any business trips, holidays/vacations or stopovers of any duration.
- details of any illnesses, however minor or temporary, since the date of your original medical.
If the medical officer determines that an extension of your medical validity is not possible, repeat medical instructions will be sent.'

So basically, they are asking me for an undertaking for my husband's medical as his expired on May 8th 2015 and they want to extend it. But before they can actually extend it, they want us to acknowledge the above details. For the record, we haven't travelled anywhere and my husband has no illnesses whatsoever. It's a one-off, meaning this is the last information they require before my husband gets the COPR in the mail?? What exact documentation do they require? Schook and Andrewbrit, any advice will be greatly appreciated! I really hope this is the final check!
Old Jun 16th 2015, 9:49 pm
mec
Forum Regular

mec will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by rafi.london
Hi guys, so we got an email from London Office stating:

'Dear Applicant,
We are writing with regards to your application for permanent residence in Canada.
As you are aware, visa validity is determined by medical validity, and for this application your medical results expired on 2015/05/08.
As a one-off procedure, in order for our medical officer to potentially reassess the current medical results and determine whether an extension of your medical validity is possible, please provide the following:
- countries visited/country of residence since the date of your original medical, including details of all/any business trips, holidays/vacations or stopovers of any duration.
- details of any illnesses, however minor or temporary, since the date of your original medical.
If the medical officer determines that an extension of your medical validity is not possible, repeat medical instructions will be sent.'

So basically, they are asking me for an undertaking for my husband's medical as his expired on May 8th 2015 and they want to extend it. But before they can actually extend it, they want us to acknowledge the above details. For the record, we haven't travelled anywhere and my husband has no illnesses whatsoever. It's a one-off, meaning this is the last information they require before my husband gets the COPR in the mail?? What exact documentation do they require? Schook and Andrewbrit, any advice will be greatly appreciated! I really hope this is the final check!
doctore had the same request - posted a few pages back. I sounds to me like a simple email confirming your husband hasn't been ill or travelled should suffice.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.