Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Nov 25th 2010, 8:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by suze_h
I'm keeping fingers firmly crossed that the letter appears in the mail for you tomorrow!! It's ridiculous!
Thanks so much. I wish hubby wasn't so accepting of things - I would have pressed them for confirmation - especially as it is obvious that it was processed 2 weeks ago as our names have been there all that time!

Oh well, will wait and see what the postman brings tomorrow
Old Nov 25th 2010, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

Allie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=VW092906;9003955]Hi Allie, thanks for letting me know Im not the only one! I hope we get it back soon (its been 6 weeks since they received it). what did you do to get the Bankers draft back into your account? was it a hastle?
[QUOTE]

I'm not sure what you mean about getting the Bankers Draft into my account. We got the Bankers Draft from HSBC in the UK, sent it with the application and it was cashed by CIC. We would have paid online, but we were choosing London rather than Mississauga as the office to pay and it wouldn't let us, hence the bakers draft. It all worked out in the end though. My husband got his visa about a month ago, 3 months after Mississauga got our application. It was a lot quicker than I imagined it would be.
Hopefully you hear something soon.

Just a note, when London sent back our application, they sent it to the wrong address. It had the wrong house number on the envelope and it was sent to a neighbours house. If you don't get it back soon, it might be worth contacting them.
Old Nov 25th 2010, 10:23 pm
Account Closed

dtilley592 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by caleo
Thanks so much. I wish hubby wasn't so accepting of things - I would have pressed them for confirmation - especially as it is obvious that it was processed 2 weeks ago as our names have been there all that time!

Hi Caleo,

I sympathise with your frustration. My application got to them on the 19th October and I can't even get any information on Ecas, so I rang the call centre today (as I'm already in Canada) and they told me they were still doing applications from the 15th October, which made no sense as I have heard of people getting confirmation from apps received on the 22nd October. It's so frustrating.... I hope your letter arrives soon though
Old Nov 26th 2010, 7:08 am
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dtilley592
Hi Caleo,

I sympathise with your frustration. My application got to them on the 19th October and I can't even get any information on Ecas, so I rang the call centre today (as I'm already in Canada) and they told me they were still doing applications from the 15th October, which made no sense as I have heard of people getting confirmation from apps received on the 22nd October. It's so frustrating.... I hope your letter arrives soon though
That is the same that my hubby was told - but if our names etc are on ECAS, then they have to have processed it? Our names have been on there for 2 weeks! It also states that a letter was sent on the 10th! Surely they will only have our names if they have actually looked at the application?

It is very frustrating, because if the letter gets lost, you don't know what is going on, and they received ours BEFORE the 15th!

I am hoping for a result when the postie arrives today - but not holding my breath! Others over here seem to get their letters within a week. Hope you hear something soon too!
Old Nov 26th 2010, 8:20 am
Forum Regular

VW092906 is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=Allie73;9004279][QUOTE=VW092906;9003955]Hi Allie, thanks for letting me know Im not the only one! I hope we get it back soon (its been 6 weeks since they received it). what did you do to get the Bankers draft back into your account? was it a hastle?

I'm not sure what you mean about getting the Bankers Draft into my account. We got the Bankers Draft from HSBC in the UK, sent it with the application and it was cashed by CIC. We would have paid online, but we were choosing London rather than Mississauga as the office to pay and it wouldn't let us, hence the bakers draft.
Hi Allie, thanks for your reply, its nice to know someone else did the same but it still worked out for you!

about the bankers draft.... we did the same thing, tried to pay online, chose London, so we got the bankers draft... I was wondering , when the CIC sent the bankers draft back to you with your application, did you just bring it back to the original bank you bought it from and it was no problem getting the money back? I assume if I have to send all this to Mississauga I will have to pay online and chose Mississauga rather than London for our second go at this. the man from the canadian call centre said no way to a bankers draft.

hope that makes sense!

Valentina
Old Nov 26th 2010, 10:32 am
MUA
Forum Regular

MUA is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I tried for weeks to check on ECAS. I sent app to CIC-M on 23/06/10, they rec'd on 29/06/10 and I called them on 18-19/08/10, as I hadn't heard anything and was unable to find anything on ECAS too, the lady from CIC-M was very helpful and told me that the decision had been made and that I was approved as the sponsor and they had sent the application to London and a letter in the post was sent on the 13/08/10. Still waiting for the letter till this day and London office are still 'in process' of my hubby's application.

They seem to have a different approach for every application. They asked for additional info, which I gave them back on 29/09/10 and I still haven't heard anything back...waiting patiently.
Old Nov 26th 2010, 10:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MUA
Hi,

I tried for weeks to check on ECAS. I sent app to CIC-M on 23/06/10, they rec'd on 29/06/10 and I called them on 18-19/08/10, as I hadn't heard anything and was unable to find anything on ECAS too, the lady from CIC-M was very helpful and told me that the decision had been made and that I was approved as the sponsor and they had sent the application to London and a letter in the post was sent on the 13/08/10. Still waiting for the letter till this day and London office are still 'in process' of my hubby's application.

They seem to have a different approach for every application. They asked for additional info, which I gave them back on 29/09/10 and I still haven't heard anything back...waiting patiently.
Postie has been

Seems it depends on who you get to take your call! Did you call them from the UK or are you in Canada?

it is so frustrating - especially if you have to send further info - you won't know if it gets to them if they don't acknowledge. I hope you hear something soon.
Old Nov 26th 2010, 12:08 pm
Forum Regular

Postie has been

Seems it depends on who you get to take your call! Did you call them from the UK or are you in Canada?

it is so frustrating - especially if you have to send further info - you won't know if it gets to them if they don't acknowledge. I hope you hear something soon.
Hey Caleo... maybe try calling that number for the call centre that someone posted farther up this thread? I called last night and it worked... not that they said anything I wanted to hear, but like you said you have more specific questions you want to ask than what your husband did when he called. might be worth the try, or at least it will feel like your doing something. not knowing is a pain in the bum. hope you get some news soon.

Valentina
Old Nov 26th 2010, 1:02 pm
MUA
Forum Regular

Postie has been

Hi Caleo,

I made the call from UK, and she told me that our application had been sent to London and that they would not be able to help further. I have tried calling, but the nice operator told me that Immigration at London office do not receive calls from applicants. I faxed/emailed additional info and yes it would have been nice to receive an acknowledgement, but I don't want to send anymore email incase I annoy the IO!!!

Good luck though
Old Nov 26th 2010, 1:05 pm
MUA
Forum Regular

That is the same that my hubby was told - but if our names etc are on ECAS, then they have to have processed it? Our names have been on there for 2 weeks! It also states that a letter was sent on the 10th! Surely they will only have our names if they have actually looked at the application?

It is very frustrating, because if the letter gets lost, you don't know what is going on, and they received ours BEFORE the 15th!

I am hoping for a result when the postie arrives today - but not holding my breath! Others over here seem to get their letters within a week. Hope you hear something soon too!
The following number is what I called from the UK:

CIC-M 001-613-944-4000

for an agent: option 1,2,1,2,1.......then 0 to skip the message

Good luck
Old Nov 26th 2010, 4:17 pm
Forum Regular

Allie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=VW092906;9005037][QUOTE=Allie73;9004279]
Originally Posted by VW092906
Hi Allie, thanks for letting me know Im not the only one! I hope we get it back soon (its been 6 weeks since they received it). what did you do to get the Bankers draft back into your account? was it a hastle?

Hi Allie, thanks for your reply, its nice to know someone else did the same but it still worked out for you!

about the bankers draft.... we did the same thing, tried to pay online, chose London, so we got the bankers draft... I was wondering , when the CIC sent the bankers draft back to you with your application, did you just bring it back to the original bank you bought it from and it was no problem getting the money back? I assume if I have to send all this to Mississauga I will have to pay online and chose Mississauga rather than London for our second go at this. the man from the canadian call centre said no way to a bankers draft.

hope that makes sense!

Valentina
CIC didn't send back the bankers draft. The London office did. We sent to CIC Mississauga with our application and they cashed it. So you should get yours back from the London office when they send you back your application.
Old Nov 26th 2010, 5:03 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=Allie73;9005659][QUOTE=VW092906;9005037]
Originally Posted by Allie73

CIC didn't send back the bankers draft. The London office did. We sent to CIC Mississauga with our application and they cashed it. So you should get yours back from the London office when they send you back your application.

hey Allie, The guy from the CIC Call centre said that we couldnt send the bankers draft to Mississauga, that they wont accept it. he said we had to pay online with a credit card. maybe this is wrong? I will definately have to make sure Ive got all my ducks in a row before I don ANYTHING else... ever again. lol I just wonder if/when London sends this stuff back, if its possible to cash in the bankers draft at the bank since its not in our name. guess we will have to wait and see what happens.
Old Nov 26th 2010, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

How odd! We definitely paid with a bankers draft, in Canadian funds from HSBC in the UK, and had no issues. We got a letter saying I had been approved as the sponsor and that our payment had been received. Maybe he thought that since you were sending it from the UK, it would be in UK funds? I have no idea why else he would say that, unless the rules have changed since we applied in July. How frustrating for you in an already frustrating process. If you can't cash the bankers draft, I would investigate further. Does it still say on the CIC website that you can pay by bankers draft?
Old Nov 27th 2010, 11:19 pm
Just Joined

La_de_da_de_dum is just really niceLa_de_da_de_dum is just really niceLa_de_da_de_dum is just really niceLa_de_da_de_dum is just really niceLa_de_da_de_dum is just really niceLa_de_da_de_dum is just really niceLa_de_da_de_dum is just really niceLa_de_da_de_dum is just really nice

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to know if anyone has sent off their forms recently to Mississauga and received a reply back.

I sent off my forms on the 16th November which got there on 19th but no confirmation letter or email
I have looked at other peoples time lines and it seems that most people get an email confirming that they have received the forms within five days.

I don't know, am I being too eager?? I'm guessing its down to the nerves and hoping that I filled out the forms properly.

LA
Old Nov 28th 2010, 12:23 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by La_de_da_de_dum
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to know if anyone has sent off their forms recently to Mississauga and received a reply back.

I sent off my forms on the 16th November which got there on 19th but no confirmation letter or email
I have looked at other peoples time lines and it seems that most people get an email confirming that they have received the forms within five days.

I don't know, am I being too eager?? I'm guessing its down to the nerves and hoping that I filled out the forms properly.

LA
Much too eager. The processing time at Mississauga for spousal applications is 38 days.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.