Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Mar 4th 2010, 11:19 pm
Just Joined

thewolfman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by louiseeg
Looks like times are slowing down now, as they have gone from 38days processing to 64 days.

But them seem to have put up until 7th jan, when they had up until 26th jan before...very odd, i hope they have got all of that wrong.

Looks like it will take me a lot longer to reach my husband
Try not to get too down when looking at those timelines. From the information they hand out (or dont, in the case of ecas never seeming to be updated) I dont think they are a great indicator of how long it will take. You will be there before you know it, complaining about the cold and willing to offer your right arm for a Jaffa Cake or an oxo cube
Old Mar 5th 2010, 1:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

bewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by louiseeg
Looks like it will take me a lot longer to reach my husband
I assume your husband is already in Canada. You can always make a very-extended visit to Canada starting now. See http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?p=7819469
Old Mar 5th 2010, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

weaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really nice

Wow looks like plenty of people are getting passport requests!!!! Congratulations all

No change on my front. ECAS is still in Process. Nothing about medicals either, these were done way back in September on a visit to Edmonton.

I guess that my case is either stuck in a pile or they want to take extra time. Who knows. I am resigned to going back on a tourist VISA for a while and back to Britain if they do not allow this.

Kind of frustrating as we put so much into the application in the hope that we would get a fast turnaround. No use moaning though I will just have to paint the house or something.

My only real worry is that we have been emailed and this has been missed somehow. I thought that a letter was sent as well though?

If I sent a polite email asking if any further information is required would this be ok. I don't want to annoy anyone in London.

Anyway congratulations again to all those with Passport requests and decision made you all must but over the moon!

Cheers

Weaver
Old Mar 5th 2010, 6:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

bewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by weaver2008
My only real worry is that we have been emailed and this has been missed somehow. I thought that a letter was sent as well though?

If I sent a polite email asking if any further information is required would this be ok. I don't want to annoy anyone in London.
I doubt you have lost anything. But since they tend to be very uncommunicative it is hard to tell.

I would tend to find an excuse to contact them. For instance, your phone number has changed, or you got a new passport (a lot cheaper in the UK!), to send them the updated information and add an aside like "As far as I know there is no outstanding information you require at this point. Please contact me if there is anything additional you need"
Old Mar 5th 2010, 6:22 pm
Forum Regular

weaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really nice

That sounds like good advice, thanks. I am changing mobile number soon so I can maybe send that in.

When this is all over I will probably look back and laugh. Its hard as you build a working life and working relationships etc and then have to give it up.

Still as long as they say yes in the end I will be happy!
Old Mar 6th 2010, 11:45 am
Forum Regular

LandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant future

Hi, does anyone know when i should start chasing up London? sent 11th January and sponsorship approved 5th Feb. E-cas still says decision made and other than my partner getting a letter from cic saying hes approved for sponsorship.
Old Mar 6th 2010, 11:40 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by LandC
Hi, does anyone know when i should start chasing up London? sent 11th January and sponsorship approved 5th Feb. E-cas still says decision made and other than my partner getting a letter from cic saying hes approved for sponsorship.
Approved by Mississauga 5th of February/10? The London processing is 2-8 months for 80% of applications received. So you have a while yet.
Old Mar 7th 2010, 1:33 pm
Just Joined

MrsCrofts is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow looks like plenty of people are getting passport requests!!!! Congratulations all

No change on my front. ECAS is still in Process. Nothing about medicals either, these were done way back in September on a visit to Edmonton.

I guess that my case is either stuck in a pile or they want to take extra time. Who knows. I am resigned to going back on a tourist VISA for a while and back to Britain if they do not allow this.

Kind of frustrating as we put so much into the application in the hope that we would get a fast turnaround. No use moaning though I will just have to paint the house or something.

Anyway congratulations again to all those with Passport requests and decision made you all must but over the moon!

Cheers

Weaver
Hey Weaver.
Our documents are roughly on the same timeline as yours. Still no word yet from the office.
They said that a decision was made regarding my husband's PR on Jan 5th, but haven't heard a peep.
He wants to visit me in Canada, but I'm not sure if that's allowed.
I hate waiting.

MrsCrofts
Old Mar 8th 2010, 2:02 pm
Forum Regular

Hey,

Its been close to three months they have had the application for in London now (since December 16th) so I am hoping that I will get lucky and not too much longer.

One thought I just had. People are contacted by email when they get a passport request?

Would this be to my wifes email who is the sponsor or to my email which is on the PR application.

I am assuming that they would also send a written letter to confirm this?

I sent off an application to extend my current status in Canada as a tourist so need to wait for that to come through, fingers crossed.

Hope everyone else hears back soon as well!
Old Mar 8th 2010, 3:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MrsCrofts
They said that a decision was made regarding my husband's PR on Jan 5th, but haven't heard a peep.
He wants to visit me in Canada, but I'm not sure if that's allowed.
I assume you mean that a decision was made regarding your husband's sponsorship of your PR application.

It is NOT a problem to visit Canada while you have an outstanding PR application. It is called a "dual intent entry". See http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...2009/ob131.asp

If you want to MOVE to Canada while your PR application is being processed, see http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...69#post7819469
Old Mar 9th 2010, 10:01 am
Just Joined

Talking re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Hey,

Its been close to three months they have had the application for in London now (since December 16th) so I am hoping that I will get lucky and not too much longer.

One thought I just had. People are contacted by email when they get a passport request?

Would this be to my wifes email who is the sponsor or to my email which is on the PR application.

I am assuming that they would also send a written letter to confirm this?

I sent off an application to extend my current status in Canada as a tourist so need to wait for that to come through, fingers crossed.

Hope everyone else hears back soon as well!

WEAVER!!!
I wrote the office telling them that it has been 2 months since the 'decision made' status was on eCAS and they wrote back that an email was sent out on Jan 13th for my hubby to send in his passport.
Have your Mrs check her email. I'm guessing it's been ignored or she thought it was spam. I know my that's what my hubby thought.
I'm so happy now.
Old Mar 9th 2010, 1:52 pm
Forum Regular

Hey Mrs Crofts,

Congratulations! Great news

They would not be contacting my wife though it would be me as I am the person being sponsored.

It only says "decision made" for the sponsorship part and not for the permanent residence application.

Under permanent residence on ECAS is still says "In Process" for me.

I am assuming your ECAS said Decision made for both parts. Or did you still have in process for the PR part when you sent your email?

Thanks

Weaver
Old Mar 9th 2010, 3:00 pm
Just Joined

Hey Mrs Crofts,

Congratulations! Great news

They would not be contacting my wife though it would be me as I am the person being sponsored.

It only says "decision made" for the sponsorship part and not for the permanent residence application.

Under permanent residence on ECAS is still says "In Process" for me.

I am assuming your ECAS said Decision made for both parts. Or did you still have in process for the PR part when you sent your email?

Thanks

Weaver
Hi Weaver.

Yes, it said 'Decision Made' in the eCAS system for both parts.
Ah boo.. I thought that we were at the same step. I'm surprised it's taken so long. I'll say a prayer for you.

Mrs.Crofts
Old Mar 9th 2010, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks, could use the help
Old Mar 9th 2010, 5:41 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Stew681
Yesssss!

Just received my passport back after exactly 4 weeks from when London received it...
Just need to find out now if CIC can activate my status/visa or if I'll need to make a trip down to the border!

Happy I don't have to go another weekend thinking about the mail etc.
Hey mate.
I was wondering.. the email which requested you to send your passport down to London. What did they request specifically? I'm asking because I received an email saying that they sent the request on Jan 13th (which my hubby said he didnt get), and attached the email as evidence, but they didnt attach the email. I wrote back saying they didnt attach the email. But I haven't heard back yet.
I'm wondering if my hubby can just send his passport with his Case ID number or if there are other things which they need.

Any info is helpful.
Thanks,
MrsCrofts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.