Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Apr 19th 2013, 6:10 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Processing really seems to have speeded up of late.. I can't believe how fast you guys are getting your PR.

Old Apr 19th 2013, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

RoMo82 is an unknown quantity at this point

Im just glad its over, 6 months of doing nothing after coming out of the Army has been torment!!
Old Apr 19th 2013, 6:13 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RoMo82
Im just glad its over, 6 months of doing nothing after coming out of the Army has been torment!!
Try 5 years!

Old Apr 19th 2013, 6:25 pm
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by siouxie
Processing really seems to have speeded up of late.. I can't believe how fast you guys are getting your PR.

Compared to previous years they're still rather slow.
Old Apr 19th 2013, 6:58 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by orly
Compared to previous years they're still rather slow.
Evidence?
Old Apr 19th 2013, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

Try 5 years!

You've been waiting 5 years!!??

Or you've been doing nothing for 5 years
Old Apr 19th 2013, 7:03 pm
Banned

You've been waiting 5 years!!??

Or you've been doing nothing for 5 years
It took my son and I 5 years from the date of application to gaining PR - that is why I 'chuckle' to myself when I see people getting upset after waiting for a few months.

No offence meant.. I am really glad that you are getting your PR status quickly!

Old Apr 19th 2013, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

Ahhh, i see. Wow that is a long time, are you not going through a spousal application? How come its taken so long if you dont mind me asking.

The only reason i was getting so bent out of shape is because of the newborn, her arrival was a major spanner in our carefully laid plans but you've got to roll with the punches. If it was just me and the wife we would of happily stayed in the UK untill the whole thing was finished.

I'd be fuming at waiting 5 years though, i'd probably have told them to ram it!
Old Apr 19th 2013, 7:20 pm
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

Evidence?
The spreadsheet.

In 2010 the average person was done in barely 4 months start to finish.
In 2011 it was just short of 5 months
In 2012 (for visa exempt) it's just under 7 months.

Stage 2 alone in 2012 is taking longer than Stage 1 and 2 combined for 2010 applicants in most cases.

They need to "buck up" as my gran would say.
Old Apr 20th 2013, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

Origin is just really niceOrigin is just really niceOrigin is just really niceOrigin is just really niceOrigin is just really niceOrigin is just really niceOrigin is just really niceOrigin is just really niceOrigin is just really niceOrigin is just really niceOrigin is just really nice

Sponsor Approval received via Snail Mail today (Letter dated 15th April) Can someone update the sheet please
Thanks
Old Apr 20th 2013, 2:57 pm
Forum Regular

Origin is just really niceOrigin is just really niceOrigin is just really niceOrigin is just really niceOrigin is just really niceOrigin is just really niceOrigin is just really niceOrigin is just really niceOrigin is just really niceOrigin is just really niceOrigin is just really nice

Can't work out how to edit my post!
Just checked ECAS it shows they have recived my meds too.
Old Apr 20th 2013, 9:28 pm
Banned

Ahhh, i see. Wow that is a long time, are you not going through a spousal application? How come its taken so long if you dont mind me asking.

The only reason i was getting so bent out of shape is because of the newborn, her arrival was a major spanner in our carefully laid plans but you've got to roll with the punches. If it was just me and the wife we would of happily stayed in the UK untill the whole thing was finished.

I'd be fuming at waiting 5 years though, i'd probably have told them to ram it!
It was a spousal plus dependant application but done through 2 different CIC offices - mine was processed through Vegreville (and completed in 2 years) and my son (dependant) was processed through London - who took 5 years less a month to complete his. Long story but the essence was they lost his application (unknown to me at the time) and didn't start processing it until we were nearly at the 4 year mark. It took the Minister of Immigrations' office to sort it out. We have been PR's for 3 years now.

Old Apr 20th 2013, 10:38 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

It was a spousal plus dependant application but done through 2 different CIC offices - mine was processed through Vegreville (and completed in 2 years) and my son (dependant) was processed through London - who took 5 years less a month to complete his. Long story but the essence was they lost his application (unknown to me at the time) and didn't start processing it until we were nearly at the 4 year mark. It took the Minister of Immigrations' office to sort it out. We have been PR's for 3 years now.

Nightmare.
Old Apr 21st 2013, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

Reevokid has a brilliant futureReevokid has a brilliant futureReevokid has a brilliant futureReevokid has a brilliant futureReevokid has a brilliant futureReevokid has a brilliant future

Can anyone please tell me how long is the average wait for COPR to come in the post?
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 9:39 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Reevokid
Can anyone please tell me how long is the average wait for COPR to come in the post?
Me too, im chomping at the bit waiting for them to drop in the post!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.