Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Aug 24th 2010, 3:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really nice
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by smivers
Good news is that eCAS has just changed to decision made for me.

Bad news is that I haven't had an e-mail, and so don't know what the decision is (although logic dictates that it's positive!).

Has anyone not been e-mailed recently, and been posted to instead? Should I e-mail them to check?

This is even worse than waiting for any response. I'm now a bubbling wreck of nervousness and excitement. Argh!

Andy
Hey Andy, not a bad timeline for you! Saya actually got decision made a week before they emailed her to tell her that the decision was positive and I got the decision made a day before I found out! I had read somewhere that you can call and ask them but I didn't bother. I think some people even got the email before Ecas changed!
Old Aug 24th 2010, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

simongrounds is an unknown quantity at this point

Bad news is that I haven't had an e-mail, and so don't know what the decision is (although logic dictates that it's positive!).

Has anyone not been e-mailed recently, and been posted to instead? Should I e-mail them to check?

This is even worse than waiting for any response. I'm now a bubbling wreck of nervousness and excitement. Argh!

Andy
Wow Smithers, that was quick!! Hopefully I'm next on the list!! Just checked and mine's still "In Process"
Old Aug 24th 2010, 4:14 pm
Forum Regular

smivers is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Lethe
Hey Andy, not a bad timeline for you! Saya actually got decision made a week before they emailed her to tell her that the decision was positive and I got the decision made a day before I found out! I had read somewhere that you can call and ask them but I didn't bother. I think some people even got the email before Ecas changed!
Ah, I had in my head that most people had the e-mail before eCAS changed. That returns me to some sanity then!

Looks like I'll be able to start my new job on time now!

Andy
Old Aug 24th 2010, 6:47 pm
Just Joined

u952460 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thought as I had not received any email that my application was still pending. But seeing Smivers update prompted me to see if there was any update as our timelines are identical. Good job I did as its now changed to "Decision made"!!! Now the worry is what is the decision......dun dun daaaaaaaa!!
Old Aug 24th 2010, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by u952460
Thought as I had not received any email that my application was still pending. But seeing Smivers update prompted me to see if there was any update as our timelines are identical. Good job I did as its now changed to "Decision made"!!! Now the worry is what is the decision......dun dun daaaaaaaa!!
I guess our files are just sitting on someone's desk waiting for them to get round to e-mailing us now. I'm planning on taking my passport in on the 16th September anyway (not that we fixed the dates of our honeymoon based on needing to be in London on a Thursday or anything), so I'm not in a huge rush.

Hope the others who are still waiting hear something soon too.
Old Aug 25th 2010, 2:58 pm
Forum Regular

may_bettesworth is an unknown quantity at this point

ok so london recvd my passport aug 12th!
Anyone know how long its taking to receive passports back?i live in canada btw.
Im getting impatient!hahah
Old Aug 25th 2010, 3:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really nice

Originally Posted by may_bettesworth
ok so london recvd my passport aug 12th!
Anyone know how long its taking to receive passports back?i live in canada btw.
Im getting impatient!hahah
They got mine on the 16th Aug, I think there is a thread somewhere detailing timelines. I wouldn't expect it back anytime soon as it takes 2 weeks when you drop it in yourself and pick it up!
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...light=passport
If I haven't heard by Sept 16th I think I will email them and find out what the timeline is currently!

Last edited by Lethe; Aug 25th 2010 at 3:09 pm.
Old Aug 25th 2010, 4:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

wats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant future

They got mine on the 16th Aug, I think there is a thread somewhere detailing timelines. I wouldn't expect it back anytime soon as it takes 2 weeks when you drop it in yourself and pick it up!
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...light=passport
If I haven't heard by Sept 16th I think I will email them and find out what the timeline is currently!
Mine took 4 and a half weeks and I was in Canada when I sent it... going to do flagpole on Friday...
Old Aug 25th 2010, 6:27 pm
Forum Regular

may_bettesworth is an unknown quantity at this point

ok 4 weeks isnt too bad, i really hope it isnt 6!

its just i hate the waiting game! oh well....it will come when it comes.
Old Aug 25th 2010, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

bertclark is an unknown quantity at this point

Andy
Congratulations Andy! I'm sure it will be a good one! Fingers crossed for you.
Old Aug 26th 2010, 12:14 pm
MUA
Forum Regular

MUA is an unknown quantity at this point

I couldn't wait any longer so I called CIC-M on the 19th Aug and the lady said that I have been approved to sponsor and that a letter confirming this was sent out (along with the rest of the forms for London office for my spouse's application) on the 13th August 2010. Still waiting for letter of approval from CIC-M, and I have no update whatsoever on the ECAS system, even with a Client reference number. I ended up emailing London office just to make sure that they had received my hubbys forms today...so wait and see. Although very excited that mine have been approved, I wish they would update everyone on a regular basis!!!!

All forms sent to CIC-M on 23 June
Rec'd at CIC-M on 29 June
Old Aug 26th 2010, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

londonottawa is an unknown quantity at this point

Am I correct in thinking that a Passport request can be an email or a letter?
Old Aug 26th 2010, 1:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by londonottawa
Am I correct in thinking that a Passport request can be an email or a letter?
Yes. But normally it's email.
Old Aug 26th 2010, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

Yes. But normally it's email.
And I've just had one

Strangely, they seem to think that my visa will expire soon, and have given me a different address for priority processing or saying that I should show the e-mail to the receptionist. This despite them quoting the expiration of my visa as April next year! Strange.

Timeline, for completeness:
Married 5th June
Docs arrived at CPC-M 18th June
Sponsorship Approval 22nd July
London Started Processing 29th July
Passport Request 26th August

28 days in London, 82 days since our wedding Time to rebook some flights.
Old Aug 26th 2010, 1:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

And I've just had one

Strangely, they seem to think that my visa will expire soon, and have given me a different address for priority processing or saying that I should show the e-mail to the receptionist. This despite them quoting the expiration of my visa as April next year! Strange.

Timeline, for completeness:
Married 5th June
Docs arrived at CPC-M 18th June
Sponsorship Approval 22nd July
London Started Processing 29th July
Passport Request 26th August

28 days in London, 82 days since our wedding Time to rebook some flights.
Priority processing?! That doesn't seem very fair but congratulations Andy!!! That's great news!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.