Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Jul 29th 2010, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

louiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant future
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

well thats nothing new hearing ANOTHER bloke has got through...thats old news...but congrats.
Old Jul 29th 2010, 9:15 pm
Forum Regular

LuvShy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lethe
Ohhh I see. I guess it's different if he's from another nationality. I am living in Canada atm so quietly hoping they don't call me to interview.
Saya, I'm sure it's good news, I don't think they reject people without giving them an interview. Did he not get an email yet?
Lethe, I think if they were going to call you, since you are in Canada then I guess they might call you to the consulate here.
Old Jul 30th 2010, 12:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Lethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really nice

Originally Posted by LuvShy
Lethe, I think if they were going to call you, since you are in Canada then I guess they might call you to the consulate here.
They would call me to London if they wanted an interview but they actually returned my photos more than 2 weeks ago so you'd think they'd already decided!

Louise, I think Greg sponsored his common-law partner from England (as in she got it super fast, not him) so don't give up hope, girls are getting through! (though not as fast as the guys)

Last edited by Lethe; Jul 30th 2010 at 12:49 am.
Old Jul 30th 2010, 1:13 am
Forum Regular

They would call me to London if they wanted an interview but they actually returned my photos more than 2 weeks ago so you'd think they'd already decided!

Louise, I think Greg sponsored his common-law partner from England (as in she got it super fast, not him) so don't give up hope, girls are getting through! (though not as fast as the guys)

oh wow really...mmm...why don't you try emailing them? on the website it says not to contact them if its less than 6 months, but I still tried, and got no response....they also said if we email them and its less than 6 months we might not get a response...urghhhh... but you should still try
Old Jul 30th 2010, 1:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Lethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really nice

oh wow really...mmm...why don't you try emailing them? on the website it says not to contact them if its less than 6 months, but I still tried, and got no response....they also said if we email them and its less than 6 months we might not get a response...urghhhh... but you should still try
I think it's pretty rare to be called to interview and I'm not too worried, I'm still well within the typical period of waiting, another person on here waited 6 weeks after his photos were returned before he got pr. I'm in a pretty relaxed state of mind most of the time, just occasionally get that little twinge in my chest of panic like they are just messing with me and I'm going to get a letter with a big fat REJECTED stamp on it hehehe, basically I'm chilled out so much that when I panic I REALLY panic. Trying to keep it down!
Old Jul 30th 2010, 1:45 am
Forum Regular

I think it's pretty rare to be called to interview and I'm not too worried, I'm still well within the typical period of waiting, another person on here waited 6 weeks after his photos were returned before he got pr. I'm in a pretty relaxed state of mind most of the time, just occasionally get that little twinge in my chest of panic like they are just messing with me and I'm going to get a letter with a big fat REJECTED stamp on it hehehe, basically I'm chilled out so much that when I panic I REALLY panic. Trying to keep it down!
Oh wow really eh...can't believe they waited that long. Thats good that you are in a relaxed state...I'm the exact opposite...freaked out...I guess its because I'm apart from my husband, and was just newly married...and I miss him a lot I'm confident with my file, but just very anxious hope I get some sort of update other than "in process"...Then I'll feel a lot better
Old Jul 30th 2010, 2:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Oh wow really eh...can't believe they waited that long. Thats good that you are in a relaxed state...I'm the exact opposite...freaked out...I guess its because I'm apart from my husband, and was just newly married...and I miss him a lot I'm confident with my file, but just very anxious hope I get some sort of update other than "in process"...Then I'll feel a lot better
'In process' sucks. I think until 6 months it's kinda difficult to complain. I always try to expect 6 months then if we get it quicker I will be super happy/excited. If it gets too much and you can afford it you can always just come over on duel intent and wait here for it! That's the only reason I can (plus hubby took on a 2nd job, 68 hours a week so we can save even though I'm not working). I felt fairly secure in our file but I think the ones who have been together for AGES get through fastest. We have just had our 2 year anniversary and got married 6 months ago.
Old Jul 30th 2010, 4:55 pm
Forum Regular

londonottawa is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi People,

I'm new here and thought I would share my time line, does anyone have a similar one?

Application Received in Missa: 2 June 2010
Spouse approval and file sent to London: 7 July 2010
Sponsor approval letter: 15 July 2010
London started Processing: 20 July 2010

Is it correct that I have only received 1 letter and no emails in this time? The letter is to say the sponsorship application has been approved and passed on to London. All my fees were paid and my medical was sent off with the application.

Just a little background: Married 2 years to Canadian wife and I'm a British citizen.

Anyone similar?

Thanks guys.
Old Jul 30th 2010, 4:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by londonottawa
Hi People,

I'm new here and thought I would share my time line, does anyone have a similar one?

Application Received in Missa: 2 June 2010
Spouse approval and file sent to London: 7 July 2010
Sponsor approval letter: 15 July 2010
London started Processing: 20 July 2010

Is it correct that I have only received 1 letter and no emails in this time? The letter is to say the sponsorship application has been approved and passed on to London. All my fees were paid and my medical was sent off with the application.

Just a little background: Married 2 years to Canadian wife and I'm a British citizen.

Anyone similar?

Thanks guys.
Pretty much all of us are similar here, guys tend to go through a little faster and all your communication is correct. Hope you hear something soon. Your next communication will either be for more information or your decision made pr email.
Old Jul 30th 2010, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

Pretty much all of us are similar here, guys tend to go through a little faster and all your communication is correct. Hope you hear something soon. Your next communication will either be for more information or your decision made pr email.
Just a bit confused as to whether a PR will come through the post or by an email? Some say they receive by post.....
Old Jul 30th 2010, 5:26 pm
Just Joined

u952460 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi LondonOttawa

I am on very similar timescales. My application received and started to be processed in London 20th July. My situation slightly different though, dating 2 1/5 years with long distance and then married in May. I am a Brit too.
Old Jul 30th 2010, 5:30 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by u952460
Hi LondonOttawa

I am on very similar timescales. My application received and started to be processed in London 20th July. My situation slightly different though, dating 2 1/5 years with long distance and then married in May. I am a Brit too.
Hi u952460, I shall keep you updated if anything changes. Has anyone got any acknowledgements when london receive the application?
Old Jul 30th 2010, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

Saya10 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd say your okay, from what i get VO tend to hold on to all of the application in event of an appeal.
Old Jul 30th 2010, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

Saya10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by londonottawa
Hi u952460, I shall keep you updated if anything changes. Has anyone got any acknowledgements when london receive the application?
London doesnt give AOR, you will just have to watch your ecas. If not already you should sign up for mattew c's ecas tracker, it's brilliant!!!
Old Jul 30th 2010, 6:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Saya10
London doesnt give AOR, you will just have to watch your ecas. If not already you should sign up for mattew c's ecas tracker, it's brilliant!!!
Mattew c's ecas tracker??? sounds interesting......what is that?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.