Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Oct 10th 2011, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

mariar will become famous soon enoughmariar will become famous soon enough
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Aperture - your application was received the day before mine and you have had sponsor approved, this gives me some hope that i will get (good) news soon!

My sponsor got the email two weeks ago saying we were in process but as yet I cannot log into ECAS and its so frustrating, thanks for lifting my spirits today

Best wishes to everyone in the waiting game!
Old Oct 10th 2011, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

Aperture is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by mariar
Aperture - your application was received the day before mine and you have had sponsor approved, this gives me some hope that i will get (good) news soon!

My sponsor got the email two weeks ago saying we were in process but as yet I cannot log into ECAS and its so frustrating, thanks for lifting my spirits today

Best wishes to everyone in the waiting game!
If your sponsor already go an e-mail saying your application is in process (presumably with a couple of ID numbers at the top), then your sponsor already has been approved! It may be worth double-checking your partner's e-mail. You could be further along than you think!

(For the record, I--the sponsor--got two e-mails on the same day: the first confirmed receipt of the application, the second confirmed approval of the sponsor.)
Old Oct 10th 2011, 4:45 pm
Forum Regular

Oh my goodness! Are you serious?! He got the email saying we were in progress with the UCI number and such and instructions on how to log into ECAS, although thats not been working for us, does that mean sponsor has been aprroved? He says he hasnt received any other emails from them but I am now going to double check! If there is no other email i presume he hasnt been approved yet?
Old Oct 10th 2011, 4:59 pm
Forum Regular

Oh my goodness! Are you serious?! He got the email saying we were in progress with the UCI number and such and instructions on how to log into ECAS, although thats not been working for us, does that mean sponsor has been aprroved? He says he hasnt received any other emails from them but I am now going to double check! If there is no other email i presume he hasnt been approved yet?
For what it's worth, the first e-mail looked something like this (obviously I've removed all personally identifying information and have only included portions of the e-mails--both e-mails were much longer and included more information than I'm showing):

UCI: ########
Application No.: ##########
Quote these numbers when corresponding with our office.

This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.

Dear [SPONSOR'S FULL NAME],

This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on [DATE] on behalf of the following member(s):

[SPONSORED PERSON'S FULL NAME]

The second e-mail looked something like this:

Dear [SPONSOR'S FULL NAME]:

This refers to the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class you submitted to this office on behalf of [SPONSORED PERSON'S FULL NAME] and family (if applicable).

You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) has been forwarded to a visa office abroad for further processing.

I hope that's helpful.
Old Oct 10th 2011, 5:28 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for that, i have received the first email but not the second. Dont know if thats normal or not? Maybe I should be worried that there is such a big gap? No news is good news, ill go with that just now or I may go mad!
Old Oct 10th 2011, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for that, i have received the first email but not the second. Dont know if thats normal or not? Maybe I should be worried that there is such a big gap? No news is good news, ill go with that just now or I may go mad!
I don't know if that's normal (hopefully someone else can comment), but I should note that one of the e-mails got caught in my spam filter, so be sure to check your spam folder carefully.

I hope you hear soon!
Old Oct 10th 2011, 7:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by davidkenley
It's Over! Finally Landed yesterday in Canada, I'm so relieved. Thanks to everyone on here for the support, especially caleo, this website has been a reassurance so many times to me.

Good luck to everyone who is still in the process, it's worth it in the end!

PS For anyone looking at my timeline, factor in the Ottawa medical office messing up and leaving my application in limbo for 3 months. Apparently they fixed that issue they had. Should have had my PPR on June 6th.
At last!! Glad it all worked out in the end! Congrats on your landing!
Old Oct 11th 2011, 9:06 am
Just Joined

Fidget is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Ivesy

Your application is the same as mine!

application sent to Mississauga 13th July
application received 15th july
application approved 20th september

Now just keep checking site to see status change to "in progress". I did my medical and security checks at the same time i sent application off so hopefully should happen quickly!!

Anyone else shed any light on when i might see status change?

Thanks
Old Oct 11th 2011, 11:03 am
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fidget
Hi Ivesy

Your application is the same as mine!

application sent to Mississauga 13th July
application received 15th july
application approved 20th september

Now just keep checking site to see status change to "in progress". I did my medical and security checks at the same time i sent application off so hopefully should happen quickly!!

Anyone else shed any light on when i might see status change?

Thanks
Hi

With the spousal applications everyone dpes the checks beforehand - but the time it takes can be up to 8 months average (last time I checked anyway).

Mine took from being approved as sponsor in nov to them starting to process in london towards the end of Feb (but I think this was only on Ecas the following month) - others got theirs sooner, but ECAS is not very reliable, and as hard as it is, you just have to be patient.

Hope you all hear something soon!
Old Oct 11th 2011, 11:11 am
Just Joined

Fidget is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by caleo
Hi

With the spousal applications everyone dpes the checks beforehand - but the time it takes can be up to 8 months average (last time I checked anyway).

Mine took from being approved as sponsor in nov to them starting to process in london towards the end of Feb (but I think this was only on Ecas the following month) - others got theirs sooner, but ECAS is not very reliable, and as hard as it is, you just have to be patient.

Hope you all hear something soon!
Thanks for the response. Yes i know being patient isn't part of my nature!! Just very excited about the move!! We looking into area at the moment. Most of my wifes family live in Bolton Ontario. We are looking at Bolton, Brampton, Oaksville and Missisauga. Looking to find a job in toronto so need to be able to commute easily. I build websites for a living and it seems Canada has some jobs in this area which is good.

Cant wait!
Old Oct 11th 2011, 11:16 am
Just Joined

dino5541 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi every one
i am new to this forum infact to any forum so
dont have any idea to how make new thread or post

WHAT I WANT TO ASK IS HOW LONG DOES IT TAKES SPOUAL VISA DISION IF I AM (BEING SPONSORED ) IN PAKISTAN AND MY WIFE IN CANADA

Last edited by dino5541; Oct 11th 2011 at 11:24 am.
Old Oct 14th 2011, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

yzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really nice

It seems to me like I am going to have some frustrating times ahead.

I married my Canadian wife on 10th September and we are currently in process of putting our application together. Medical was done on he 10th October. I was missing a couple of pictures so the doc said I will have my confirmation of med within 12 days. Police certificate is also done although they have the wrong house number on it. My new certificate should be with me tuesday.

So far with all the supporting documents, I live in hope of a quick application but seeing the stage 1 process out to 68 days is not encouraging.

I will be taking my documents over to my sponsor on the 28th October when I will be visiting for a week so all being well they should land with CPC-M by the start of November.

I will be following his thread closely.
Old Oct 14th 2011, 5:43 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dino5541
hi every one
i am new to this forum infact to any forum so
dont have any idea to how make new thread or post

WHAT I WANT TO ASK IS HOW LONG DOES IT TAKES SPOUAL VISA DISION IF I AM (BEING SPONSORED ) IN PAKISTAN AND MY WIFE IN CANADA
Hi, and welcome to BE.

If you go to the Frequently Asked Questions (on pink/beige coloured bar at the top of the page), it will tell you how to do things like start a new thread etc. The link in my signature is also worth a read.

And the CIC website is essential reading - if you go to the processing times section, you'll see that the first part of the process is currently taking around 69 days, and then the second part for applicants via the Islamabad visa office is 24 months. Unfortunately a lot longer than UK applicants, but hope that helps a bit. Here is the relevant page.........http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...es/perm-fc.asp
Old Oct 15th 2011, 8:49 am
Just Joined

dino5541 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Hi, and welcome to BE.

If you go to the Frequently Asked Questions (on pink/beige coloured bar at the top of the page), it will tell you how to do things like start a new thread etc. The link in my signature is also worth a read.

And the CIC website is essential reading - if you go to the processing times section, you'll see that the first part of the process is currently taking around 69 days, and then the second part for applicants via the Islamabad visa office is 24 months. Unfortunately a lot longer than UK applicants, but hope that helps a bit. Here is the relevant page.........http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...es/perm-fc.asp
thanks allot
Old Oct 15th 2011, 5:24 pm
Forum Regular

I checked eCAS today and was finally able to login! It displayed a chart with the following information:

Sponsored Person
[Partner's Name]

Sponsorship Application Status
Decision Made

Permanent Residence Application Status
Application Received

Is it safe to assume that "Sponsorship Application Status" refers to Part 1 and "Permanent Residence Application Status" refers to Part 2? If so, does the displayed status of "Permanent Residence Application Status" mean that it has arrived in London (we applied outland) or does it just mean that they received it at CPC-M and it's still there?

(When I click on "Application Received", it brings me to a page that says, "We received [Partner's Name]'s application for permanent residence on [date application was received at CPC-M]." A bit confusing, as they certainly didn't receive it in London on the same day!)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.