Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Sep 8th 2011, 8:18 am
Just Joined

slade is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by Nsxer33
Thanks!

I actually emailed the London office just to make sure that they had the correct email address on the account. They responded in 13 days saying that we received your email, and your application is waiting to be viewed by an officer.

So when I got the email I was the recipient and my wife was cc'ed.

I hope that helps. Let me know if you need anything else.

Kind regards
Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I've checked te CIC website and my visa is showing "decision made" as of Friday 2nd September and that they will contact me with te decision.

How long did it take for your e-mal to come through once the decision made status was changed on the CIC website?

Any information would be appreciated.
Old Sep 8th 2011, 2:11 pm
Blonde, but not really.

Joolschweetie is a jewel in the roughJoolschweetie is a jewel in the roughJoolschweetie is a jewel in the roughJoolschweetie is a jewel in the rough

Just a note to everyone on here to say a huge thank you for all your help and support throughout the whole visa process, which we started in January this year and fingers crossed is at an end for us. I really wouldn't have had the foggiest what to do without all u lovely forum ppl!

I'm really excited to be able to tell you all I'm landing on Monday in Toronto to be reunited with my beloved bf and cat
Hopefully we'll all be living happily ever after in Hamilton, ON! I may try and gatecrash some of the meet-ups of other local expats in the near future - it'd be lovely to meet some of the ppl who have been so helpful over the last year!

Right guys, off to check my immigration documents for the 43rd time today
Old Sep 8th 2011, 6:42 pm
Just Joined

Nsxer33 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by slade
Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I've checked te CIC website and my visa is showing "decision made" as of Friday 2nd September and that they will contact me with te decision.

How long did it take for your e-mal to come through once the decision made status was changed on the CIC website?

Any information would be appreciated.
From my understanding and experience, when it states "decision made" on the CIC website it means that it has been approved and should be on its way to London for the second leg of the process. Hope that helps.

Also I never got an email for the first step of the process in Mississauga, just when my wife was approved in London.

Thanks
Kind regards
Old Sep 8th 2011, 9:01 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Nsxer33
From my understanding and experience, when it states "decision made" on the CIC website it means that it has been approved and should be on its way to London for the second leg of the process. Hope that helps.

Also I never got an email for the first step of the process in Mississauga, just when my wife was approved in London.

Thanks
Kind regards
Hi,

Thanks for the information, but I failed to mention that my visa is in London at the moment having passed the first stage and apparently completed the final stage for my permenant residence.

Do you know how long it took for the visa office to contact you once the CIC changed your visa status to "decision made" for the final part?

Regards
Old Sep 8th 2011, 9:07 pm
Just Joined

Nsxer33 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Thanks for the information, but I failed to mention that my visa is in London at the moment having passed the first stage and apparently completed the final stage for my permenant residence.

Do you know how long it took for the visa office to contact you once the CIC changed your visa status to "decision made" for the final part?

Regards
Hi again

I actually got the email with a PDF file instructing me what to do before my status was changed on CIC. All you need is your file number which should come with the email. Ours started with F
Proceeding with 9 digits.

Thanks
Kind regards
Old Sep 9th 2011, 6:35 pm
Just Joined

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone else has had to wait very long to receive the confirmation e-mail following the CIC website showing "decision made - the office will contact you".

Currently its been a week since this status changed and I haven't heard anything.

I've tried e-mailing the London office to check they have my correct details but understand they can take some time to respond.

Any information of people's experiences would be appreciated as this is starting to make me a little anxious.........
Old Sep 11th 2011, 11:01 am
Just Joined

Hi All,

Just thought i'd let you know that I have now had a reply from the visa office with the the passport request.

I don't know if this has happened to other people or not but I did not receive an e-mail but instead got a letter in the post 1 week after my status changed at the CIC.

Also i'd like to thank the people that have previously helped and say that this forum has been a great help with the whole process.
Old Sep 11th 2011, 3:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,

Just thought i'd let you know that I have now had a reply from the visa office with the the passport request.

I don't know if this has happened to other people or not but I did not receive an e-mail but instead got a letter in the post 1 week after my status changed at the CIC.

Also i'd like to thank the people that have previously helped and say that this forum has been a great help with the whole process.
Thats great news. CIC use email and letters - luck of the draw really! I got my letter from Mississauga, and an email from London when mine was processed - others at the time were opposite way round. Not sure how they work it out.

Congratulations anyway!!
Old Sep 11th 2011, 10:09 pm
tsc
Forum Regular

tsc is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by caleo
We had a letter - according to ECAS it was sent out on the 10th Nov - we waited anxiously until December when we received a letter dated the end of November - don't know why. In the meantime we made frantic calls to Mississauga but got no information from them at all - was just a waiting game. Most people however get their letter within a week or so.

If a decision has been made - I would assume it is positive, as if they required any further information they would request that before refusal.

Hope your letter arrives soon!
Hi everyone - quick question - my husband is going to Canada tomorrow for interviews - when he lands in Canada tomorrow with his passport with the visa and the paperwork is he ok to say he is there for interviews that will hopefully facilitate our move to Canada?

I just wondered what kind of questions they will ask. We are planning on moving as soon as we can but have to have a job lined up first.

Answers as soon as you can anyone please...
Thanks
TSC
Old Sep 12th 2011, 2:28 pm
Forum Regular

jrr773 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there

I sent my completed application to Mississauga on 30th August by courier but so far have not had an email or letter confirming receipt. Should I follow up? I only have a receipt reference having paid the application fees online which doesn't seem to be recognised by the tracking tool on the CIC site.
Old Sep 12th 2011, 5:42 pm
Just Joined

monkfish is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jrr773
Hi there

I sent my completed application to Mississauga on 30th August by courier but so far have not had an email or letter confirming receipt. Should I follow up? I only have a receipt reference having paid the application fees online which doesn't seem to be recognised by the tracking tool on the CIC site.
Hi there,
Just wanted to let you know i sent mine on July 15th and still havent heard back! The CIC timeline when i sent it said 32 days however a week or 2 later it increased to 60 days, which for me should be any day now . Il keep you posted when i hear from them.
Old Sep 12th 2011, 5:57 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Hi there

You won't get anything other than a refusal/approval letter in 60 days. They are working on applications received 07/07/11. You won't be recognized until the sponsorship has been opened.
Old Sep 12th 2011, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

BrennaBoo is on a distinguished road

Hi there

We were unable to check to see if our application was recieved until AFTER I was approved as a sponsor...

I doubt you will hear anything unfortunately ....until they have begun at least processing your application - if you check here you will see the date they are currently working on....the ECAs checker as well did not work for us until AFTER I was approved as a sponsor...

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...es/perm-fc.asp

The current processing time for applications is 60 days
(working on applications received on July 7, 2011)

Did you use a mailing service that had a tracker on it(Fedex, expresspost, etc)? Then you could check with the mail service to verify it was delivered.

Best of luck....
Old Sep 12th 2011, 6:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

victorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there

Snap! I posted my application via registered mail and it arrived in Missisauga on 30th Aug. I opted for registered mail so that I could track it's arrival. As others have said, I am now just waiting to hear, but know that it is likely to be around the end of October before I hear anything regarding this first stage. In the mean time I am trying to put it at the back of my mind. I know it is there, nothing I can do in the meantime.
Old Sep 12th 2011, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

jrr773 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the replies and best wishes to you guys in the same batch. I was just a bit worried as a couple of pieces of mail I'm waiting on haven't been delivered (unconnected to my app), but I should have assumed Mississauga take their sweet time.

Brenna - I posted with the Royal Mail courier service which only shows as 'package is in Toronto' but the clerk said this is all it will show.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.