Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Jun 24th 2011, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

jaskp1 is on a distinguished road
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by BrennaBoo
HEY - any news May 12ths??
None yet Brennaboo,

but as everyone mentioned, we should be hearing something soon... Give another 2weeks to a month and I hope the whole lot of us May 12ths will be jumping with joy!!
Old Jun 24th 2011, 10:57 am
Forum Regular

BrennaBoo is on a distinguished road

This is all making me so nervous! It seems a bit weird that our application does not say 'medicals recieved' we did them about a month and a half before our application went out - along with some further tests in february but the doc said we were all clear in the end...i know im not supposed to worry but I might just give the dmp a call and make sure it was sent.
Old Jun 24th 2011, 11:45 pm
Forum Regular

richard37 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by jaskp1
None yet Brennaboo,

but as everyone mentioned, we should be hearing something soon... Give another 2weeks to a month and I hope the whole lot of us May 12ths will be jumping with joy!!
As a May 5th I'm hoping I can give all you May 12ths some advance warning. No news for me yet. I've just noticed on the site it says it's updated once a week, usually on a Tuesday. Maybe we've all been approved but we just don't know it yet!
Old Jun 25th 2011, 5:21 am
Forum Regular

rodderzzz is a jewel in the roughrodderzzz is a jewel in the roughrodderzzz is a jewel in the roughrodderzzz is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by richard37
As a May 5th I'm hoping I can give all you May 12ths some advance warning. No news for me yet. I've just noticed on the site it says it's updated once a week, usually on a Tuesday. Maybe we've all been approved but we just don't know it yet!
on the cic website, I can only find the application form for inland, it says to send it to alberta, can someone point me in the direction of the outland one? I am living in Canada but want to apply to London like you guys,

thanks
Old Jun 25th 2011, 2:30 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

just a quick question, how do they know to send your medicals to London for the outland app as opposed to inland - or does everything go to Mississauga - get amalgamated there and then sent to London?

Reason I ask is that there was a big gap (4 months) between me having meds, and the final app actually being sent in (issues collecting other docs which weren't forseen!!!!!).
Old Jun 25th 2011, 3:42 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
just a quick question, how do they know to send your medicals to London for the outland app as opposed to inland - or does everything go to Mississauga - get amalgamated there and then sent to London?

Reason I ask is that there was a big gap (4 months) between me having meds, and the final app actually being sent in (issues collecting other docs which weren't forseen!!!!!).
The DMP sends the medicals to the Regional Medical Centre that serves the country where the medical was done, not necessarily the one where the processing visa office is. When the processing office wants the medical results they download them from the RMC. Your medical receipt shows the DMP's location so they know where to look.
Old Jun 25th 2011, 4:10 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

The DMP sends the medicals to the Regional Medical Centre that serves the country where the medical was done, not necessarily the one where the processing visa office is. When the processing office wants the medical results they download them from the RMC. Your medical receipt shows the DMP's location so they know where to look.
Is it too soon on a saturday to say I love you thanks PMM
Old Jun 27th 2011, 8:50 am
Just Joined

fasea will become famous soon enough

Hi,

I've been hanging out here a while and using the great knowledge of people around here.

Anyway I just got my passport request (via email) which I'm ecstatic about!! our timeline as I know there's a'lot of people waiting (to give indication)

Sponser application recieved 22nd March(sent via fedex)
Started processing & decision 26th April
Application & Medicals received in London 4th May.
PPR today! 27th June.

It was just me in the application so fairly straightforward and we also paid all fee's upfront which I think may of helped speed things up.

Going to deliver my passport in a couple of weeks as I have a weekend in Spain planned - wish I could do it this Thursday now!

Cheers

Andy

p.s. ECAS not updated with my approval state still shows application received!
Old Jun 27th 2011, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by fasea
Hi,

I've been hanging out here a while and using the great knowledge of people around here.

Anyway I just got my passport request (via email) which I'm ecstatic about!! our timeline as I know there's a'lot of people waiting (to give indication)

PPR today! 27th June.

It was just me in the application so fairly straightforward and we also paid all fee's upfront which I think may of helped speed things up.

Going to deliver my passport in a couple of weeks as I have a weekend in Spain planned - wish I could do it this Thursday now!

Cheers

Andy

Congrats Fasea!!

U must be so thrilled!! I'm very happy for u!! This looks like really good news for richard37 first and then for the entire lot of May 12ths!! I'm so thrilled and I hope we hear something next week!!

Have a wonderful time in Spain and wishing u all the best with your move to Canada. Take care and have a wonderful time!!
Old Jun 27th 2011, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

BrennaBoo is on a distinguished road

Hi,

PPR today! 27th June.

Cheers

Andy

So happy for you!!! Congratulations!! I wish the best for you and your future!!!
Old Jun 27th 2011, 11:36 am
tsc
Forum Regular

tsc is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

PPR today! 27th June.

Cheers

Andy

Congratulations Fasea - great news. Quick question - you said Ecas wasn't updated - so how did you find out that it had been granted?

TSC
Old Jun 27th 2011, 12:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tsc
Congratulations Fasea - great news. Quick question - you said Ecas wasn't updated - so how did you find out that it had been granted?

TSC
hi Tsc,

you get an email directly to u from CHC informing u of the approval and passport request. The online application status sometimes doesn't reflect this because it is usually updated on tuesdays, so i'm guessing fasea's application status will show 'decision made' tomoro, since it'll b a tuesday. Also, from what i've read in previous posts, i've come to understand that they are sometimes pretty lazy in updating the application statuses.

Hope that helps
Old Jun 27th 2011, 1:46 pm
Just Joined

BTownSardar is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

PPR today! 27th June.

Cheers

Andy

Congrats Fasea!!

That's really good news! All the best in your move to Canada!

Here's hoping all the may 12ths are next!!!
Old Jun 27th 2011, 2:45 pm
Glory glory Man Utd.....

leggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud of

Many congrats Fasea, really pleased for you....and now I'm really excited for me and all the other May 12ths that we hear something very soon!

Old Jun 27th 2011, 7:39 pm
Just Joined

emwen11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Well, I've been reading this thread for about an hour now!! It's been super helpful in itself.

To introduce myself, I'm a Canadian citizen (parents emigrated to UK when I was a kid, but I never gave up my Canadian-ness ) and my hub and son are both British. We have our application about 95% ready to go but we just realised that you have to 'land' within 12 months of getting the medical done. Is this right? We live in the Channel Islands, so making a trip to land (with a 2 yr old) is a bit of a fuss, not to mention that we've already got a trip planned in Feb to Canada for my sister's wedding and we've only been home a week from our last trip! It's more money that could be used for moving really.

I have a few questions - sorry if these have been repeated elsewhere, but I've been staring at the screen for hours now!!

Does my son have to land too, or could my husband do a quick trip on his own?

We've got all our forms filled in and are now in the process of getting our evidence and checks done. Have we done this the right way around? I postdated our applications to 1st July, but seems perhaps I should have left a longer date!

I think I had more questions, but my brain is frazzled now.

Thanks in advance foe any help and advice you can give.

xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.