Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old May 26th 2018, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

LizLon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Questions re EE passport request etc.

To update spreadsheet:

We received this email from CIC on 25th May:

This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2018/04/19 on behalf of the following member(s):

--

Still can't link application online but will try in a few days!

Old May 26th 2018, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

Stuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

I had a lot of failed efforts before managing to link mine. Make sure that if you gave a middle name on your application, you use it when trying to link. That was my issue.
Old May 26th 2018, 1:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beardyman
I hope so before I get the snow! Also to conclude everything I got my CoPR in the post today.

Journey is concluded and again can't thank everyone here who helped enough. Especially with all the dumb questions of mine!
Congratulations - great feeling. More great feelings to come, landing for PR, Getting your PR Card etc.!! Spreadsheet updated.
Old May 26th 2018, 1:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Questions re EE passport request etc.

Originally Posted by LizLon
To update spreadsheet:

We received this email from CIC on 25th May:

This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2018/04/19 on behalf of the following member(s):

--

Still can't link application online but will try in a few days!

Thanks for the update. Spreadsheet updated.
Old May 27th 2018, 11:35 am
Forum Regular

LizLon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Stuart Adamson
I had a lot of failed efforts before managing to link mine. Make sure that if you gave a middle name on your application, you use it when trying to link. That was my issue.
Good to know! Thanks. I don't think I've been putting it... it's a guessing game with that system... also it seems to only ever give me 4 not 5 attempts in 24 hours!
Old May 27th 2018, 4:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by LizLon
Good to know! Thanks. I don't think I've been putting it... it's a guessing game with that system... also it seems to only ever give me 4 not 5 attempts in 24 hours!
It is a black art! Some ideas and tips for linking on wiki here:

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spousa...ccess_MyCIC.3F
Old May 30th 2018, 1:48 am
Forum Regular

AshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond repute

Well folks, it's been a while since I was last on here... around the middle of March I believe. Only just got this computer up and running again which has my access to the forum in it. Anyways, here is how it has been since I was last here.

Loaded 2 x 20' containers for shipping my bits and pieces to Halifax. My own travel got delayed by a day due to cancelled flights because of the bad snowstorm on 13March. Flew the next day to Presque Isle and drove across the border as I don't have my PR card... It was still in process then...

Containers arrived as scheduled in Halifax, but they both got held for Customs exams, so finally got them the week after Easter.

Then got the dreaded 'Your photos don't meet standards' for the 2nd time for my PR card application. I have now gone and got the photos taken here and sent them off to Sydney... 3rd time lucky???? Who knows.

Settling in and enjoying life and what it has to offer. Been working around the house getting things in shape and just enjoying breathing the fresh air....
Old May 30th 2018, 2:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by AshMyl
Well folks, it's been a while since I was last on here... around the middle of March I believe. Only just got this computer up and running again which has my access to the forum in it. Anyways, here is how it has been since I was last here.

Loaded 2 x 20' containers for shipping my bits and pieces to Halifax. My own travel got delayed by a day due to cancelled flights because of the bad snowstorm on 13March. Flew the next day to Presque Isle and drove across the border as I don't have my PR card... It was still in process then...

Containers arrived as scheduled in Halifax, but they both got held for Customs exams, so finally got them the week after Easter.

Then got the dreaded 'Your photos don't meet standards' for the 2nd time for my PR card application. I have now gone and got the photos taken here and sent them off to Sydney... 3rd time lucky???? Who knows.

Settling in and enjoying life and what it has to offer. Been working around the house getting things in shape and just enjoying breathing the fresh air....
Sounds a bit of an epic! So sorry about your photo nonsense for the PR Card - massively annoying - we must have got lucky, activated CoPR in mid-April 2017 and got PR Card July 2017.
Old May 30th 2018, 5:02 pm
Just Joined

andrewjc is an unknown quantity at this point

Quick update, Background check changed to started processing today, fingers crossed not too much longer, been a while since the last update!
Old May 30th 2018, 5:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by andrewjc
Quick update, Background check changed to started processing today, fingers crossed not too much longer, been a while since the last update!
This is usually the final step before approval. Mine took two days, others have taken a couple / few weeks. Best of luck. Spreadsheet updated.
Old May 31st 2018, 7:30 am
Forum Regular

HerMadge has a reputation beyond reputeHerMadge has a reputation beyond reputeHerMadge has a reputation beyond reputeHerMadge has a reputation beyond reputeHerMadge has a reputation beyond reputeHerMadge has a reputation beyond reputeHerMadge has a reputation beyond reputeHerMadge has a reputation beyond reputeHerMadge has a reputation beyond reputeHerMadge has a reputation beyond reputeHerMadge has a reputation beyond repute

<edit> I just checked the spreadsheet and got my answer thanks

Last edited by HerMadge; May 31st 2018 at 7:38 am.
Old May 31st 2018, 2:07 pm
Just Joined

KKaplanis is an unknown quantity at this point

Got correspondence today, 5/31/2019, from CIC requesting a medical exam to be completed. Letting you know for the spreadsheet.
Old May 31st 2018, 3:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by KKaplanis
Got correspondence today, 5/31/2019, from CIC requesting a medical exam to be completed. Letting you know for the spreadsheet.
Cheers. Spreadsheet updated.
Old May 31st 2018, 6:43 pm
Just Joined

andrewjc is an unknown quantity at this point

Another quick update, received request for fingerprints today and also received invitation to pre-arrival service. As soon as I saw the message went out and had the fingerprints done and sent to RCMP.
Old May 31st 2018, 7:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Another quick update, received request for fingerprints today and also received invitation to pre-arrival service. As soon as I saw the message went out and had the fingerprints done and sent to RCMP.
Spreadsheet updated. Sounds like you are in the home straight!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.