Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Mar 26th 2018, 1:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Originally Posted by Emily1987
Great news! Thanks for the info. I;m not sure when I was 'sponsor approved' how would I find this?
It was being processed in Missisagua but they recently asked for photos to be sent to London so I presume London now.

Thanks!
Sponsor approval should be on MyCIC and they would have emailed you a PDF letter stating this.

No, sounds like they processed it in Mississauga. They ask for the photos and remaining stuff to be sent to London so London can issue a CoPR.
Old Mar 26th 2018, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

EngCan is an unknown quantity at this point

This may be a random question but.......

When I got my COPR (dates already given) 1 of the photos which you have to send is glued to one copy and one was just loose in the envelope. Just wondered if this is right......and if so why do you have to send 2 photos?
Old Mar 26th 2018, 8:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EngCan
This may be a random question but.......

When I got my COPR (dates already given) 1 of the photos which you have to send is glued to one copy and one was just loose in the envelope. Just wondered if this is right......and if so why do you have to send 2 photos?
Yes, perfectly normal. My wife's copy CoPR also did not have a photo affixed to it.

Originally Posted by EngCan
......and if so why do you have to send 2 photos?
You seem to think there should be a valid reason for this in this paper blizzard of a process
Old Mar 27th 2018, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

Beardyman is an unknown quantity at this point

I am quite confused, my fiancee logged into ECAS and it says decision made? But We haven't even got a processing office?

This seems like cause for concern for me. They say they received medical results. MyCIC says I passed the medical. Then we got SA email since then nothing (We got that on 22/03/2018).

I click on DM and it doesn't say much aside from dates we applied.
Old Mar 27th 2018, 11:14 am
Just Joined

Emily1987 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick
Sponsor approval should be on MyCIC and they would have emailed you a PDF letter stating this.

No, sounds like they processed it in Mississauga. They ask for the photos and remaining stuff to be sent to London so London can issue a CoPR.
No pdf letter emailed and I cant find sponsor approval on My CIC. Schedule A and the 1st Police cert were requested Dec 5th and medical on Dec 6th.

Under application status, its all still in progress except the medical which it says passed.

Thanks!
Old Mar 27th 2018, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

Fiancee has checked her emails. Got our processing office CPC Mississauga.

I'm still confused about the eCas thing but I think this is a good sign?
Old Mar 27th 2018, 1:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Emily1987
No pdf letter emailed and I cant find sponsor approval on My CIC. Schedule A and the 1st Police cert were requested Dec 5th and medical on Dec 6th.

Under application status, its all still in progress except the medical which it says passed.

Thanks!
OK, ill take a guess at the dates. It is not at all unusual for ECAS to say one thing and MyCIC to say another. But a 'decision made' on either is not often a mistake.
Old Mar 27th 2018, 1:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Beardyman
Fiancee has checked her emails. Got our processing office CPC Mississauga.

I'm still confused about the eCas thing but I think this is a good sign?
It is not at all uncommon for ECAS to say one thing and MyCIC to say another, but a DM is not often a mistake.

Who is the PA here? You or your fiancé? It could be that the DM refers to the decision made for sponsor approval?? It is not impossible that this could also be the final decision, but very unusual if it took place in such a short timescale since sponsor approval, so I will hold off updating the spreadsheet at the moment.

But either way, I would certainly see it as good news - fingers crossed!
Old Mar 27th 2018, 1:27 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick
It is not at all uncommon for ECAS to say one thing and MyCIC to say another, but a DM is not often a mistake.

Who is the PA here? You or your fiancé? It could be that the DM refers to the decision made for sponsor approval?? It is not impossible that this could also be the final decision, but very unusual if it took place in such a short timescale since sponsor approval, so I will hold off updating the spreadsheet at the moment.

But either way, I would certainly see it as good news - fingers crossed!
I'm the PA and she's the Sponsor.

That's a good way to look at it, DM for SA. Let's just go with that and stay positive.

But yeah hopefully with CPC Mississauga things will process quickly and that August timeline is perhaps within touching distance, who knows! I'm unsure which is the faster office but I think this should be home straight now?
Old Mar 27th 2018, 1:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Beardyman
I'm the PA and she's the Sponsor.

That's a good way to look at it, DM for SA. Let's just go with that and stay positive.

But yeah hopefully with CPC Mississauga things will process quickly and that August timeline is perhaps within touching distance, who knows! I'm unsure which is the faster office but I think this should be home straight now?
I would put my money on London as being the slowest office for sure!
Old Mar 27th 2018, 7:55 pm
Just Joined

Emily1987 is an unknown quantity at this point

Got my COPR today!!!!
Old Mar 28th 2018, 1:14 pm
Forum Regular

gruffchris is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

So I'm now worried that I may not have been approved just yet?

Theirs no change to my (applicant) ecas or MYCIC

Just the wife had an email saying they are forwarding it to London for further processing.

Her ecas has three tabs

sponsored person = me

Sponsorship application status = DM

PR application = in process

I'm worried cause they've asked the others for photos and also with beardymans comments too, sounds like the same thing.

Although we do have a letter saying it will be processed in Mississauga that we got in Jan and her sponsor approval at the start of Dec?

She called immigration but the guy was no help, he was just saying all aps go to Mississauga first then forwarded to London? Think there was a miss communication.

Congrats Emily

Just out of interest Emily how long before they asked you for photos did you get the email to say further processing in London?

Last edited by gruffchris; Mar 28th 2018 at 2:14 pm.
Old Mar 29th 2018, 5:43 pm
Just Joined

AIRD85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

I got a request for passport copies on the 15th March, I uploaded my documents and posted passport pictures on the 27th March and received an email today to say my decision has been approved Just need to wait for my CORP in the post

Last edited by AIRD85; Mar 29th 2018 at 5:47 pm.
Old Mar 29th 2018, 6:00 pm
Just Joined

Tommm is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey, Beginning to feel pretty disheartened as one of the few Mississauga applicants still to hear anything, Applied in July and not had anything since passing medical and uploading police check and schedule A in September. I know we are still within the 12 months but cant help but worry as they seem to be well into the October applicants. I've recently ordered my case notes as we are over the average processing time.
I'm currently in BC as a visitor but only so long I can do that.
Is there anything else you think I should be doing just now or is it just a case of more waiting?
Old Apr 1st 2018, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

Stuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond repute

Finally got everything together and sent mine on 27th - should have been in Mississauga on the morning of 29th but am on holiday without the tracking number to check.

Wife is the sponsor, I am the PA (Brit) , kids already have their Canadian passports.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.