Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Feb 13th 2015, 4:06 pm
Forum Regular

dillisodhi is a jewel in the roughdillisodhi is a jewel in the roughdillisodhi is a jewel in the roughdillisodhi is a jewel in the rough
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by Divvym1
The 29 month thing is definitely taken into account Islamabad apps too. I'm pretty sure if you had the Math to do the average time including straight forward apps and Islamabad together it would be 29 months.
You are probably right. I swear most of the regulars on this forum are not only advisors, but also psychiatrists - y'all certainly get us newbie stress-heads back in line!
Old Feb 13th 2015, 4:23 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

^ Hence my perhaps not-so-sympathetic comment to "calm the f* down", hahaha!

I'm not even trying to calm people down on the CanadaVisa thread, they are completely losing their minds there. At least you guys appear sane. Ish.
Old Feb 13th 2015, 4:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Divvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond repute

I never venture to CanadaVisa site but I may pop over now!
Old Feb 13th 2015, 5:07 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!
Old Feb 13th 2015, 8:17 pm
mec
Forum Regular

mec will become famous soon enough

Ouch!!! 29 months! I'm going to stay with the sane people... and hope mine gets done very soon.

Although one side effect is this gives them an excuse not to respond to chasers... since they say only to query once it's gone past the published processing time. Lets hope common sense prevails and it doesn't come to that!
Old Feb 13th 2015, 8:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

andrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond repute

mec I do not think we should label people who are disappointed to the update in processing times as insane. At the time of applying they expect to wait 11 months and they apply based on that fact. Of course the time will change during the course of an application but to nearly triple? In my opinion they are totally justified to be a little miffed. People saying that they are overreacting have perhaps forgotten what it is like to wait for PR. There is no good news really until the end, and the end seems really far away right now.
Old Feb 13th 2015, 8:29 pm
mec
Forum Regular

mec will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by andrewbrit
mec I do not think we should label people who are disappointed to the update in processing times as insane. At the time of applying they expect to wait 11 months and they apply based on that fact. Of course the time will change during the course of an application but to nearly triple? In my opinion they are totally justified to be a little miffed. People saying that they are overreacting have perhaps forgotten what it is like to wait for PR. There is no good news really until the end, and the end seems really far away right now.
No offence intended. I was just picking up on SchnookoLoly's comment above "At least you guys appear sane".

I'm one of those very miffed people, just doing my best to bite my tongue as complaining isn't going to gain me anything.

Last edited by mec; Feb 13th 2015 at 8:32 pm.
Old Feb 13th 2015, 8:48 pm
Concierge

Hey, don't forget, I've been there myself. When I applied, sponsor approval was at 4 months. London was quoting an additional 9 months processing. Most people were being processed in the 7-8 month mark. Our application was delayed two months because some dumbass at CIC doesn't know how to read passport expiry dates. I HAVE been there, and I understand that everyone is a bit miffed that the processing time has jumped.

All I'm saying is to keep a clear head about it. It's highly unlikely that "standard" apps are going to take that long. As I said in my last post, this change has GOT to be due to the Islamabad applications affecting things. There's no other explanation - you would not see London jump from 11 months to 29 months otherwise, unless they had their entire workforce quit on the same day. I'm willing to bet that didn't happen.

Use logic, use reason, don't lose your mind, and it'll all be fine.

Failing that, go pour yourselves a stiff drink.
Old Feb 13th 2015, 9:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Divvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond repute

A stiff drink sounds like a great plan SchnookoLoly, work just called me to take night off and my girlfriend is in Niagara with friends tonight. Wee dram it is.
Old Feb 13th 2015, 11:57 pm
Weegie in Calgary

cbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
^ Hence my perhaps not-so-sympathetic comment to "calm the f* down", hahaha!

I'm not even trying to calm people down on the CanadaVisa thread, they are completely losing their minds there. At least you guys appear sane. Ish.
Hahaha so funny that you've mentioned this. My mate at work is applying through CEC for PR and when the CIC said the cap had been reached it was mayhem in broken English for days!
Old Feb 14th 2015, 5:46 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Try 59 months. Yup. You read that correctly.

Long story, but true.
Old Feb 14th 2015, 6:00 am
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andrewbrit
I remember well enough...CIC strikes...out of work for months...having to get MP involved. I was apoplectic.

It works out in the end if it's any consolation. Take it from me.
Old Feb 14th 2015, 9:23 am
Perfer et obdura

Location: Birmingham 26 years, Germany 20 years, in Toronto since 2015
anglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond repute

Just heard from the CIC, who are still processing our sponsorship approval. Hubbins recently notified the people at the call center of his change of address when phoning to ask why we had heard nothing although it was way beyond the given time. Now he has received a request to resubmit IMM 1344. This request is dated Feb 10 and is going to put our application back ANOTHER 45 days.

Is this because of the change of address? If so, let other people out there learn from our experience....
Old Feb 14th 2015, 1:24 pm
Forum Regular

anindividual has a brilliant futureanindividual has a brilliant futureanindividual has a brilliant futureanindividual has a brilliant futureanindividual has a brilliant futureanindividual has a brilliant future

Some people are reading to much in the 29 months wait time. It is a technical correction only. The applications received in ISB some 25 months before and now finalized in LVO of course will reflect on wait time. Even Pak resident applications received directly to London have moved to in process stage within 5_6 months & appears to be completed within 11 months. Advice, don't get panic and your application will still receive same attention as before.
Old Feb 14th 2015, 4:11 pm
Perfer et obdura

Location: Birmingham 26 years, Germany 20 years, in Toronto since 2015
anglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anglogerman
Just heard from the CIC, who are still processing our sponsorship approval. Hubbins recently notified the people at the call center of his change of address when phoning to ask why we had heard nothing although it was way beyond the given time. Now he has received a request to resubmit IMM 1344. This request is dated Feb 10 and is going to put our application back ANOTHER 45 days.

Is this because of the change of address? If so, let other people out there learn from our experience....
And we received an acknowledgement of receipt dated 14 February, including UCI, yet ECAS can't find our information

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.