Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline for Skilled Workers with Job Offer

Wikiposts

Timeline for Skilled Workers with Job Offer

Old Mar 9th 2007, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

donwauchope has a brilliant futuredonwauchope has a brilliant futuredonwauchope has a brilliant futuredonwauchope has a brilliant futuredonwauchope has a brilliant futuredonwauchope has a brilliant future
Default Re: Timeline for Skilled Workers with Job Offer

Pleased yours has gone so well. I have still not heard anything apart from them asking me to submit a work permit application.

I had hoped to get my PR through by June as a skilled worker. I submitted a few weeks after you so maybe there is still hope.

Andrew
Old Mar 21st 2007, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

donwauchope has a brilliant futuredonwauchope has a brilliant futuredonwauchope has a brilliant futuredonwauchope has a brilliant futuredonwauchope has a brilliant futuredonwauchope has a brilliant future

Anyone in a position to update or add to this timeline?

As for me still in no man's land. There appears to be no progress on the PR under skilled worker with AEO.
Old Apr 10th 2007, 9:14 pm
Your goto Realtor

liquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the rough

Just to update my timeline. Seems they must be doing background check now. Just heard back from my future employers that they got a call from Canadian High Commision to ask some questions. I am told the call went well. Anyone else applied this way can you shade some light on how long you had to wait after they contacted employers
Old Apr 11th 2007, 10:24 pm
Forum Regular

Madhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to all

Liquidsuite;

We are following your progress with great interest, as we hope to follow the AEO route (once I find a job!). If you don't mind, I have a couple of questions:
  • Which province are you going to? I wonder if it has an impact on the time taken for HRSDC to process the AEO.
  • What are the job advertising requirements? The HRSDC website makes no mention of them.
Forgive me for being dense, but could you confirm the process:
  • Get a job offer - employer submits application for AEO to HRSDC.
  • 10 weeks later you get the AEO.
  • Submit full PR application, with AEO attached, to CHC (on Sep 14 in your case)
  • You received AOR and instruction to conduct medicals on 29 Nov.
  • Now waiting..........
When I spoke to the CHC Immigration staff at Sandown last month, they said a PR application expedited by an AEO would take between 6 and 9 months to process. I presume that is from the date of the AOR.

Best of luck!
Old Apr 12th 2007, 1:24 am
Forum Regular

skigordi has a brilliant futureskigordi has a brilliant futureskigordi has a brilliant futureskigordi has a brilliant futureskigordi has a brilliant futureskigordi has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Madhouse
Liquidsuite;

We are following your progress with great interest, as we hope to follow the AEO route (once I find a job!). If you don't mind, I have a couple of questions:
  • Which province are you going to? I wonder if it has an impact on the time taken for HRSDC to process the AEO.
  • What are the job advertising requirements? The HRSDC website makes no mention of them.
Forgive me for being dense, but could you confirm the process:
  • Submit full PR application, with AEO attached, to CHC (on Sep 14 in your case)
  • Now waiting..........
When I spoke to the CHC Immigration staff at Sandown last month, they said a PR application expedited by an AEO would take between 6 and 9 months to process. I presume that is from the date of the AOR.

Best of luck!
We came on a work permit through and intra company transfer and my company conformed in writing they would make the role permanent. Our timeline was
AOR London 13 Feb 2006
Request for updated letter from employer October 2006
Medical Request Dec 2006, Medicals Done Jan 2007
PPR Feb 26, passports returned to London Feb 28
Passports came back 5 April, Landed 9 April

Gordon
Old Apr 12th 2007, 2:30 am
Your goto Realtor

liquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Madhouse
Liquidsuite;
[*]Which province are you going to? I wonder if it has an impact on the time taken for HRSDC to process the AEO.[*]What are the job advertising requirements? The HRSDC website makes no mention of them.[/LIST]Forgive me for being dense, but could you confirm the process:
  • Now waiting..........

Best of luck!
Thanks and good luck with your too.

My future job is in Brampton, Toronto. I dont know how it effects timeline. The actually AEO only took around 10 weeks for the company to get.

Not sure what you mean by job advertising req. I found the job opening as I had already done some freelance work for them. So even before they advertised they offered me the job position.

As for the process you have it correct. Having a job offer does move things faster. I also read it is 6-9 months from AOR. My case was offically started in October. So Now I am into the 6months period. Will update my timeline if I hear anymore.
Old Apr 17th 2007, 9:19 am
Your goto Realtor

Anyone got to stage where they are doing background checks. My employers said they got a call from CIC asking them some question. The company said the call went well. Anyone else have this happen and also if so how long from when they contacted the employer to when you got passport request from CIC
Old Apr 19th 2007, 1:29 am
Your goto Realtor

Just an update to my timeline....GOT PPR TODAY yeahhhhhhhhhhh. Have already posted a new post on this in the morning but thought would update my timeline here to.
PPR today 4 months after meds taken in December. Going to take passport in next thursday and then will get VISA in couple of weeks after that I hope. Then Off I go to Canada in June or July.

Goodluck to everyone else waiting.
Old Apr 20th 2007, 1:53 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by liquidsuite
Just an update to my timeline....GOT PPR TODAY yeahhhhhhhhhhh. Have already posted a new post on this in the morning but thought would update my timeline here to.
PPR today 4 months after meds taken in December. Going to take passport in next thursday and then will get VISA in couple of weeks after that I hope. Then Off I go to Canada in June or July.

Goodluck to everyone else waiting.
Excellent news. So the AEO process works. I was told on Monday that my application submitted in September has not been opened by the case officer yet . Guess it depends on the case officer you get allocated to .
Old Apr 20th 2007, 2:30 am
Your goto Realtor

Did you submit whole application with AEO or simple method with AEO added at later date. I sent mine in September and got a the AOR in October. Normally with skilled worker application you get AOR within couple of months i think from what I read on here.
Old Apr 20th 2007, 2:37 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by liquidsuite
Did you submit whole application with AEO or simple method with AEO added at later date. I sent mine in September and got a the AOR in October. Normally with skilled worker application you get AOR within couple of months i think from what I read on here.
I submitted an LMO with my application as this is what my employer had provided following my request for a AEO. At the time I had not really understood the difference between the LMO and AEO . My error.
I guess I should adjust my time line to when I did submit the AEO (28 Jan 07).
Old Apr 27th 2007, 9:02 am
Your goto Realtor

Another Update. Gave my passport in on Thursday. I started this thread in September last year, I hope my next post on this thread will be the final part of my timeline which will be in 2 weeks time. Hopefully will have VISA in Hand and then will be so happy. Will keep you posted.
Old Apr 27th 2007, 9:15 am

Member123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry guys for butting in on this thread but it is something I am very interested in . We are currently in the process of sending resumes to employers in the hope of receiving an LMO to apply for a TW. This is the first time I have heard of AEO and wondered what it is and if this is better than the LMO route. Another stupid question - when you all talk about AOR at the start of your timelines- what does this stand for?
Old Apr 27th 2007, 10:24 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alison Annett
Sorry guys for butting in on this thread but it is something I am very interested in . We are currently in the process of sending resumes to employers in the hope of receiving an LMO to apply for a TW. This is the first time I have heard of AEO and wondered what it is and if this is better than the LMO route. Another stupid question - when you all talk about AOR at the start of your timelines- what does this stand for?
AOR is basically your receipt date. AEO is basically an LMO but it is used to bolster your application for PR and is not a right to go and work in canada straight away.
Old Apr 30th 2007, 9:39 pm

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tangram
AOR is basically your receipt date. AEO is basically an LMO but it is used to bolster your application for PR and is not a right to go and work in canada straight away.
Another confused one joining in, we were planning on OH finding job, doing LMO/HRSDC/WP, get to Canada and put in PR, because of his NOC level, I can get open WP and the Children get study permits, but I read somewhere (can't remember where) that we would all would have to go at the same time, which originally was not the plan.

Is this right, I know there are so many threads on 'how to get there', but everyone's circumstances are slightly different???

I'm getting to the stage where I read things and they just don't sink in, please help!!

Charlie

Last edited by purple80; Apr 30th 2007 at 9:53 pm. Reason: Adding info

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.