Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline for Skilled Workers with Job Offer

Timeline for Skilled Workers with Job Offer

Old Nov 3rd 2006, 11:52 am
Your goto Realtor

liquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the rough
Default Timeline for Skilled Workers with Job Offer

Hi there guys heard many time lines from people in process so thought I would start a thread so we can see how everyone is doing and dates and stages there at. I applied September 14th so still waiting for my intial letter back from them with hopefully a file number. Be great to hear from other who have applied as skilled worker with an AEO HRDC approved job offer.
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 9:45 pm
Forum Regular

snoopymccrew is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Timeline for Skilled Workers with Job Offer

Originally Posted by liquidsuite
Hi there guys heard many time lines from people in process so thought I would start a thread so we can see how everyone is doing and dates and stages there at. I applied September 14th so still waiting for my intial letter back from them with hopefully a file number. Be great to hear from other who have applied as skilled worker with an AEO HRDC approved job offer.
Hey Liquidsuite,

I will be joining you soon in that wait. Just taking me longer than I expected to gather all documents. Currently waiting for my old employer to write me a letter confirming my previous supervisory employment. Good news is I've started working back there again (they called when they found out I was back from Canada) and they've given me permission to dig out my old files. Got AEO HRDC approval a week or so ago.

Good luck with your wait!
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 9:57 pm
Your goto Realtor

liquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the rough

I had same prob getting all the docs specially from old places I have worked. Some corporate companies are funny about stuff like that. Specailly as you need signed letters. After long wait manage to get them all togather. Took me a month to get it all as police docs also take time to get. Good luck putting yours togather. This place is fantastic and helped me loads while putting my application togather.
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 10:09 pm
Forum Regular

I had same prob getting all the docs specially from old places I have worked. Some corporate companies are funny about stuff like that. Specailly as you need signed letters. After long wait manage to get them all togather. Took me a month to get it all as police docs also take time to get. Good luck putting yours togather. This place is fantastic and helped me loads while putting my application togather.
Liquidsuite - I've been gathering all I can since I got back from Toronto early Sept. I'm champing at the bit to get this all together but I want to make sure everything's in place. Did you get your app checked over by an expert before sending it off? I'm thinking about doing so.
Old Nov 5th 2006, 10:05 am
Your goto Realtor

No I did not get mine checked by an expert. I was quite confident I filled it properly. I also put cover letter in front of some sections. I followed both guides and checklist which are on the canada CIC and the UK one as they are both slightly diferent.
I just checked everything through properly until I was 100% happy to send it. Also this forum has so many experts and people that have been through process so they helped alot.
Old Nov 5th 2006, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

No I did not get mine checked by an expert. I was quite confident I filled it properly. I also put cover letter in front of some sections. I followed both guides and checklist which are on the canada CIC and the UK one as they are both slightly diferent.
I just checked everything through properly until I was 100% happy to send it. Also this forum has so many experts and people that have been through process so they helped alot.
Yeah, this forum is a godsend! Still waiting on my boss to finish the damn letter! lol. Will let you know when I've sent it off.

No-one else here applied skilled worker with AEO? Anyone?
Old Nov 5th 2006, 10:24 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snoopymccrew
Hey Liquidsuite,

I will be joining you soon in that wait. Just taking me longer than I expected to gather all documents. Currently waiting for my old employer to write me a letter confirming my previous supervisory employment. Good news is I've started working back there again (they called when they found out I was back from Canada) and they've given me permission to dig out my old files. Got AEO HRDC approval a week or so ago.

Good luck with your wait!

Hi Liquid

Not going thru AEO route but am going thru LMO route -but how long did it take for your AEO approval to come thru from HRDSC

Thanks
Gaynor
Old Nov 5th 2006, 10:29 am
Your goto Realtor

Originally Posted by burton bunch
Hi Liquid

Not going thru AEO route but am going thru LMO route -but how long did it take for your AEO approval to come thru from HRDSC

Thanks
Gaynor
Hi I think it was around 10 weeks from when the company sent AEO application to HRDC to when I they got letter. Also half way through HRDC contacts company to ask for more company info. At that stage I was worried I had not got it. I had my whole skilled worker application done and also filled out simple process application as well. If I did not get it I could only send intial forms and nothing else. But lucky I got it so was able to send whole thing in in one go.
How long have you been waiting for your LMO?
Old Nov 5th 2006, 10:36 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Hi I think it was around 10 weeks from when the company sent AEO application to HRDC to when I they got letter. Also half way through HRDC contacts company to ask for more company info. At that stage I was worried I had not got it. I had my whole skilled worker application done and also filled out simple process application as well. If I did not get it I could only send intial forms and nothing else. But lucky I got it so was able to send whole thing in in one go.
How long have you been waiting for your LMO?

Hi Liquid

Have been waiting since 3rd week in September as immigration lawyer was unhappy with the amount of national advertising for the position being assessed so it caused a delay of about 5 weeks for us - but hopefully it will solidify the application.

Just wanted to know if AEO's took less time than LMO's.

There are people who have already been waiting 12 weeks from Edmonton and still no news - off the 12 week guideline ours is due mid December - only to be held up by xmas mail
Old Nov 5th 2006, 11:50 am
Your goto Realtor

I dont know which ones faster. I have heard LMO is but is that not for a diferent situation?
Old Nov 5th 2006, 12:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

I dont know which ones faster. I have heard LMO is but is that not for a diferent situation?

Differences between LMO and AEO are :

LMO needs national advertising of the job and AEO doesnt - only local and provincial.

With AEO you submit this with PR - therefore makes PR application quicker

LMO - go on a work permit and apply for PR when you actually get to Canada and you could also need various other permits with you not being a PR such as study and an open work permit for any spouse accompanying you.

Must be a similar process at HRDSC for the two different ways and that is why the wait for approval is the same length of time
Old Feb 7th 2007, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

donwauchope has a brilliant futuredonwauchope has a brilliant futuredonwauchope has a brilliant futuredonwauchope has a brilliant futuredonwauchope has a brilliant futuredonwauchope has a brilliant future

Hi,

My PR application as a skilled worker was submitted on 23 Sept. Got a letter in Dec advising me to apply for a work permit as I had submitted a LMO and not an AEO.

Had taken me 3 months to collect all the necessary documentation.

Subsequently submitted an AEO at the end of January (one month to get from service Canada).

Decided to submit the work permit application anyway last week.

Look forward to seeing progress soon.

Andrew
Old Feb 8th 2007, 7:50 pm
Your goto Realtor

Just an update since I started this post.
Applied September 18th 2006
AOR November 29th 2006
Medical Request 29th 2006....Taken on December 7th

Now I guess next stage will be final answer of yes or no on if I get this. So just waiting until then.

Good Luck to everyone else who is applying.
Old Feb 9th 2007, 4:03 pm
Yorkshire meets Vegas

Pretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond repute

Wow thats fast eh!
Old Mar 8th 2007, 11:05 am
Your goto Realtor

Is anyone else at same stage as I am via skilled worker route. My time line is above in previous post. Just wondered how long people had to wait after medical and between passport request and visa.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.