Time Scale for PR

Old Jul 22nd 2013, 1:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

karla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant future
Default Time Scale for PR

First off I just want to say sorry if this is a repeated thread - but I honestly can't find the answer to my question.

Right, at the minute I am applying for Simon's GCSE results from the Welsh Exam board to show he has proof of secondary education. Th next thing I am looking at is the IELTS Test. I know that he needs to sit it but was wondering if he should do it here or in Canada. They are vaild for 2 years and was wondering if this is enough time to go from a TWP to Applying for PR.

We will be going to Alberta and just need some up to date information on time scales. Also is it just him that needs all this information or both of us for PR? It may not be the right page to post this but any help from Truckers is a little more helpful as that what Simons job is x

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Last edited by Sue; Jul 22nd 2013 at 2:20 pm. Reason: Moved from Truckers forum
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 2:13 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Time Scale for PR

Originally Posted by karla03
We will be going to Alberta and just need some up to date information on time scales. Also is it just him that needs all this information or both of us for PR? It may not be the right page to post this but any help from Truckers is a little more helpful as that what Simons job is
I understand why you'd ask it here, but really any visa related queries should be posted in the immigration section of the Canada forum - as helpful as the truckers are here, they may not be up to date on the immigration changes like the pros in the immi forum will be!
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 10:36 pm
Forum Regular

Red1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Time Scale for PR

Hi my husband sat the test in April (passed thankfully).

Depending on where you live the main centre for Alberta is Calgary. The cost was $289 for the exam.

If we had known before coming in 2012 he would have preferred to of completed in the UK. This is only to feel more at ease. The test is all the same where ever it is booked. We booked through the british council even though already based in Alberta, all done on line, but payment had to be sent via post, however I think this will differ depending who you book through.

At present for PR it is just him, but if you wish to apply for citizenship after your qualifying period then you will too.

Tell him it is well worth downloading and printing the example & practice test for the IELTS... link below. It help a great deal with my husband.

http://www.ielts.org/test_takers_inf...st_sample.aspx

Hope this helps and good luck.

Last edited by Red1974; Jul 22nd 2013 at 10:39 pm.