Wikiposts

Time Line for PR via Spousal

Old Jun 15th 2010, 2:17 am
Forum Regular

LandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant future
Default Re: Time Line for PR via Spousal

Originally Posted by FStone
PPR FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are so over the moon, I burst into tears when hubby showed me the e-mail! We have our flights booked for July 6th! We called work and cancelled our shifts on Thursday and are off to drop off passport in person! We pick it up on the 1st of July, 5 days before we fly! What a deadline.

Thanks to everyone for listening to me moan, you deserve a medal! Good luck to those who are still waiting, it was like someone was pouring salt into my wounds when everyone else was getting PPR. Those feelings are all gone now and they will be for you very very soon! Keep your chins up, it will be your turn soon!

YAYAYAAAYAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! We are on cloud 9, out tonight to celebrate! It is our one year anniversary on Saturday - what a great early anniversary gift for the two of us!
Congrats Fstone, its good that it made it in time. Make sure you let the embassy know when you drop it off that you will by flying out 5 days after the 2 week processing time so that they have it ready for you. Did London have it for 3months? if thats right then its really not bad processing time.

L and C
Old Jun 15th 2010, 2:37 am
Just Joined

Colocally is an unknown quantity at this point

Visa Office......: London
App. Filed.......: 27-07-09
File Transfer...: 04-08-09
Med's Done....: 15-06-09
Interview........: Not required.
Passport Req..: 12-11-09
VISA ISSUED...: 09-12-09
LANDED..........: 09-01-10
Old Jun 15th 2010, 2:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Lethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really nice

PPR FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are so over the moon, I burst into tears when hubby showed me the e-mail! We have our flights booked for July 6th! We called work and cancelled our shifts on Thursday and are off to drop off passport in person! We pick it up on the 1st of July, 5 days before we fly! What a deadline.

Thanks to everyone for listening to me moan, you deserve a medal! Good luck to those who are still waiting, it was like someone was pouring salt into my wounds when everyone else was getting PPR. Those feelings are all gone now and they will be for you very very soon! Keep your chins up, it will be your turn soon!

YAYAYAAAYAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! We are on cloud 9, out tonight to celebrate! It is our one year anniversary on Saturday - what a great early anniversary gift for the two of us!
Congratulations FStone! Thats great news! x
Old Jun 15th 2010, 2:46 am
Just Joined

Colocally is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by louiseeg
also, who gets the email?

the person being sponsored - me i live in the uk

or

person sponsoring - my husband whom is in canada???
The person being sponsored.
Old Jun 15th 2010, 4:06 am
Forum Regular

FStone is just really niceFStone is just really niceFStone is just really niceFStone is just really niceFStone is just really niceFStone is just really niceFStone is just really niceFStone is just really nice

Here is my timeline:
Arrived at CPC-M: 27.01.2010
Approval letter sent: 23.02.2010
CIC-London started processing: 10.03.2010
Request for additional documents: 08.04.2010
Additional documents received at CIC-London: 12.04.2010
E-mail from CIC-London wanting to confirm address: 03.06.2010
PPR: 15.06.2010

My husband, who is the applicant (sponsored person) received the e-mail!

Good luck hun!
Old Jun 15th 2010, 4:09 am
Forum Regular

louiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant future

Hey FStone, im so glad that you guys finally got your PR, i hope i dont have to wait long. Im going out next month whatever anyways, as i need to sort things out for our august wedding - the one family and friends are coming to. So maybe when im back in august i will hear.

Im not very good at waiting anymore ha.

Congrats again, so when you moving? which company you using?
Old Jun 15th 2010, 4:27 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat005 is an unknown quantity at this point

If any of you have flights already booked I would recommend the "drop off" route when you get your PPR rather than postal,

I've been waiting over seven weeks for passport to be returned and just received the following response from CHC London...

Please be advised that due to the volume of correspondence we are currently receiving, incoming documents (including passports) are taking up to 2 or 2.5 months to process. Once our mail department forwards your passport to the visa department, your passport and visa should be returned to you within a matter of weeks.
Old Jun 15th 2010, 4:39 am
Forum Regular

FStone is just really niceFStone is just really niceFStone is just really niceFStone is just really niceFStone is just really niceFStone is just really niceFStone is just really niceFStone is just really nice

Originally Posted by SNKH
If any of you have flights already booked I would recommend the "drop off" route when you get your PPR rather than postal,

I've been waiting over seven weeks for passport to be returned and just received the following response from CHC London...

Please be advised that due to the volume of correspondence we are currently receiving, incoming documents (including passports) are taking up to 2 or 2.5 months to process. Once our mail department forwards your passport to the visa department, your passport and visa should be returned to you within a matter of weeks.
Thanks for everyone's comments, we are so excited! As I stated in my post we are intending to drop off pp in person this thursday and it will be ready 10 working days (or the second thursday after dropping off pp) as per the guidelines sent in the e-mail! We will pick it up in person on July 1st! 5 days before flying out, perfect time!

good luck to all!
Old Jun 15th 2010, 6:46 am
Just Joined

luckyjon is an unknown quantity at this point

Got my PR today!

And I know that I should be excited, but it's actually the worst possible timing!

I have a flight booked for June 28th, so with that flight I won't be able to drop-off the passport and pick it up in time...to make matters worse, when I get to Canada I have a 3 week holiday in the States planned, so I would be cutting it really fine to have my passport in London by the 45 day deadline.

So, I have two options. Get my flight on June 28th, skip the holiday and wait 2 - 2.5 months for the passport to come back. Or, I cancel my flight (it's non-refundable and non-transferable) and get a new one for after I pick it up.

If I'd got this request a week ago I would be fine!

What's also odd is that they actually sent me the passport request in reply to an email I sent them yesterday changing my UK address to a Canadian one...makes you wonder whether those with a Canadian address are being processed any faster.

If anyone has any ideas I am currently wide open to them!
Old Jun 15th 2010, 7:07 am
Forum Regular

louiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant future

luckyjon - when did they start processing your application in london?
Old Jun 15th 2010, 7:24 am
Just Joined

luckyjon is an unknown quantity at this point

March 26th...so I was like a lot of you and worried something had gone wrong!
Old Jun 15th 2010, 8:53 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by louiseeg
also, who gets the email?

the person being sponsored - me i live in the uk

or

person sponsoring - my husband whom is in canada???
Whoever's email address you put on your application

Old Jun 16th 2010, 8:27 am
Forum Regular

can someone explain the dual intent thing to me?

As i am going over to canada end of july as we are having a bigger wedding in august 14th - just wondering if i go can i stay there until i hear back from london?

also, what would i do about shipping my things?

am really hating all this flying now, and spending all this money - had a horrible flight back in may - just thought i would ask.
Old Jun 16th 2010, 10:50 am
Just Joined

Allyb1966 is an unknown quantity at this point

As you can see from my signature, I've been waiting a while, and still have no idea as to when the approval will be...

Good Luck to all.
Old Jun 16th 2010, 10:56 am
Just Joined

Allyb1966 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am starting to get really pissed off with London! How can they approve people who sent in months after others? It is just sooo not fair!!!!
Every Time I try to get an answer to the process of my application is the following...

"Please be advised that the application is with the immigration officer for review.

Yours sincerely,

ACD"

This has been going on since last year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.