Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Time between paying RTPR Fee and getting PR

Time between paying RTPR Fee and getting PR

Old Mar 29th 2013, 7:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Geordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Time between paying RTPR Fee and getting PR

Hi guys

We paid this a week ago - does anyone know when we will get COPR?

As usual the email was completely confusing. We had to pay the fee and then email them the receipt - go figure that one...

So they said on the email that we do not need to submit passports to complete the application. So what do they do now? Send us a COPR (what is it - like a letter?) and then we take that to the border to activate?

It also talks about sending them documents but as they haven't requested any I presume that paying the fee is enough?

Even I am stunned at the IT systems...

Thanks guys.
Old Mar 29th 2013, 8:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

GC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Time between paying RTPR Fee and getting PR

Took 2 days between paying RTPR fee and internet site updating to "decision made". Been waiting over 2 weeks now for anything in the post !
Old Mar 30th 2013, 3:46 pm
finally together...

__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute

we were asked for our RPR fee before threy had even had our meds. now they have had it all for over two months and we are still waiting for a decision on the medicals!

driving me insane not knowing!
Old Mar 30th 2013, 10:27 pm
Forum Regular

alexbellamy is just really nicealexbellamy is just really nicealexbellamy is just really nicealexbellamy is just really nicealexbellamy is just really nicealexbellamy is just really nicealexbellamy is just really nicealexbellamy is just really nicealexbellamy is just really nicealexbellamy is just really nicealexbellamy is just really nice

3 weeks and counting now. I read over on canadianvisa forums that 4-6 weeks seems the norm at the moment.
Old Mar 31st 2013, 2:01 am
BE Enthusiast

GC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond repute

BerensRiver2 got there letter in 2 weeks according to a previous recent post on this forum.
Can't come soon enough!
Old Mar 31st 2013, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

ziggy1642 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Geordie Lass
Hi guys

As usual the email was completely confusing. We had to pay the fee and then email them the receipt - go figure that one...

So they said on the email that we do not need to submit passports to complete the application. So what do they do now? Send us a COPR (what is it - like a letter?) and then we take that to the border to activate?

It also talks about sending them documents but as they haven't requested any I presume that paying the fee is enough?

Thanks guys.
Our application was under CEC, we had our medicals Oct 2012. RPRF requested with copies of passport pages on 1st February 2013. They were submitted and received on 7th February. We are still waiting and it will be two months on Monday.
Old Mar 31st 2013, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

Aqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to all

When I paid my fee it took 6 weeks to receive the COPR, I think the time lne varies to accommodate the work load they have in the different offices.

The website changed from in progress to Decision made within 3 days.

If you hold a UK passport then they will request passport copies!

Good luck

Last edited by Aqua; Mar 31st 2013 at 2:11 pm. Reason: Forgot to mention website
Old Mar 31st 2013, 11:16 pm
Forum Regular

RoMo82 is an unknown quantity at this point

I paid my RPRF on 29th Feb and have heard nothing since, no update on ECAS or anything. I sent a copy by email to London and hard copy to Mississauga incase. Its been showing Medicals received since Nov on my update and thats all its ever shown, its a pathetic chain of information, anyway i hope my confirmation comes through soon cos my visitors visa expires on May 12 and i have a 2 month old baby and a wife i'll have to leave behind and go back to the UK till it gets done.
Have been debating on applying for an extension but i dont know if it will complicate things, anyone got advice for that?
Old Apr 2nd 2013, 6:40 pm
Forum Regular

Shaun_and_Em is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Geordie Lass
Hi guys

Thanks guys.
COPR are legal letter sized documents, they will have yours, <edited to remove names at OP's request> information on. You take your passport and COPR to the border or immigration office and that's about it. You have one copy, they keep the other and then your card takes about 8 weeks to come through

Awesome news!!

Last edited by Siouxie; Apr 3rd 2013 at 1:37 am.