Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

A Thread for allApplicants dealing in"anyway" with LosAngeles Embassy in 2004/2005 !!

A Thread for allApplicants dealing in"anyway" with LosAngeles Embassy in 2004/2005 !!

Old Nov 27th 2004, 7:03 am
Just Joined

sam5099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default A Thread for allApplicants dealing in"anyway" with LosAngeles Embassy in 2004/2005 !!

hi Friends and Members ,

i wanted to start a THREAD for all those applicants like me ,who had their PR INTERVIEWS in LOS ANGELES,California on anyday in the year of 2004.but i felt that enlarging the category to cover more cases which deal with specifically the LOS ANGELES CONSULATE will help more people.

kindly share all your times and cases.Applicants of years 2003,2002,2001 or anyone who is "anyway" dealing with the L.A embassy,can also post if they had received Interview & Landing Papers in 2004 or are waiting for them to come in 2005 . hope all applicants of specifically LOS ANGELES embassy will respond.

...........my timeline is.....
my AOR was March 8,2002
did medicals Jan 22,2003
PR interview in L.A on FEB 23,2004..was okayed.
sent all docs reqd.
but no PP request yet ,no replies to faxes.
wish you all well
Sam
Old Dec 1st 2004, 6:55 pm
Dee

deepasunil is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: A Thread for allApplicants dealing in"anyway" with LosAngeles Embassy in 2004/2005 !!

Sam , my case is very smiliar to yours. I applied in Nov 2002 , and my interview was in LA on April 2004 . Submitted all the required docs , but havent heard from them since then . The e-client status says in process - "Interview scheduled for april 2004 ". No reply for faxes. I presume the back ground check is going on but nobody has confirmed that . My medical will be expiring pretty soon .
Old Dec 15th 2004, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

ihassan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: A Thread for allApplicants dealing in"anyway" with LosAngeles Embassy in 2004/2005 !!

I applied in Nov 2002. My interview was held in May 2004. Medicals and landing fees were sent in June 04. Passport request recieved in October 2004.

When were you medicals done? and have you paid your landing fees. what did the visa officer said at the end of your interview>??

Originally Posted by deepasunil
Sam , my case is very smiliar to yours. I applied in Nov 2002 , and my interview was in LA on April 2004 . Submitted all the required docs , but havent heard from them since then . The e-client status says in process - "Interview scheduled for april 2004 ". No reply for faxes. I presume the back ground check is going on but nobody has confirmed that . My medical will be expiring pretty soon .
Old Dec 15th 2004, 2:49 pm
Dee

deepasunil is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: A Thread for allApplicants dealing in"anyway" with LosAngeles Embassy in 2004/200

Hassan ,

The visa officer asked me to get the medicals done and pay in the landing fees .

My medical request came in before the interview but I did my medical after the interview . The medicals were done in May 2004 and I paid my landing fees too . No news after that . Eclient says " IN PROGRESS" and
"INTERVIEW SCHEDULED FOR APRIL 2004" , am tired of seeing that status

Was your interview in LA?

Originally Posted by ihassan
I applied in Nov 2002. My interview was held in May 2004. Medicals and landing fees were sent in June 04. Passport request recieved in October 2004.

When were you medicals done? and have you paid your landing fees. what did the visa officer said at the end of your interview>??
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Old Jul 7th 2005, 11:45 pm
Just Joined

sharon2005 is an unknown quantity at this point

My husband has applied for me and I'm still waiting for my interview.
Does it take 2-3 years cuz I'm getting so tired of this now.
Please respond.

We received the application on June 23, 2004. Thank you.
We sent you a letter on July 15, 2004 about the decision on your application.

We started processing your application on August 12, 2004.

We transferred your application to the Los Angeles office on February 10, 2005. The Los Angeles office may contact you.
Old Jul 8th 2005, 5:16 pm
Just Joined

HarshJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: A Thread for allApplicants dealing in"anyway" with LosAngeles Embassy in 2004/200

Originally Posted by sharon2005
My husband has applied for me and I'm still waiting for my interview.
Does it take 2-3 years cuz I'm getting so tired of this now.
Please respond.

We received the application on June 23, 2004. Thank you.
We sent you a letter on July 15, 2004 about the decision on your application.

We started processing your application on August 12, 2004.

We transferred your application to the Los Angeles office on February 10, 2005. The Los Angeles office may contact you.
Hi, I am a big fan of this portal as it provides a great deal of information for us applying for the process of immigration...This is the first time I am posting, but I am an avid reader of all the posts on this website for last six months or so, since I first came across this website.

Here is my time-line for immigration to Canada thru the Buffalo office under the Skilled Workers category (me and my spouse had a cumulative score of 76 points, so it seemed reasonably sure of going thru successfully):
  1. Sent application to the Buffalo office in Sept 2003
  2. Received acknowledgement for the application in Nov 2003
  3. Received request for Police Clearance Certs from India and the US in May 2004
  4. Submitted Police Clearance Certs from India and the US in July 2004
  5. Received request for interview in Aug 2004 at the Los Angeles Consulate
  6. Attended the interview in Feb 2005 at the LA consulate. The interviewer suggested that she would recommend issuance of visa once the medicals are submitted and if there are no issues with further documentation.
  7. Medicals sent in April 2005 to the LA consulate
  8. Received the request for passports in June 2005
  9. Sent passports on July 06 2005
  10. Awaiting return of passports with the immigrant visas and COPR cards for myself and my spouse
Surprisingly my eclient online status still shows In Process....But hey I guess that doesnt bother me any more....
Old Jul 8th 2005, 5:42 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: A Thread for allApplicants dealing in"anyway" with LosAngeles Embassy in 2004/200

but I'm getting sponsered by my husband. Shouldn't it take less time?

Originally Posted by HarshJ
Hi, I am a big fan of this portal as it provides a great deal of information for us applying for the process of immigration...This is the first time I am posting, but I am an avid reader of all the posts on this website for last six months or so, since I first came across this website.

Here is my time-line for immigration to Canada thru the Buffalo office under the Skilled Workers category (me and my spouse had a cumulative score of 76 points, so it seemed reasonably sure of going thru successfully):
  1. Sent application to the Buffalo office in Sept 2003
  2. Received acknowledgement for the application in Nov 2003
  3. Received request for Police Clearance Certs from India and the US in May 2004
  4. Submitted Police Clearance Certs from India and the US in July 2004
  5. Received request for interview in Aug 2004 at the Los Angeles Consulate
  6. Attended the interview in Feb 2005 at the LA consulate. The interviewer suggested that she would recommend issuance of visa once the medicals are submitted and if there are no issues with further documentation.
  7. Medicals sent in April 2005 to the LA consulate
  8. Received the request for passports in June 2005
  9. Sent passports on July 06 2005
  10. Awaiting return of passports with the immigrant visas and COPR cards for myself and my spouse
Surprisingly my eclient online status still shows In Process....But hey I guess that doesnt bother me any more....
Old Jul 8th 2005, 9:05 pm
Just Joined

Panachakkal is an unknown quantity at this point

I was asked to attend an interview in LA by the Buffalo consulate. This was sometime back in Jan 2004. As per CAIPS notes the file was transferred to LA in Sept 2004. After that no news from LA, despite various faxes for status.

AOR Jan 2003
IA- Jan 2004

Panachakkal

Originally Posted by sam5099
hi Friends and Members ,

i wanted to start a THREAD for all those applicants like me ,who had their PR INTERVIEWS in LOS ANGELES,California on anyday in the year of 2004.but i felt that enlarging the category to cover more cases which deal with specifically the LOS ANGELES CONSULATE will help more people.

kindly share all your times and cases.Applicants of years 2003,2002,2001 or anyone who is "anyway" dealing with the L.A embassy,can also post if they had received Interview & Landing Papers in 2004 or are waiting for them to come in 2005 . hope all applicants of specifically LOS ANGELES embassy will respond.

my AOR was March 8,2002
did medicals Jan 22,2003
sent all docs reqd.
wish you all well
Sam
Old Jul 8th 2005, 9:41 pm
Just Joined

who sponsered you?

Originally Posted by Panachakkal
I was asked to attend an interview in LA by the Buffalo consulate. This was sometime back in Jan 2004. As per CAIPS notes the file was transferred to LA in Sept 2004. After that no news from LA, despite various faxes for status.

AOR Jan 2003
IA- Jan 2004

Panachakkal
Old Jul 8th 2005, 10:47 pm
Forum Regular

SKBT8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Re: A Thread for allApplicants dealing in"anyway" with LosAngeles Embassy in 2004/2005 !!

Originally Posted by sam5099
hi Friends and Members ,

my AOR was March 8,2002
did medicals Jan 22,2003
sent all docs reqd.
wish you all well
Sam
Still waiting for an interview in LA no date/time given yet my file was transferred on 24 th Feb. 2005, every thing else has been completed except SELDEC, BDEC has a date but no number against it. How long did it take for you guys to receive the date/time from the time the file is transferred? What is involved in the interview?
Thanks
Old Jul 8th 2005, 10:50 pm
Just Joined

I'm waiting for an interview letter as well

Originally Posted by SKBT8
Still waiting for an interview in LA no date/time given yet my file was transferred on 24 th Feb. 2005, every thing else has been completed except SELDEC, BDEC has a date but no number against it. How long did it take for you guys to receive the date/time from the time the file is transferred? What is involved in the interview?
Thanks
Old Jul 9th 2005, 3:10 am
Just Joined

mw2003 is an unknown quantity at this point

Here is my timeline:

Mar 2003 AOR
Sep 2004 Interview in LA
Oct 2004 Medical done and paid ROLF

Now still waiting. (Skilled worker)