Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Are there any Nov 2004 AOR still waiting for medicals?

Are there any Nov 2004 AOR still waiting for medicals?

Old May 26th 2007, 8:15 pm
Just Joined

Bev_S is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Are there any Nov 2004 AOR still waiting for medicals?

We sent back our updated info in November 2006, and haven't heard a peep since. Are we the only ones waiting on this timeline?
Old May 26th 2007, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

Karen1 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Are there any Nov 2004 AOR still waiting for medicals?

Originally Posted by BevS
We sent back our updated info in November 2006, and haven't heard a peep since. Are we the only ones waiting on this timeline?
No you're not alone - if you do a search you will find quite a few applicants with a similar timeline waiting for medicals. Our AOR is 20 Aug 04 and we're still waiting.

Hope this reassures you a little.

Karen

Last edited by Karen1; May 26th 2007 at 8:37 pm. Reason: Typo
Old May 26th 2007, 8:50 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for this Karen, it must be worse for you than for me. I reckon the guys who are deaing with our files only work p/t. Either that or our life history is so interesting! Yes I have looked at similar threads, but was unsure where they were at now. I have also just read the CAIPS news about requests for files taking up to 6 weeks, who knows we may have heard by then. Oh happy days!
Old May 26th 2007, 9:15 pm
Forum Regular

Karen1 will become famous soon enough

Thanks for this Karen, it must be worse for you than for me. I reckon the guys who are deaing with our files only work p/t. Either that or our life history is so interesting! Yes I have looked at similar threads, but was unsure where they were at now. I have also just read the CAIPS news about requests for files taking up to 6 weeks, who knows we may have heard by then. Oh happy days!
Glad you feel better Bev - it is frustrating but I'm assuming that like you our life history is so interesting they don't want to part with our file.

Seriously though, we've moved address 6 times since we were 18, had 5 jobs and I have 4 brothers and 1 sister, so background checks will take longer than applicants who rarely move and have no siblings. Just a thought - either that or your theory about the case officer working part time may hold some water. What ever the reason, I wish they'd hurray up. We're now in our 34th month since sending our application - I thought we would be on our way by now, but I have to believe that when the time is right for us all it will happen.

Good luck with the rest of your application and I hope you get your medical requests soon.
Old May 27th 2007, 8:38 am
Just Joined

Similar to you, we have moved 8 times since we were 18, twice since we started this process! , I have 1 sister but only 3 brothers. Now, as we had anticipated but were hoping not, our three children have all moved on so it looks as if hubby and I will be going it alone. In the meantime we have been going to Canada to check out where we would like to live and what's about.
Regards
Bev
Old May 27th 2007, 9:29 am
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Not Sure that number of addresses has much of an effect-I had 5 different addresses in one year! On our form I had to go onto a separate Sheet of paper. I think In total there were 20+ addresses on my app. Granted Some of them were repeats! Oh the Joys of being a student! Still I realise that this is of no help or Comfort to you-sorry
Old May 27th 2007, 10:58 am
Just Joined

trevie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
Our AOR was around 20th August 2004. Heard nothing for ages,then suddenly. April this year we had our medical request. 2 weeks later we had our medicals , then last week we were asked for our passports. Going so quick now....
You should hear very soon
Old May 28th 2007, 8:54 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
Not Sure that number of addresses has much of an effect-I had 5 different addresses in one year! On our form I had to go onto a separate Sheet of paper. I think In total there were 20+ addresses on my app. Granted Some of them were repeats! Oh the Joys of being a student! Still I realise that this is of no help or Comfort to you-sorry
That's OK, thinking of different reasons for not hearing, puts off the dreadful thought of not getting through. I'll keep dreaming!
Old May 28th 2007, 9:06 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by trevie
Hi,
Our AOR was around 20th August 2004. Heard nothing for ages,then suddenly. April this year we had our medical request. 2 weeks later we had our medicals , then last week we were asked for our passports. Going so quick now....
You should hear very soon
Thank you
This is the boost I need, in theory, judging from your timeline compared to ours we could hear in early July. Back to my dreams!
Old May 28th 2007, 9:19 am
Just Joined

Thank you
This is the boost I need, in theory, judging from your timeline compared to ours we could hear in early July. Back to my dreams!
Yes, You should hear in the next few weeks, Good luck.
Bit of advice. If you live or can get to Slough very easily, book your medicals there. Quick turnaround and booking.
Old May 28th 2007, 9:41 am
Just Joined

Yes, You should hear in the next few weeks, Good luck.
Bit of advice. If you live or can get to Slough very easily, book your medicals there. Quick turnaround and booking.
We're in Kent so Slough not too far away. Can you please advise where I can get information of consultants who carry out the medicals and what they entail. Thank you
Old May 28th 2007, 9:47 am
Just Joined

We're in Kent so Slough not too far away. Can you please advise where I can get information of consultants who carry out the medicals and what they entail. Thank you
Hi,
Try this..... www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medical.aspx

(Sorry practitioner is in Croydon,Mary Whitehead)
Old May 28th 2007, 9:55 am
Just Joined

Hi,
Try this..... www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medical.aspx

(Sorry practitioner is in Croydon,Mary Whitehead)
Thank you
Old May 28th 2007, 9:57 am
Just Joined

Thank you
Thats ok.
Anymore info just ask!!