Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

temporary canada visa during PR process..

temporary canada visa during PR process..

Old Feb 27th 2004, 5:09 am
anthony2005

Default temporary canada visa during PR process..

hello,
I have some questions on staying in canada on temporary visa during PR precess.

i am waiting for PR application assessment (skilled worker class) now. my application was filed in buffalo office and currently i am in usa on f-1 visa (student). if it takes longer than i expected to receive PR card, i think i have to leave usa because i am not a usa citizen or permanent resident.

if i go to canada with temporary visa such as student visa, work permit before i get PR card and if i notify them (buffalo office)the change of my resident address, do they send PR card to canada directly? i heard if i leave usa during PR PROCESS, i have to transfer my entire file to one of the other consulate offices. and my processing will be started from the beginning.

how about moving to canada with temporary visa? as long as i stay in canada, doesn't it matter? as you know, buffalo office receives application from canada too.

Please advise me. thanks. anthony.