Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

teaching in ontario -should i be main applicant

teaching in ontario -should i be main applicant

Old Aug 21st 2009, 12:26 pm
Just Joined

lupo72 has a brilliant futurelupo72 has a brilliant futurelupo72 has a brilliant futurelupo72 has a brilliant futurelupo72 has a brilliant futurelupo72 has a brilliant future
Default teaching in ontario -should i be main applicant

Hi
Am in process of applying for pr (Just got doc request last month) When we initially filled out forms back in 2007, I put myself as main applicant (a teacher) but after reading up was wondering whether my husband should have been main applicant (wireless marketing (technical) manager). Should we change application or leave it? On most articles it states that you should have a job offer to get in and there is no chance of that for me as a teacher. Did anyone get accepted without a job offer?
Lu
Old Aug 21st 2009, 4:46 pm
Forum Regular

Northernlass1 has a brilliant futureNorthernlass1 has a brilliant futureNorthernlass1 has a brilliant futureNorthernlass1 has a brilliant futureNorthernlass1 has a brilliant futureNorthernlass1 has a brilliant futureNorthernlass1 has a brilliant future
Default Re: teaching in ontario -should i be main applicant

I too am the main applicant and have AOR of July 2007. I'm using NOC 4131 as I meet the duties that are required. I have no job to go to as it isn't a requirement of pre 2008 applicants unless you need the points and its unlikely I'd get one before landing. I will be seriously job hunting once landed though and have already made some good contacts. Hubby is GP but isn't main applicant as even though there is a doctor shortage he hasn't a cat in hells chance of working without retaking qualifications which after 25 years as a GP he's not too pleased at having to do. He will find alternative work. Unless an expert on here says otherwise I'd stay as you are...it may be that you can't change even if you wanted to.
Old Aug 27th 2009, 2:15 pm
Just Joined

lupo72 has a brilliant futurelupo72 has a brilliant futurelupo72 has a brilliant futurelupo72 has a brilliant futurelupo72 has a brilliant futurelupo72 has a brilliant future

Thanks for the advice - good luck with your application process
Old Aug 27th 2009, 6:52 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Northernlass1
I too am the main applicant and have AOR of July 2007. I'm using NOC 4131 as I meet the duties that are required. I have no job to go to as it isn't a requirement of pre 2008 applicants unless you need the points and its unlikely I'd get one before landing. I will be seriously job hunting once landed though and have already made some good contacts. Hubby is GP but isn't main applicant as even though there is a doctor shortage he hasn't a cat in hells chance of working without retaking qualifications which after 25 years as a GP he's not too pleased at having to do. He will find alternative work. Unless an expert on here says otherwise I'd stay as you are...it may be that you can't change even if you wanted to.

You are correct, you can't change the principle applicant.
Old Aug 28th 2009, 9:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

bodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by lupo72
Hi
Am in process of applying for pr (Just got doc request last month) When we initially filled out forms back in 2007, I put myself as main applicant (a teacher) but after reading up was wondering whether my husband should have been main applicant (wireless marketing (technical) manager). Should we change application or leave it? On most articles it states that you should have a job offer to get in and there is no chance of that for me as a teacher. Did anyone get accepted without a job offer?
Lu
Doesn't matter who is the main applicant as long as you have enough points. It may have made a difference in the new system if one of your occupations isn't on the list of 38, but you are on the old.

Arranged employment is going to get you 10 points. If you have calculated your points correctly and you qualify without that extra 10, then it makes no difference whether you have a job offer or not to your qualification.
Old Aug 28th 2009, 10:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

bodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Northernlass1
I too am the main applicant and have AOR of July 2007. I'm using NOC 4131 as I meet the duties that are required. I have no job to go to as it isn't a requirement of pre 2008 applicants unless you need the points and its unlikely I'd get one before landing.
It isn't a requirement under the new rules either.