Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Sydney timelines, please post yours

Sydney timelines, please post yours

Old Feb 13th 2005, 4:45 am
Can I go now!?

OzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really nice
Default Sydney timelines, please post yours

Could anyone who has submitted an application to Sydney please post your timeline. I am most interested in skilled worker class. However feel free to post other classes as I am sure others will be interested, just make it obvious that it is not skilled worker.

I have checked out Yogi but there aren't too may timelines there. If anybody is interested the Sydney timelines can be found here. Just scroll right down the bottom.

My timeline is in my signature.
Old Feb 13th 2005, 10:46 pm
Forum Regular

blairwitch is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sydney timelines, please post yours

Hey OzRob

My timeline is in my signature aswell.
I am a spouse!!!
Oh and I believe you are going to Canmore?
Gorgeous place, MrBW has lived in Banff for the last 6 years, which makes him almost a "local"!

Cheers-bw
Old Feb 14th 2005, 12:30 am
BE Enthusiast

didik will become famous soon enough

Mine as in my signature.
Originally Posted by OzRob
Could anyone who has submitted an application to Sydney please post your timeline. I am most interested in skilled worker class. However feel free to post other classes as I am sure others will be interested, just make it obvious that it is not skilled worker.

I have checked out Yogi but there aren't too may timelines there. If anybody is interested the Sydney timelines can be found here. Just scroll right down the bottom.

My timeline is in my signature.
Old Feb 14th 2005, 2:26 am
Can I go now!?

OzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really nice

Thanks for that guys. I have noticed both of your timelines on Yogi.

Any more aussies here?

Originally Posted by blairwitch
Hey OzRob

My timeline is in my signature aswell.
I am a spouse!!!
Oh and I believe you are going to Canmore?
Gorgeous place, MrBW has lived in Banff for the last 6 years, which makes him almost a "local"!

Cheers-bw
BW,
yes, Canmore bound am I. Who have you been talking to?... ...or have I posted it here somewhere. I can't remember doing that so you have a good memory.

Are you heading for Banff?
Old Feb 14th 2005, 2:43 am
Can I go now!?

Default Processing times

After posting the original message I found that the processing times for last year has been placed on the CIC's website. I am quite impressed by the processing times for Sydney as listed below:

Skilled Worker
30% of cases finalised in 9 months
50% of cases finalised in 11 months
70% of cases finalised in 13 months
80% of cases finalised in 16 months

Family Class: Spousal
30% of cases finalised in 4 months
50% of cases finalised in 5 months
70% of cases finalised in 6 months
80% of cases finalised in 8 months
Old Feb 14th 2005, 6:01 am
Forum Regular

OzRob

You posted that you were going to Canmore, and it kinda caught my eye. Yes, I will be heading back to Banff, at least at first, Hubby has a great job, the scenary is stunning, and the skiing is grand! And Calgary right around the corner. And once my PR comes through, I can walk back into my old job at the hotel I used to work in, until I decide what I'd like to do!
Old Feb 16th 2005, 8:36 pm
Can I go now!?

Come on, there must be more than the three of us!
Old Feb 16th 2005, 10:34 pm
Forum Regular

Timmo is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, there's gotta be more Aussies! I've been following this forum for ages and am now finally getting all the bits and pieces together. Keep us updated everyone!
Old Feb 16th 2005, 10:37 pm
Forum Regular

Blairwitch...which hotel did you work for? I spent around 2.5yrs in Banff (1996-1999) and that's what made me want to stay. Worked for Skiing Louise and the Banff Springs Hotel.
Old Feb 16th 2005, 11:20 pm
Forum Regular

Ah, I'm at the competition!
The Rimrock!
But hubby also works there, so I don't know how long I'll stick around there......
Not that I don't love him to pieces, but he is in a managerial position, and I don't know if I wanna be one of those couples that live and work together!
But we'll see, just easy to walk back into my job like I never left (well except for the fact that a year will have passed) and my old boss told MrBW that she would hire me even if she was overstaffed! Nice to be wanted!
I think that I would love to get a job at the Chateau LL, but would have to convince hubby to go there aswell..... so again the prob of living and working together.
Old Feb 24th 2005, 12:52 am
BE Enthusiast

For Applicants from CIC Sydney,
Well, you guys probably have learnt that Sydney CIC requires less waitings than most of CIC posts. The trend is even more encouraging now.
--
80% of applicants will be finalised in xx months
a) Jul 2003 - Jun 2004 = 26 months
b) Jul 2003 - Sep 2004 = 22 months
c) Jul 2003 - Dec 2004 = 16 months
For most recent stats visit: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/departm...illed-fed.html

Sorry to say that I do not have data for other categories, and other CIC posts.

ddk

Originally Posted by blairwitch
Ah, I'm at the competition!
The Rimrock!
But hubby also works there, so I don't know how long I'll stick around there......
Not that I don't love him to pieces, but he is in a managerial position, and I don't know if I wanna be one of those couples that live and work together!
But we'll see, just easy to walk back into my job like I never left (well except for the fact that a year will have passed) and my old boss told MrBW that she would hire me even if she was overstaffed! Nice to be wanted!
I think that I would love to get a job at the Chateau LL, but would have to convince hubby to go there aswell..... so again the prob of living and working together.
Old Feb 24th 2005, 1:35 am
Forum Regular

Yay!

Doing my TEF test tomorrow......a shortly after I'll be doing the waiting game too!
Old Feb 24th 2005, 1:53 am
Can I go now!?

Originally Posted by didik
For Applicants from CIC Sydney,
Well, you guys probably have learnt that Sydney CIC requires less waitings than most of CIC posts. The trend is even more encouraging now.
--
80% of applicants will be finalised in xx months
a) Jul 2003 - Jun 2004 = 26 months
b) Jul 2003 - Sep 2004 = 22 months
c) Jul 2003 - Dec 2004 = 16 months
For most recent stats visit: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/departm...illed-fed.html

Sorry to say that I do not have data for other categories, and other CIC posts.

ddk
Hey ddk,
how do these figures work? I mean all of the three periods start Jul 2003.

Am I having a blonde day?
Old Feb 24th 2005, 5:04 am
BE Enthusiast

I am not very sure myself. But it is a good sign for the processing time is in continuous decline.
ddk

Originally Posted by OzRob
Hey ddk,
how do these figures work? I mean all of the three periods start Jul 2003.

Am I having a blonde day?
Old Feb 24th 2005, 3:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

* i am an aussie~~~~~

however am not applying through Sydney....BUT i still wanted to post here.....LOL..as i feel kinda in ..inbetween land *G*

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.