SW (SAP) AORS

Old Jun 2nd 2007, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

Maple Cupcakes is an unknown quantity at this point
Default SW (SAP) AORS

We have today submitted our SW Application for PR, just 3 weeks after deciding it is now or never. We have spent the last few weeks doing loads of research and obtained really useful info on this site. It is a bit of an anti-climax now it is actually in the post, I'm sure everyone will agree you just want to get out there now and not sit around with your life on hold.

However, as we now begin the long wait (we are hoping to get out earlier on a WP when our eldest finishes her GCSE's in 2010-even that date feels like an eternity!) we are wondering whether the AOR , when it arrives will give an idea of what documents will be required under the Simplified Application?

Will the employment details and places of residence be required for me as well as OH (main applicant) and if so how detailed do they need to be? His is easy as he has spent 22 years in the Navy, I can't even remember addresses where I was living as a student (too much time in the bar and it was 20 years ago!

We want to try to start collating this information and some documents before we need them.

Any other useful ideas on how to pass the time would be appreciated! (improving our French is already on the agenda)

Thanks

Sue
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 9:14 pm
Your goto Realtor

liquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: SW (SAP) AORS

Good luck. I remember when I sent my application in and then the waiting game begins. I applied via skilled worker route but had a AEO approved by canadain HRDC which meant my file was fast tracked. Might be worth thinking about. You should get husband or yourself to put CV up on monster.ca and search canadain job centers website. Get CV out there and who knows you may get lucky. Anyway research on here about it all and you can always add a AEO to your file at later date should any job prospects arise out there.
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 9:18 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by liquidsuite
Good luck. I remember when I sent my application in and then the waiting game begins. I applied via skilled worker route but had a AEO approved by canadain HRDC which meant my file was fast tracked. Might be worth thinking about. You should get husband or yourself to put CV up on monster.ca and search canadain job centers website. Get CV out there and who knows you may get lucky. Anyway research on here about it all and you can always add a AEO to your file at later date should any job prospects arise out there.
Read the checklist at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/applica...d-mission.html it will give you a fairly good idea the docs. required in 3/4 years time.
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 9:43 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks PMM for the link, looks like we are going to be busy! Do we have to give exact addresses, if so we will be driving around half the streets of London and the South of England whilst I try to remember which houses I lived in? Not a pleasant thought with 3 kids in the back of the car!

Sue
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 3:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

clairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant future

hi, think ive made a boob... do i need to send the application for residency the same time as my sw application and include the pics too
thanx
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 3:50 pm
C'mon already

kazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sueandkev
We have today submitted our SW Application for PR, just 3 weeks after deciding it is now or never. We have spent the last few weeks doing loads of research and obtained really useful info on this site. It is a bit of an anti-climax now it is actually in the post, I'm sure everyone will agree you just want to get out there now and not sit around with your life on hold.

However, as we now begin the long wait (we are hoping to get out earlier on a WP when our eldest finishes her GCSE's in 2010-even that date feels like an eternity!) we are wondering whether the AOR , when it arrives will give an idea of what documents will be required under the Simplified Application?

Will the employment details and places of residence be required for me as well as OH (main applicant) and if so how detailed do they need to be? His is easy as he has spent 22 years in the Navy, I can't even remember addresses where I was living as a student (too much time in the bar and it was 20 years ago!

We want to try to start collating this information and some documents before we need them.

Any other useful ideas on how to pass the time would be appreciated! (improving our French is already on the agenda)

Thanks

Sue
Hi Sue,

We are in the same boat as you. OH leaves RN in 4 years after finishing his 22. We applied end of last October. OH is planning on learning French, I might as well, but problem is that he goes to sea again soon, so that'll be me left working and looking after kids on my lonesome again! Deep joy.

I know what you mean about the address thing, I seem to have lived in loads of houses. Suppose we should start gathering all this pretty soon. In fact we are in the process of selling our house and moving back into MQ's (very depressing, but needs must).

Good luck with all the paperwork.

Karen
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Karen,

Just sent you a PM

Sue