SW-AEO Quickest Route?

Old Aug 28th 2008, 10:14 pm
Forum Regular

Dis-Illusionist has a spectacular aura aboutDis-Illusionist has a spectacular aura aboutDis-Illusionist has a spectacular aura about
Default SW-AEO Quickest Route?

Hello folks,

I was told today that going the Skilled Worker Route (with an AEO) is the fastest way to get a PR and even quicker than a PNP Route even when using Strategic Recruitment Initiative as opposed to the slower General Stream (i'm hoping to move to Winni).

I have a couple of questions that i'm hoping someone would help me with:

1. Are AEO's approved/rejected by HRSDC quicker than they approve/reject LMO's?

2. ...and is it true that with an AEO the employer must leave the job advertised/open until all has been approved and i land ready to take up the position.

3. With an AEO and SW route would i be PR as soon as i land (and have working documents Nat Ins etc)?

If so, what if i'm not happy in my job and then choose to work for someone else? Could i get a seek employment elsewhere and would my new employer then need to submit any further documents?

4. Has anyone received an AEO offer and then had the employer pull out at the last minute ie after AEO letters have been received and apps have been submitted?

5. Does immigration carry out checks to see if you are working for the company you recieved your AEO offer from?

We're going on a recce in 8 weeks hoping to meet some employers so want to get my facts right before then. Need to cover all angles and eventualities, last thing i want is to hand in my notice, sell the house/cars and then get dumped at the last minute. Wouldn't be fair on missus and kids
Old Aug 28th 2008, 11:57 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: SW-AEO Quickest Route?

You are confusing few different things - AE, LMO and AEO.

LMO is the HRSDC approval of job offer and is needed to apply for work permit.

AEO is the HRSDC approval of job offer for those who won't be hired by Canadian employer until they become PR.

AE (Arranged Employment) is what you need to expedite your PR application in federal SW class - it may be either (1) a job offer stating that you'll be hired after becoming a PR plus positive AEO. or (2) well documented fact of applicant already working in Canada with valid work permit plus a letter from employer stating that current temporary employment will be converted to permanent position after applicant becomes a PR.

Because of your confusion most of your questions cannot be even answered.

Doesn't matter which route you take to get PR visa - you become a PR as soon as you land.

There is no such thing as "Nat Ins". Health insurance coverage is a domain of Provinces and their rules vary.

And yes, if you claim AE as in the (2) above then you must include with application conclusive evidence of working for the employer stated on your work permit. And yes, the fact may be verified before your visa is issued.

And finally - some PNP routes are faster than federal SW with AE application.
Old Aug 29th 2008, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

Dis-Illusionist has a spectacular aura aboutDis-Illusionist has a spectacular aura aboutDis-Illusionist has a spectacular aura about

Apologies for the confusion Andrew, by AEO, it seems i actually meant AE.

1. Which PNP routes for Manitoba are faster than FSW with AE and what are the realistic time-scales?

2. Assuming I have AE and my application is near completion where do i stand if the employer then pulls out of the offer. Can I land as PR and get another job.

3. Also, with the FSW-AE route do i not get a visa before i leave the UK or would that only be issued upon landing in Canada? Your reply intimates that a visa is only issued once i've landed and am actually working. Is this the case?

Hope the above clarification helps explain my other questions.

Thanks in advance Andrew for you eagerly anticipated replies.
Old Aug 29th 2008, 10:50 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dis-Illusionist
Assuming I have AE and my application is near completion where do i stand if the employer then pulls out of the offer.
Arranged employment in this scenario would be helpful only if you already were working in Canada on a temporary work permit (TWP). You could only get a TWP if the employer had obtained a labour market opinion (LMO). The LMO would be issued only if the employer had advertised the job across Canada for the required length of time and no qualified Canadian resident had applied for the job.

Given that an employer has to jump through so many hoops to get an LMO, make a job offer to a foreigner, and wait for the foreigner to get his/her TWP, it's not all that usual for the employer to then ditch the employee. However, it has been known to happen, to members of this forum no less.

Can I land as PR and get another job.
No.

Also, with the FSW-AE route do i not get a visa before i leave the UK or would that only be issued upon landing in Canada? Your reply intimates that a visa is only issued once i've landed and am actually working. Is this the case?
The thing is that FSW-AE involves coming to Canada on a temporary work permit (TWP) and then, once you're in Canada working under the terms of your TWP, submitting a permanent residence (PR) application that is backed up by a permanent job offer. For more information on this, see the Wiki article called Fast Track PR Application.

There are three ways of submitting a PR application via the federal skilled worker (FSW) route that I am aware of:
  • A plain, unadorned PR application. In real life, it's unlikely to be approved this side of the next Ice Age, as another poster so eloquently put it.

• A PR application backed up by AEO. AEO means an arranged employment opinion. The prospective employer has to apply to Human Resources and Social Development Canada (HRSDC) for an AEO while the prospective employee still is in the UK and before the prospective employee has applied for PR. Once the employer has received the AEO from HRSDC, he forwards a copy of it to the prospective employee. The prospective employee then attaches the AEO to his/her PR application. The AEO supports the PR application but, on its own, does not provide a guarantee that the applicant's PR application will be approved. The AEO also does not constitute authorization to move to Canada and start working in Canada. Andrew has stated that PR applications backed up by AEOs usually are scrutinized more carefully than other applications. Apparently it is common for Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) to request additional back up documents. The reason is that some job offers are fraudulent (the results of bribes, attempts to help family members and friends get into Canada, and so on). But there are people who have gained entry by this route.

• A PR application that is backed up by AE (arranged employment) and that is submitted once the applicant already is in Canada, working on a temporary work permit. This is the fast tracked (or expedited) PR application process that I mentioned above.
There also are Wiki articles that explain how the Provincial Nominee Programs differ from PR and TWP applications. See:
Hope that helps.
x

Last edited by Judy in Calgary; Aug 29th 2008 at 10:53 pm. Reason: Spelling
Old Aug 30th 2008, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

This is all getting a bit confusing now.

My previous thread should have read as me referring to an AEO and not AE as wrongly stated above (thanks to Judy for that clarification :-))

So just to clarify;

1. My employer sends an AEO form to HRSDC.
2. Once thats approved i then receive a letter stating AEO approval.
3. I then attach that to my PR App as FSW and submit that here in the UK.
4. Does an AEO expedite my PR Application as FSW?

(Andrew Miller) Doesn't matter which route you take to get PR visa - you become a PR as soon as you land.
5. I receive my PR Visa once everything has gone through and i land in Canada as PR?
6. Am I then eligible to work for the company that sponsored me?
(Judy) FSW-AE involves coming to Canada on a temporary work permit (TWP) and then, once you're in Canada working under the terms of your TWP, submitting a permanent residence (PR) application that is backed up by a permanent job offer
So in Summary;
My understanding is that FSW/AEO will see me land as a PR (as Andrew Stated) and being eligible to work straight away without filling in any additional forms (apart from SIN Numbers etc); but the FSW/AE route has nothing to do with applying for PR from the UK and is in fact to do with applying for a TWP first (in UK), landing in Canada, and then applying for PR if i have Long Term (>1yr?) contract of employment while working in Canada . Have I understood this correctly?

Would i have to start whole process again if employer pulls out of AEO route before i receive my PR if i was going the FSW-AEO route?

HELP!

Last edited by Dis-Illusionist; Aug 30th 2008 at 11:31 am.