Student Visa for canada

Old Oct 24th 2013, 9:15 am
Just Joined

alirezae90 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Student Visa for canada

I have been living in the UK for the past 5 years under a student status. Now, after finally receiving my PHD admission from one of the universities in Canada, I would like to obtain a student visa to Canada. I do have all the required documents to apply for a student visa in Canada but the only problem is that I only have 2 weeks left from my UK visa. Do I need to have a 3 to 6 months of valid visa in the UK to be able to apply for a canadian visa or can I do this as long as I have a valid UK visa(14 days).

Note: I can not go back to my home country (Iran) as the canadian embassy is closed there and I would also be conscripted for military service.
Old Oct 24th 2013, 12:20 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Student Visa for canada

Originally Posted by alirezae90
I have been living in the UK for the past 5 years under a student status. Now, after finally receiving my PHD admission from one of the universities in Canada, I would like to obtain a student visa to Canada. I do have all the required documents to apply for a student visa in Canada but the only problem is that I only have 2 weeks left from my UK visa. Do I need to have a 3 to 6 months of valid visa in the UK to be able to apply for a canadian visa or can I do this as long as I have a valid UK visa(14 days).

Note: I can not go back to my home country (Iran) as the canadian embassy is closed there and I would also be conscripted for military service.
Welcome to BE.

I am moving your thread over to the Canada Immigration forum. Good luck.
Old Oct 24th 2013, 12:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

As you come from a country requiring a visa to enter Canada you also have to apply for a study permit at an office outside of Canada as you are not eligible to apply for a study permit at a Port of Entry when entering Canada.
Residents/citizens of Iran apply via the Ankara, Turkey office

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...ons/ankara.asp
Old Oct 24th 2013, 1:48 pm
Just Joined

alirezae90 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
As you come from a country requiring a visa to enter Canada you also have to apply for a study permit at an office outside of Canada as you are not eligible to apply for a study permit at a Port of Entry when entering Canada.
Residents/citizens of Iran apply via the Ankara, Turkey office

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...ons/ankara.asp
Thank you for your response. I am aware as an Iranian citizen I need to apply through the VAC in Ankara but my question and circumstances are different. As I said I have a resident permit in the UK that expires in two weeks. My question is whether or not an I apply through the VAC in London as long as I have a resident permit to remain in the UK? Or do need to have a longer period of valid resident permit for instance 3 months ahead of applying.
Old Oct 25th 2013, 12:07 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for your response. I am aware as an Iranian citizen I need to apply through the VAC in Ankara but my question and circumstances are different. As I said I have a resident permit in the UK that expires in two weeks. My question is whether or not an I apply through the VAC in London as long as I have a resident permit to remain in the UK? Or do need to have a longer period of valid resident permit for instance 3 months ahead of applying.
HAve you considered what you are going to do if you do not get a Canadian visa within those 2 weeks?
Old Oct 25th 2013, 2:45 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

The easiest thing is to contact the VAC and ask them. They have a 'chat to us' button on their contact page, so you can chat online with them in real time. I don't think anyone on BE will have the information you need so I would really recommend you contact London VAC directly, as your time is very limited to get an answer.

http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/Unite...contactus.html