British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   still waiting..... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/still-waiting-673768/)

talltrucker2 Jun 23rd 2010 10:37 pm

still waiting.....

Hi guys... i'm going to vent....sorry..

why do cic London take so long to tell you anything.....

I mean, you don't get a letter/e-mail back from them saying, yes we have received your medicals from the doctor or a letter/ e-mail saying yes we have received your additional information, why can't they keep people up to date with there application's i know there's ecas but do they update it every tuesday, i don't know... I know they have so many applications to go through, and there are people out there who have been waiting years,but we pay our fees and i think they should be on the ball.....

Do they also know the amount of stress they put people though!!!!!

I've only been waiting eight weeks for my PPR, if we get PPR that is, it is stressing me and my wife out. You can't make no plans what so ever...

Sorry for my venting just needed to let it all out...

Good luck to everybody who is still waiting for med requests and PPR......

AmyDavid Jun 23rd 2010 10:40 pm

Re: still waiting.....

Originally Posted by talltrucker2 (Post 8652763)

I mean, you don't get a letter/e-mail back from them saying, yes we have received your medicals from the doctor or a letter/ e-mail saying yes we have received your additional information, why can't they keep people up to date with there application's i know there's ecas but do they update it every tuesday, i don't know... I know they have so many applications to go through, and there are people out there who have been waiting years,but we pay our fees and i think they should be on the ball.....

I've only been waiting eight weeks for my PPR, if we get PPR that is, it is stressing me and my wife out. You can't make no plans what so ever...

If I were you - I would send them a little e-mail - at the mo (as long as all is okay with your meds) they seem to be taking around 6/8 weeks to send out PPR e-mails after receiving medicals. Sometimes they are about to send the e-mail and a little nudge gets it sent a little faster!

Good luck x:fingerscrossed:

talltrucker2 Jun 23rd 2010 10:44 pm

Hi..

That was quick thanks for you reply...

We sent a e-mail last Friday, still no reply.....:(

humanist Jun 23rd 2010 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by talltrucker2 (Post 8652763)

I know how you feel! My timeline is pretty similar.

ALL they need to do is update ECAS a bit more often, it wouldn't take much effort. Half the stress is worrying that something has gone wrong because there hasn't been any communication for so long.

Anyway, I'm sure it's just a case of waiting just that little bit longer.

AmyDavid Jun 23rd 2010 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by talltrucker2 (Post 8652774)
Hi..

That was quick thanks for you reply...

We sent a e-mail last Friday, still no reply.....:(

Ahh the joys of waiting for CIC to respond...give it another week and then send another e-mail. They did seem to be speeding up on sending PPR responses - I thought it was the sunshine chivvying them up a bit!

talltrucker2 Jun 23rd 2010 10:54 pm

Who knows what these guys are up too, one week alot of people get PPR, the next not so many......i hope the sunshine speeds them up....

I know humanist.... WHY can't they just hire a few people who's job is to just update ecas !!!!

talltrucker2 Jul 8th 2010 12:15 pm

Still waiting.......... 10 Weeks now!!!!!!!:frown:

AmyDavid Jul 8th 2010 12:20 pm

Did you e-mail them?

daisychain Jul 8th 2010 12:28 pm

We waited from end nov. to may, so hang on in there! 7 weeks tomorrow our passports were sent in..............................

T-Pot Jul 8th 2010 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by talltrucker2 (Post 8686185)
Still waiting.......... 10 Weeks now!!!!!!!:frown:

10 weeks! Hah! that's nothing - try waiting 3-4 years

talltrucker2 Jul 8th 2010 12:37 pm

Hi, e-mailed them but still no reply, we put urgent on it, so i'll give it till next week then send another...... but i don't really want to cheese them off..

just want to start my new life!!!!!

talltrucker2 Jul 8th 2010 12:39 pm

You must have the patience of a saint, t-pot.....

T-Pot Jul 8th 2010 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by talltrucker2 (Post 8686255)
You must have the patience of a saint, t-pot.....

Thanks, but I'm not too bad, I'm only 2.5 years into the 'will I get there before I retire'. There's plenty more who have been waiting since 1900 and frozen to death (as my Grandad used to say)

Falcore Jul 8th 2010 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by T-Pot (Post 8686288)
Thanks, but I'm not too bad, I'm only 2.5 years into the 'will I get there before I retire'. There's plenty more who have been waiting since 1900 and frozen to death (as my Grandad used to say)

I'm playing the please let me get there before i'm 40 game! :lol: I'm 34 now! :rolleyes:

flipance Jul 8th 2010 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by talltrucker2 (Post 8686249)
Hi, e-mailed them but still no reply, we put urgent on it, so i'll give it till next week then send another...... but i don't really want to cheese them off..

just want to start my new life!!!!!

Fingers crossed for you, next time I go past your place I will blow my horn.