Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Still not received CEC application back ...

Still not received CEC application back ...

Old Mar 19th 2015, 4:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Poppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Still not received CEC application back ...

Can someone explain the following statement that appears on the Government of Canada website please! Date Modified: 2015-02-09

Government of Canada

If I applied under the previous Canadian Experience Class caps (before January 1, 2015), will you still process my application, or should I re-apply under the new Express Entry system?

It depends on when we got your application:
• If it was before January 1, 2015, we will assess it against the eligibility requirements and caps in effect at that time.
Once we assess your application, we will process it if:
• it is complete,
• you meet the eligibility requirements, and
• there is still room in the cap.

If we got your application before January 1, 2015 and sent it back to you because it was incomplete, overcap, or refused it because you were not found eligible, you may wish to assess your qualifications to see if you are eligible to be entered into the Express Entry pool.

My son's application was signed for 12 December 2014; however we have still not received his package back.

His NOC is 4021 College and other vocational instructors.

I thought all caps had been filled and that applications were being returned. Friends of his received their applications back within two weeks, so I'm confused about what is happening given the above statement.

Can someone clarify the situation?

I would be most grateful.

Poppit

Last edited by Poppit; Mar 19th 2015 at 4:52 am. Reason: Added Date Website Modified
Old Mar 21st 2015, 9:45 pm
Forum Regular

BexB has a reputation beyond reputeBexB has a reputation beyond reputeBexB has a reputation beyond reputeBexB has a reputation beyond reputeBexB has a reputation beyond reputeBexB has a reputation beyond reputeBexB has a reputation beyond reputeBexB has a reputation beyond reputeBexB has a reputation beyond reputeBexB has a reputation beyond reputeBexB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Still not received CEC application back ...

Hi,

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the evidence seems to support the cap having been reached towards the end of October, with subsequent applicants being advised to consider the EE route instead. I'm not sure why your son has not heard back yet, but CIC can be slow.
Old Mar 21st 2015, 11:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Poppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks BexB

That's what I think too, but the website is misleading and tends to indicate otherwise.

I just wish they would send applications back so people definitely know where they stand.

He has applied under Express Entry but he could do with his photos, language results, references and so forth from the CEC application so he doesn't need to start forking out even more money.

I thought they dealt with applications in date order - obviously not!

Poppit
Old Mar 22nd 2015, 8:36 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

How do you think the quote from the CIC is indicating otherwise?

And they do deal with applications in the order they are received so don't worry about that. They don't once they're being processed (as factors like background checks, verifying education or Canadian relatives etc, all take different lengths of time), but they do definitely open applications in the order they are received.

It can take several months to get an app back, so I wouldn't worry yet. I'd give it until early May and then contact them if it's still not been received.
Old Mar 22nd 2015, 4:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Christmasoompa, but my understanding is that the global quota was reached October 21. 2014 and so they were sending back all applications received after this date back.

I am aware of people receiving their applications back with a letter saying the quota was reached in October. Thiese applications were received both before my son sent his early December, and some dated towards the end of December. Given this information, and the fact they are open in date order, I don't understand why his has not been returned.

I did originally think it might be because his NOC quota has not been filled, but the news bulletins say the global quota is filled so it would not make any difference what his NOC code was.

Poppit
Old Mar 22nd 2015, 6:03 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppit
Thanks Christmasoompa, but my understanding is that the global quota was reached October 21. 2014 and so they were sending back all applications received after this date back.

I am aware of people receiving their applications back with a letter saying the quota was reached in October. Thiese applications were received both before my son sent his early December, and some dated towards the end of December. Given this information, and the fact they are open in date order, I don't understand why his has not been returned.

I did originally think it might be because his NOC quota has not been filled, but the news bulletins say the global quota is filled so it would not make any difference what his NOC code was.

Poppit
It may just be that the other people that have had their applications returned had different mailing methods or something like that. What method did your son use for his SAE's?