Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Still not had passport back after 8 weeks - what to do?

Still not had passport back after 8 weeks - what to do?

Old Aug 4th 2009, 4:37 pm
Forum Regular

clactonlad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Still not had passport back after 8 weeks - what to do?

Hi guys,

I had my passport request at the beginning of June from the embassy in NYC. I promptly sent my PP off via UPS and it was delivered on the morning of the 10th of June.

Now around the 8 week mark, i still have not heard anything back. NYC said in the PPR letter that they only return the PP to an address in the US, Canada or Bermuda. So being a British citizen, i re-entered Canada and submitted my PP from here. When i entered Canada i was truthful and explained my situation, and showed my PPR letter, so the girl only admitted me on a 3 month, instead of 6 month temp resident visa, as that should have been more than enough time, as in the PPR letter, it stated they would take a maximum of 15 working days before posting the PP back.

Now i am only 6 weeks away before my temp resident expires, and i have no PP to either leave Canada, or extend my stay. I have tried emailing the consulate 2 times, but had no reply.

Has anyone got any suggestions of anything i can do to see where the hell my PP is, or who i can contact. Or what i should do about extending my stay if it looks like i wont get my passport back before my temp res visa expires on Sept 7th?

Thanks,

Wayne
Old Aug 4th 2009, 7:58 pm
Just Joined

supafly is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Still not had passport back after 8 weeks - what to do?

i can't help with the extension bit but i can say that i have been waiting over 8 weeks now for passports from NYC and nothing has arrived yet.

it seems that NY are slow in their passport turnaround.
Old Aug 4th 2009, 9:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

kleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by supafly
i can't help with the extension bit but i can say that i have been waiting over 8 weeks now for passports from NYC and nothing has arrived yet.

it seems that NY are slow in their passport turnaround.
Yeah there's an entire thread about NYC passport turnaround times on an other forum. They are extremely slow in returning passports. All you can do is keep pestering them and wait I'm afraid
Old Aug 4th 2009, 10:36 pm
Forum Regular

kleinluka can you link me up to the thread on the other forum please?
Old Aug 5th 2009, 3:10 am
BE Enthusiast

kleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by clactonlad
kleinluka can you link me up to the thread on the other forum please?
It's a long thread but this link will take you to the most recent events...

http://www.immigration.ca/discussion...&whichpage=161
Old Aug 5th 2009, 1:36 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you very much!
Old Aug 5th 2009, 6:42 pm
Forum Regular

Just an update: I received a reply from NYC today regarding my PP and they told me they mailed it back on the 29th of July so i should be receiving it any time soon!
Old Aug 5th 2009, 6:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Great! I'm glad to hear that! Keep in mind they probably sent it by regular mail so it might still take a few days.. Don't lose hope
Old Aug 5th 2009, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks kleinluka, judging by my correspondence from NYC so far, it seems to take 2 weeks or so via mail so i am probably looking at the middle or back end of next week
Old Aug 6th 2009, 6:12 pm
Just Joined

supafly is an unknown quantity at this point

received our passports through today - they had put the wrong number on the address *rolls eyes*

so anyway, hopefully some more will start coming through now.
Old Aug 6th 2009, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

Hi,

I also received my PP today, thank god. I shall be posting my landing experience soon in a separate post.

Good luck to those still waiting and congrats to those who got there's today!
Old Aug 6th 2009, 8:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by clactonlad
Hi,

I also received my PP today, thank god. I shall be posting my landing experience soon in a separate post.

Good luck to those still waiting and congrats to those who got there's today!
EXCELLENT So how long did it take NYC to return your PP after you mailed it in?
Old Aug 6th 2009, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

All said and done 8 weeks and 1 day lol
Old Aug 6th 2009, 10:09 pm
Forum Regular

vegasrockstar will become famous soon enoughvegasrockstar will become famous soon enough

Congratulations!