Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Steps after medicals for PNPs already in Canada?

Steps after medicals for PNPs already in Canada?

Old Jul 23rd 2009, 7:23 pm
Just Joined

Andy_331 is on a distinguished road
Default Steps after medicals for PNPs already in Canada?

Hi everyone,

Just a quick question on the steps following medicals for PNPs currently working and living in Canada. I have heard different stories and I can only find information for PNPs living outside of Canada on the CIC website.

I have recently had my medical requests (dealing with the Buffalo office) and I am taking them on Monday of next week. I am just wondering what to expect assuming that everything is fine with the medicals?

e.g. Will they request my passport in the post? Will i need to leave/reenter the country? I have also heard that they may send me a letter and that I may be able to get my PR visa from my local Service Canada centre?

Appreciate any advice because my current visa runs out on Oct 11 and even though I doubt I will receive PR by then, it would help to know what the process is.

Many Thanks

Last edited by Andy_331; Jul 23rd 2009 at 7:31 pm.
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

What Limits has a brilliant futureWhat Limits has a brilliant futureWhat Limits has a brilliant futureWhat Limits has a brilliant futureWhat Limits has a brilliant futureWhat Limits has a brilliant future
Default Re: Steps after medicals for PNPs already in Canada?

Next step - pay more money
Step 2 - send in passports when requested
Step 3 - Wait far too long for your passport to come back
Step 4 - Land at a POE, you don't have to flagpole any more.
Step 5 - enjoy

Sorry if this is too cynical - I am stuck at step 3

You may have to extend your current visa to cover.
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 7:46 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by What Limits
Next step - pay more money
Step 2 - send in passports when requested
Step 3 - Wait far too long for your passport to come back
Step 4 - Land at a POE, you don't have to flagpole any more.
Step 5 - enjoy

Sorry if this is too cynical - I am stuck at step 3

You may have to extend your current visa to cover.
1. You still have to flagpole (i.e. get a rejection from the US) at border point, or phone the call centre for a "landing appointment" inland.
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 9:23 pm
Just Joined

Andy_331 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the quick response guys- I appreciate the help. I wasn't expecting great news and at least this helps set my expectation. Is there a list of POEs? or are all Service Canada's now classed as POEs? I suppose the Call Centre will advise of the nearest...

Thanks again
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 11:42 pm
Just Joined

supafly is an unknown quantity at this point

with regards to waiting too long for passports to be returned.. my wife and i sent our passports off to new york (our file was transferred there) over a month ago and they still haven't returned.

normal?
Old Jul 24th 2009, 12:04 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Andy_331
Thanks for the quick response guys- I appreciate the help. I wasn't expecting great news and at least this helps set my expectation. Is there a list of POEs? or are all Service Canada's now classed as POEs? I suppose the Call Centre will advise of the nearest...

Thanks again
Service Canada offices are NOT POES. Here is a list http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/contact/l...xtype38-e.html
Old Jul 24th 2009, 2:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

ESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really nice

To the OP: I'm having my meds done today so we'll be on almost exactly the same timeline.
Though I've got PNP so I'd like to think that'd speed things up. Might be an interesting experiment should you not have PNP.