Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

state police checks after app submitted

state police checks after app submitted

Old Jun 24th 2005, 5:29 am
Forum Regular

thermophile is an unknown quantity at this point
Default state police checks after app submitted

I (USC spouse sponsored) didn't realize that I need to get state police checks in addition to the FBI check. So now I'm trying to get ahold of all the state specific fingerprint cards, get fingerprinted repeatedly, wait for the results...then what do I do? I assume I should wait and send all the state checks in to Missasauga together? Should I wait till CIC asks me for the checks? If I send them to Missasauga do I just use the address that I sent the app to with a letter with my client ID or is there another address/something specific I should do? Seems like there must be a "Info forgotten in initial application" form, ha ha.

thanks

as a side note, why do I have to get state checks? all criminal records are centralized at the FBI anyway, aren't they? If they arn't, wouldn't the criminal in me just not include in my background declaration the states where I had robbed all those banks?
Old Jun 24th 2005, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

thermophile is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: state police checks after app submitted

I know I've read several other posts where people missed the state checks too. so what did those people do?
Old Jun 24th 2005, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

zider is an unknown quantity at this point

No it's normal for them to ask for them whichever states you lived in, so get them now to save time. Not everything is known by the FBI apparently as there is really no systematically coordinated crime system in the USA, hence the number of wanted felons walking around recommitting crimes!
Old Jun 25th 2005, 2:11 am
Immigration Consultant

Bhagwan Ahuja is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by thermophile
I (USC spouse sponsored) didn't realize that I need to get state police checks in addition to the FBI check. So now I'm trying to get ahold of all the state specific fingerprint cards, get fingerprinted repeatedly, wait for the results...then what do I do? I assume I should wait and send all the state checks in to Missasauga together? Should I wait till CIC asks me for the checks? If I send them to Missasauga do I just use the address that I sent the app to with a letter with my client ID or is there another address/something specific I should do? Seems like there must be a "Info forgotten in initial application" form, ha ha.

thanks

as a side note, why do I have to get state checks? all criminal records are centralized at the FBI anyway, aren't they? If they arn't, wouldn't the criminal in me just not include in my background declaration the states where I had robbed all those banks?
Normally, we are required to send the police verification or background checks for every country where we have lived for six months or more for the past ten years. But police certificate and background checks wherever required are required to be sent as soon as possible. Don't wait until all are assembled. Whatever and whenever you receive, send the same immediately mentioning your file#. This indicates how serious you are about your immigration to Canada.

Last edited by Bhagwan Ahuja; Jun 25th 2005 at 2:25 am.