Wikiposts

Starting NS PNP

Old Oct 19th 2011, 11:52 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Starting NS PNP

Originally Posted by joyousjoy
We havent included cis as we were aren't sure if we can afford a reccie - depends on house sale hence my no comment l.
I hate to say it, but if you can't afford a reccie, are you sure you can afford to move? Don't forget you'd need to show proof of funds when you apply, for a family of four this amount is $20,599. It also must be shown in your bank account when you arrive in Canada, so can't include your actual moving costs (figure about £15-20k or so). This recent thread may be of interest - http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=735341

Just something to think about anyway.

Old Oct 20th 2011, 12:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

As a nurse a lot will depend on when you trained and that your transcripts show hours both clinical and theory in Paeds, Mental Health, Obstetrics and Adult. If you are short on any hours you will be required to make hours up before college will allow you to work as a nurse temporary whilst waiting to sit CRNE.

CRNE is only sat 3 times a year in Canada. Career beacon.com may be an idea in regards jobs and some employers will assist with TWP but I think you will find them to be nursing homes.

I have been through the process and been working since Aug 2010 in a LTC facility once I passed CRNE. I actually am enjoying working for the facility and my experience was taken into account in regards pay and I am getting more than I did in the UK. PM me if I can help at all

Agree you will need money to be able to set up and a reccie would be good as a lot will depend on what sort of life you want. We love where we are

(should add we came over with hubby as main TWP applicant although I am now the main applicant when we had to renew TWP after 3 years and waiting for PR to be processed)
Old Oct 21st 2011, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

joyousjoy is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for you reply and the very handy links. On the subject of a reccie - we could if we budgeted etc it's just I was wondering if I should put the money to coming over. Although I'm currently thinking doing a reccie anyway as I think this would be good for all of us, esp my children (and more important to us than a holiday to Spain or elsewhere lol )

Do you have any idea how long it takes (once you've got all the relevant paperwork etc) once you apply for FSW to get to Canada? Just thinking if I get the paperwork etc,all ready, as you've suggested, when to put house up for sale? I'd hate to be accepted and then stuck selling?
Cheers joy
Old Oct 21st 2011, 7:27 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Have you been to NS before? If not, I'd say a recce is essential - a lot of people love NS, but many hate it. No point spending tens of thousands on moving somewhere only to find it's not for you.

The whole process takes around a year, give or take a bit.

HTH.

Old Oct 21st 2011, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

joyousjoy is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep that definitely helps! Thank you soooo much for all ur info - you're a star
Joy
Old Oct 22nd 2011, 12:26 am
Forum Regular

clay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to all

You defo need to visit first, how do you now you like the place ? Madness just moving without visiting first... good luck and hope everything works out.. I'm sure you will love NS, but visit first..